HTC stock value below its cash holdings rendering them "worthless"

MrStraightface

HTC was doomed long ago from what I read. The One kept them on life support. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Keep in mind analysts being right is a blue moon occurrence.

HTC is going down tho

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I have the M7 too.  solid, but I have had some battery issues

HTC always had shitty battery life. What made things worse is that they brought sealed in batteries to the Android scene when they released their ONE X phone.

That and the Desire HD ICS drama broke their neck. The sub-par cameras were nothing but the final nail. I'm still using my almost 5 year old Desire HD (with a custom rom) but don't feel sorry for them anymore.

Also, I still feel that their front facing speakers make the phones (especially the M8 and M9) look ugly as hell.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

2 whole pages and not one person has mentioned the HTC Vive which will be released in the coming months. 

First to market virtual reality headset, with the ability to walk around in VR. Many people who have tried it and the Oculus say that HTC's setup is much more convincing. 

HTC isn't going anywhere. They have to make some changes, but I'm pretty sure the company will be transitioning to virtual reality as it's bread and butter over the coming years. VR, even if you aren't convinced yet, is going to be a MASSIVE market, and being first to retail is going to go a long way for HTC. 

Unless they do something like how they came back with the M7, they're going to be done for.

yep they need another m7

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

2 whole pages and not one person has mentioned the HTC Vive which will be released in the coming months. 

First to market virtual reality headset, with the ability to walk around in VR. Many people who have tried it and the Oculus say that HTC's setup is much more convincing. 

HTC isn't going anywhere. They have to make some changes, but I'm pretty sure the company will be transitioning to virtual reality as it's bread and butter over the coming years. VR, even if you aren't convinced yet, is going to be a MASSIVE market, and being first to retail is going to go a long way for HTC. 

While the Vive is really interesting and promising for VR - VR is still incredibly niche. Not very many people are going to go out and buy one.

Although, it might be enough to save them as a company, depending on price per unit, and profit per sale.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

While the Vive is really interesting and promising for VR - VR is still incredibly niche. Not very many people are going to go out and buy one.

Although, it might be enough to save them as a company, depending on price per unit, and profit per sale.

And even if the Vive is a good product, its faith will be completely in the hands of the developers to support it.

If developers choose to go put all their efforts into support the Oculus Rift and then don't bother with the Vive, then there is nothing HTC and Valve can do about it.

still worth more than AMD

AMD has a much greater chance to survive, they aren't facing market saturation. Infact they are in duopolys in GPUs and CPUs.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

My M8 has been amazing.  I'll miss them, but I guess it just means to hop on the LG or One-Plus train.

Or Motorolla, considering their 2015 lineup.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

• 2 weeks later...

And even if the Vive is a good product, its faith will be completely in the hands of the developers to support it.

If developers choose to go put all their efforts into support the Oculus Rift and then don't bother with the Vive, then there is nothing HTC and Valve can do about it.

Oculus is a an open platform. 

Developers only have to support VR, to support all headsets. 

each one has it's own features, but the core VR rendering technology is universal accross the board. Also, lighthouse is being offered to other headset makers, and FOVE has already vowed to make use of it. 

VR is niche, but not nearly as much as many people think. Once it's available to try (and Oculus and HTC have both said it will be demoed in stores) poeple will jump in.

It's only going to take a year before there's major traction in VR, i'm certain of it. (i've been playing with both Rifts for a while now). 

Oculus is a an open platform. 

Developers only have to support VR, to support all headsets. 

each one has it's own features, but the core VR rendering technology is universal accross the board. Also, lighthouse is being offered to other headset makers, and FOVE has already vowed to make use of it. 

VR is niche, but not nearly as much as many people think. Once it's available to try (and Oculus and HTC have both said it will be demoed in stores) poeple will jump in.

It's only going to take a year before there's major traction in VR, i'm certain of it. (i've been playing with both Rifts for a while now). 

So what you are saying is that if you develop the game using the Oculus PC SDK, you won't have to do any changes and it will still run on Vive as intended?

I find that hard to believe but if it's true then that's great.

...and it crashed. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I quite liked my HTC One X. 

You know, the One before the M7. 

Tegra let it down though. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I've had five HTC phones and I'm 14 idk how I'm gonna buy a Samsung when they're gone I always loved HTCs. Currently got the M8

I've had five HTC phones and I'm 14 idk how I'm gonna buy a Samsung when they're gone I always loved HTCs. Currently got the M8

Holy crap, how have you had five HTC phones by 14? Were some of them "Feature Phones"?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Holy crap, how have you had five HTC phones by 14? Were some of them "Feature Phones"?

HTC wildlife,HTC incredible S, HTC Desire x, HTC one x, HTC one m8. Besides from a blackberry I used for a few weeks when my phone broke a couple of years ago I stuck to HTC

HTC wildlife,HTC incredible S, HTC Desire x, HTC one x, HTC one m8. Besides from a blackberry I used for a few weeks when my phone broke a couple of years ago I stuck to HTC

Damn - when did you first get a smartphone? The Wildfire (I assume you made a typo, since HTC Wildlife has no search results - unless it's a European model only) came out in 2010 - you would have been 9 years old.

You've seriously went through 5 smartphones? Are your parents buying them for you, or are you saving up and buying them yourself?

Damn - when did you first get a smartphone? The Wildfire (I assume you made a typo, since HTC Wildlife has no search results - unless it's a European model only) came out in 2010 - you would have been 9 years old.

You've seriously went through 5 smartphones? Are your parents buying them for you, or are you saving up and buying them yourself?

my phone has auto correct. That was my first smartphone but then my friend got a wildfire S so I had to one up him. I got my iPad 1 Christmas that year as well.

I saved up for my incredible S and one X mid contract, I got my one m8 Christmas this year wish I just waited for the one M9.

oh and usually it's because they broke, I replaced my wildfire because my friend got a wildfire S. The incredible S had something was wrong with the signal. I kept it until my contract for the wildlife ran out and got a desire x that came with beats solo's but the screen cracked after a like a few months do I bought a one x on the wrong network that couldn't be unlocked for shot but I kept it because I think it was the most powerful phone at the time until my contract out for my desire x at Christmas 2014.

I cracked my brand new m8 with in a few months and still haven't got round to fixing it

oh and usually it's because they broke, I replaced my wildfire because my friend got a wildfire S. The incredible S had something was wrong with the signal. I kept it until my contract for the wildlife ran out and got a desire x that came with beats solo's but the screen cracked after a like a few months do I bought a one x on the wrong network that couldn't be unlocked for shot but I kept it because I think it was the most powerful phone at the time until my contract out for my desire x at Christmas 2014.

I cracked my brand new m8 with in a few months and still haven't got round to fixing it

You should be more careful with your phones :P

You should be more careful with your phones :P

it's not intentional someone else knocked it out my hands with there arm by accident.

WoW , another Desire HD warrior :D mine is still going strong too , had a battery change but other than that hasn't budged.

Yeah, I have 5.1.1 on mine and I'm still not sure what to upgrade to.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

So what you are saying is that if you develop the game using the Oculus PC SDK, you won't have to do any changes and it will still run on Vive as intended?

I find that hard to believe but if it's true then that's great.

There's bound to be specific needs for each headset, but it should be easier that most expect to make it work with both.