UpDesks in the New LMG office.

JSG509

I'm sure most of you know they went all out as far as desks go.  At about 1k per (I know they did not spend that much sense they purchased in bulk) would you spend that much on a desk if your Computer was already squared away and you had all the Monitors you needed? If you dont have the money lets assume you did and money was not an issue.  

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk! 

If money was not an issue? No, still not.

It would still be a waste IMO.

If money was not a waste I would have a separate standing and sitting desk.

I voted for them all

edgy.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

NO. I build my own desk for roughly 100$

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Well I mean they get kick ass everything but be ware, If you dare leave something in the sink it will be thrown out. If you haven't watched Linuses Instagram do so now. I think the mug belonged to his Wife so what he didnt tell us was he had to sleep on the couch with the cats!

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk! 

If I had the extra cash, sure, but I don't see myself having an extra $1k anytime soon, would be nice for when I pull my low recliner up to my desk, lower that bad boy and still be able to type and whatnot!

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

They probably didn't even pay for them. I may be wrong, don't quote me.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

For sure I would (assuming I had nothing better to dispose of the money on). Ergonomics is love, ergonomics is life.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

They probably didn't even pay for them. I may be wrong, don't quote me.

Good point, but I'm sure Updesk them selfs would not of done such a thing or we would be seeing some type of adds in the videos or coupon codes/ affiliate links.  Maybe some other organization donated the desk but Im almost for sure they purchased them out right.  Who knows maybe a few weeks we might just start seeing mention of it by Linus. 

For home use, no

Maybe if I ran a business that was doing well, and my employees didn't have particularly good desks I might

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Good point, but I'm sure Updesk them selfs would not of done such a thing or we would be seeing some type of adds in the videos or coupon codes/ affiliate links.  Maybe some other organization donated the desk but Im almost for sure they purchased them out right.  Who knows maybe a few weeks we might just start seeing mention of it by Linus. 

Some companies don't give promotional codes or anything like that. They think just letting people see the UpDesk logo is enough advertisement.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  

Some companies don't give promotional codes or anything like that. They think just letting people see the UpDesk logo is enough advertisement.

Your right, this is making me want to buy one but IDK might wait and see if a discount code gets thrown our way. 

Your right, this is making me want to buy one but IDK might wait and see if a discount code gets thrown our way. 

See what I mean? It's happening you! You're just one of hundreds of thousand of people who watched/will watch the video, hundreds more might do the same as you ;)

My rig: 

I'm sure most of you know they went all out as far as desks go.  At about 1k per (I know they did not spend that much sense they purchased in bulk) would you spend that much on a desk if your Computer was already squared away and you had all the Monitors you needed? If you dont have the money lets assume you did and money was not an issue.  

it does depend on the use and i think it makes sense for them to get them

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

I don't know if I could really work at a computer while standing up. It doesn't seem comfortable. I'd rather get a good ergonomic chair and make sure to get up every so often.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

I would rather pay €500 for proper three-monitor arm. And better, modular desk. I already have €700 chair so no point getting table for standing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Even if I had $1k to just throw out I'd rather donate that to someone in need.

I would be really happy with an ikea table. That's all I'd ever need. It would be nice to have an UpDesk though.

I just checked their website. THEY ARE TOTALLY INSANE! Those prices are for corporations! It's only a piece of wood, a motor and a frame. It is NOT worth the price. I'd look for alternatives.

Being a student, no. In the future, maybe i would buy one. I always wanted a height adjustable table. Does anyone know if they ship to europe or an european alternative?

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

The video got you starting this topic, so it advertises itself like this.

I like the concept of the updesk, and have plans on buying a $350 version that uses a hand crank, but fuck no. wouldn't spend $1k on a desk. ever.

The video got you starting this topic, so it advertises itself like this.

Actually it was Brandons twitter but almost the same thing.  Also 1k monitors x2 per person I cant even!