Are 4 titan x's worth it or should I do 3 or 2

IceWolfPuppies

Sure, get ya 4x Titan Xs, but have fun with the all the massive issues!  Scaling=crap, and say hello to mr micro-stuttger.  The only real difference is the ram, and you won't ever fully utilize the full ram with what you are doing with Titans anyways.  So, ya the 980tis are worth it the titan xs will just get everyone dying of laughter.

I was gonna get2

Also you do appreciate that when it comes to render machines your GPU won't be nearly as important as a beefy CPU? You sound like you want to setup a render farm with this much money but honestly you could get away with a decent Z97/Z170 rig and an X99 xeon machine for kicks. You're throwing a lot of money at a problem that doesn't need nearly as much gear as you seem to think...

Sure, get ya 4x Titan Xs, but have fun with the all the massive issues!  Scaling=crap, and say hello to mr micro-stuttger.  The only real difference is the ram, and you won't ever fully utilize the full ram with what you are doing with Titans anyways.  So, ya the 980tis are worth it the titan xs will just get everyone dying of laughter.

post-222431-0-36691500-1439842249.jpg

post-222431-0-36691500-1439842249.jpg

Imo no titan X is worth, the only quad GPU setups that scale decently are Fury/Fury X's, just get two 980ti's. Don't be one of those clueless noobs with more money than common sense.

Just completely useless. Almost NO application can accutually use 4 GPU's, let alone use the full power of 4 Titan X's. Your money is better spend on a better CPU.

Technology Entertainment Creativity

Technology Electricity Control

Technology Electronics Computers

you guys over think this whole thing. If you can ask the question if 4 titan x's are worth it then you can certainly not give a shit and just buy them. Buy them and tell everyone what you have so they can get wood. 

2 980Ti's can do that just fine

Even a single 980Ti/Titan X can do that

Have you not read the thread...? "I DO NOT WANT PEOPLE TO SUGGEST ME 980Ti's "

Just completely useless. Almost NO application can accutually use 4 GPU's, let alone use the full power of 4 Titan X's. Your money is better spend on a better CPU.

Really? What if he would be gaming on like 3 4K monitors?

3 max

Motherboard - Asus Z97-WS ll Processor -Intel i7-4790K ll Cooling- Custom Loop ll RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB(2x8) @2400 ll Graphics Card  - EVGA GeForce GTX 980 TI ll PSU - Corsair AX 1200 Watts ll SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB ll HDD - seagate barracuda green 2TB & Seagate 4TB ll Case - Silverstone TJ11 ll Audio - Asus Xonar Essence STX  ll OS- Win 10 PRO 64-bit ll Keyboard- CM Storm QuickfireTK Green Switchesll Mouse- Logitech G502

Really? What if he would be gaming on like 3 4K monitors?

Microstutters FTW.

Technology Entertainment Creativity

Technology Electricity Control

Technology Electronics Computers

With DX12 so much yes.

You've seen Ryan's video I guess  ;) 

Hopefully it will improve as much as the 390X in the video. Not because I want a Fury, but because I want some more competition for NVidia.

does not compute

Motherboard - Asus Z97-WS ll Processor -Intel i7-4790K ll Cooling- Custom Loop ll RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB(2x8) @2400 ll Graphics Card  - EVGA GeForce GTX 980 TI ll PSU - Corsair AX 1200 Watts ll SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB ll HDD - seagate barracuda green 2TB & Seagate 4TB ll Case - Silverstone TJ11 ll Audio - Asus Xonar Essence STX  ll OS- Win 10 PRO 64-bit ll Keyboard- CM Storm QuickfireTK Green Switchesll Mouse- Logitech G502

What drugs are you selling and where can I get in on it?

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

titans are pointless and a waste of money. even for rendering. a 980ti will do the job just as well. plus the scalling of 3 or more gpus is terrible and youll get epic micro stuttering. everyones telling you to get 980tis for a reason! 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Straight up, even though you don't want to hear about the 980ti it is the better card over all. With Nvidia at the moment its the GTX 970 or GTX 980ti. The 980 and Titan X are pointless.

980 pointless? It's 250 euro cheaper than the Ti.

You've seen Ryan's video I guess  ;) 

Hopefully it will improve as much as the 390X in the video. Not because I want a Fury, but because I want some more competition for NVidia.

I saw it and can't wait to rub it into my buddy's face who always had said his 970 is better then my 290X.

980 pointless? It's 250 euro cheaper than the Ti.

And the 970 is much cheaper than the 980 and there's little difference in performance.

Telling bad jokes since 1996

Intel i5 3470/ Asus P8B75-V / 8GB 1333mhz cheap ass Kingston Ram  / XFX R9 390 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB / Crucial MX 100 256GB / Antec EA650W / Samsung SyncMaster P2370 / Steelseries Apex [RAW] / Logitech G400s / NZXT Phantom White / Moto G 2015 8GB

And the 970 is much cheaper than the 980 and there's little difference in performance.

So a 970 does as well as a 980 at 1440P? little difference is 5-10% like a GTX 480 vs GTX 580.

My SuperSex PC! (buyng stage)  i5 6600K/ CM Hyper 212 EVO/ 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 generic/ ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming/ Samsung EVO 500GB M.2-2280 SSD/ Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7.2k RPM/ Gainward GTX 980 Ti Phoenix Golden Sample 6GB/ Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX/ Silverstone Strider 1KW ST-1000P/ DELL U2715h 1440p/ LOG G110/ LOG G302