Microsoft Lowers Surface Pro Price By $100

TGBSeth

Microsoft has implemented a $100 price cut for the Surface Pro in China, Canada, Taiwan, and the US until August 29. This price cut comes after a similar one for the Surface RT which resulted in $900 million in loses.

Read More: http://tgbuzz.com/tablets/microsoft-lowers-surface-pro-price-by-100/

Still not cheap enough for me to afford :P

Seriously though, that thing is still too expensive.

Still too expensive and still not as good--in my opinion-- as many of the other convertibles/tablets out there.

Indeed, We might end up with another HP TouchPad on our hands.

The reason why that tablet won't sell that well is because tablets like the Nexus 7 offer beastly specs, at such a competitive pricepoint, and for $900 or just a bit more, I'm pretty sure you can find a solid convertible laptop, like you said.

Unfortunately this promo will only last till the end of August. Now we have a hkd$800 price cut here in Hong Kong, but still no 256gb version =,=....

900 million in losses or 900 million in unclaimed profit.? because I'm leaning towards the unclaimed profit. 

Its like an 800 dollar tablet. That is ridiculous. I would never pay that much. This should have cost like 300-400 at most if they were thinking of selling a bunch of them. Also the commercials basically were advertising the keyboard cover which there pretty much is an accessory for every tablet out there.

900 million in losses or 900 million in unclaimed profit.? because I'm leaning towards the unclaimed profit. 

Technically $900 million lost from original projections, due to them having to adjust the inventory.

i got ahead of myself and read "for 100" 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Surface Pro was bound to be a failure. As with many things Microsoft works on lately, it had a great premise - but the end product was deeply flawed and suffered from an identity crisis.

Bad battery life, unremarkable power, very expensive and rubbish to use. There's a reason Apple's iPad doesn't run a direct port of OSX, and the Modern UI does not alleviate the fact that everything which differentiates the Surface Pro from the Surface RT is nearly 100% reliant on the desktop view.

Perhaps Surface Pro 2 will be better. If there ever will be a Surface Pro 2...

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Surface Pro was bound to be a failure. As with many things Microsoft works on lately, it had a great premise - but the end product was deeply flawed and suffered from an identity crisis.

Bad battery life, unremarkable power, very expensive and rubbish to use. There's a reason Apple's iPad doesn't run a direct port of OSX, and the Modern UI does not alleviate the fact that everything which differentiates the Surface Pro from the Surface RT is nearly 100% reliant on the desktop view.

Perhaps Surface Pro 2 will be better. If there ever will be a Surface Pro 2...

It's almost as though they need to have a comeback with a Surface 2 but it just sounds like a horrible idea and I definitely think Microsoft needs to stay out of the hardware game.

It's almost as though they need to have a comeback with a Surface 2 but it just sounds like a horrible idea and I definitely think Microsoft needs to stay out of the hardware game.

Indeed.

They could make it work, but I doubt they will. They're too obsessed with this insane idea of the "One Ring- er, OS to rule them all" that it's negatively impacting upon their products. To expect a single UI to translate well across a plethora of devices with significantly varied screen sizes and usage scenarios is absurd, let alone expecting it to work equally well with a touchscreen, keyboard and mouse and even a game controller.

Ask Microsoft to fill a square hole, circular hole and triangular hole and they'll try to make a hexagon fit into all of them.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff