Do you guys know what the website is hosted from?

JayR

Yeah i was just wanting to know what is the hoster of the website, thanks:)

If you mean the forum, that is classified information that only a few select people know and are not allowed to disclose.

As in these forums? That information is not being disclosed. There are a few people who know however I would appreciate it not being made public.

Oh, :/ http://woodycraft.net/  is the same forum or looks like it.

They use the same system, but I can say that they are not hosted by the same company.

Oh, :/ http://woodycraft.net/  is the same forum or looks like it.

just because they run the same fourm engine dosent mean same host anyone can run these fourm scrips

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

they use to self run the fourm from linus house and then ncix but they decided to go dedi

ps:

they do use cloudfare serveses and trafic gets routed threw them and their many servers but they are not a host company

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

If you're talking about software, we use IP Board 3.4.4 as does Woody's forums.

also thier domains is by godaddy/domains by prox ( a sub company of go daddy)

a basic whois lookup will tell you all this info

Technically CloudFlare hosts the site as a cached copy, so when the server is down the users see a cached view of the website however when the server is up CloudFlare is completely transparent.

Source: http://www.who.is/whois/Linustechtips.com

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

if you want to do the work of trying thier acount name witch each of ther certified partners for cloudflare im sure its one of them but its a big list http://www.cloudflare.com/hosting-partners

Why is it a secret? Why is it a bad thing if everyone knows where the server is hosted? Does it have to do with hackers?

@Windspeed36

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Why is it a secret? Why is it a bad thing if everyone knows where the server is hosted? Does it have to do with hackers?

@Windspeed36

For a variety of reasons that we will not discuss.

i asume it has to do with hackers yes and with people spamming the host site/ ddosing them. with them runnign cloudflare it is verry possable they might be self hosting at linus media hq as cloudflare would be taking a big cunk of the bandwith hit.

also cloudflare will not accept a takedown notice infact if you try to give them one they will give you the ip of the actual host for you to give the takedown notice to

Why do you need to know in the first place? ~_O

For a variety of reasons that we will not discuss.

Oh ok, I understand  :)

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

in theory you should be able to get the ip to find the host if you are fast enough as cloudflare changes ips and has multaple at once they are basicly a dnc manegmnet serviece hence you should beable to sniff the packets coming in with a packet sniffer find the actual ip and back track it ( i am not condoning this as this would be grey hat hacking)

in theory you should be able to get the ip to find the host if you are fast enough as cloudflare changes ips and has multaple at once they are basicly a dnc manegmnet serviece hence you should beable to sniff the packets coming in with a packet sniffer find the actual ip and back track it ( i am not condoning this as this would be grey hat hacking)

I'm a white hat  :) But I've learnt that you actually have to use your brain to get better results. While everyone is using the front door, you can enter through the back door un-noticed.

ture im a white/grey well more so white now but in highschool i did a lot of grey hat stuff

if you want to do the work of trying thier acount name witch each of ther certified partners for cloudflare im sure its one of them but its a big list http://www.cloudflare.com/hosting-partners

Their hosting provider is not on that list, so keep on searching ^.^

I'm talking about what is the forum engine