how to fix scratch disk full in photoshop

ThatOneGuyThatFlew
Go to solution Solved by kameshss,

this is all i see http://prntscr.com/8a9wf6

Okay.

May be lower down the resolution in Photoshop PSD.

converted-f59729e3.jpg

It may cause such problems.

so it says my scratch disk is full i have one HDD and it had 616 gb free, i cleared all my temp files and got rid of all my registry errors and i recycled my recycling bin and still no luck i cant do anything in photoshop. i looked and my old HDD is selected for the scratch disk so idk what to do 

Change the disk it uses for the scratch disk in the options?

In Photoshop, scratch disk full errors can pop up unexpectedly. The message could mean that one or a number of things have gone wrong.

Step 1 - Check your scratch disk

You will first need to find out what hard drive is set up as your Photoshop scratch disk. You can pull up this information by looking in your Photoshop Preferences. Now, open that hard drive in your desktop. In all likelihood, this hard drive is now extremely full, which is not only bad for Photoshop, but also for your personal storage. Try to clear some space for yourself.

Step 2 - Delete temp files

If you cannot bring yourself to delete any of your files, there may be some Photoshop files that you can erase. Look for any Photoshop temp files that start with "pst" followed by some numbers and then the file extension ".tmp". These are expendable as long as your work is saved.

Step 3 - Assign a new scratch disk

You can also change which hard drive you want set as your scratch disk. Make sure that your new choice has free space then go back to your Photoshop preferences and make the assignment. You can also use multiple hard drives.

When your scratch disk is full it is only a matter of data management to fix it. A little reorganizing should get you back on track.

Edit > Preferences > Performance

Select the other Hard Disk as "active" in the scratch disk option.

@ThatOneGuyThatFlew

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

In Photoshop, scratch disk full errors can pop up unexpectedly. The message could mean that one or a number of things have gone wrong.

You will first need to find out what hard drive is set up as your Photoshop scratch disk. You can pull up this information by looking in your Photoshop Preferences. Now, open that hard drive in your desktop. In all likelihood, this hard drive is now extremely full, which is not only bad for Photoshop, but also for your personal storage. Try to clear some space for yourself.

If you cannot bring yourself to delete any of your files, there may be some Photoshop files that you can erase. Look for any Photoshop temp files that start with "pst" followed by some numbers and then the file extension ".tmp". These are expendable as long as your work is saved.

You can also change which hard drive you want set as your scratch disk. Make sure that your new choice has free space then go back to your Photoshop preferences and make the assignment. You can also use multiple hard drives.

When your scratch disk is full it is only a matter of data management to fix it. A little reorganizing should get you back on track.

he forgot to follow the topic.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

@ThatOneGuyThatFlew

i only have one HDD

i only have one HDD

Then select the partition which has most free space.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

this is all i see http://prntscr.com/8a9wf6

Okay.

converted-f59729e3.jpg

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Okay.

converted-f59729e3.jpg

what is a good number to put it at? i tried 100 and it worked

70-100 is a good number, unless you are printing a 40 feet poster.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Depends on what you're going to use that for.

Go with what @Rohith_Kumar_Sp told.

what happened to the image ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

what happened to the image ? 

img-prep.gif

idk.