Give me your best tip about overclocking!

I'm no overclocker, but I know if your temperature is in the triple digits (Celcius): you're going too far.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Take your time. Change one setting at a time. Never shotgun-troubleshoot or you'll never figure out what the real problem is.

Always test, test and test again.

When in doubt back off or stay put. No need to break something expensive by getting overzealous.

And sometimes too little voltage can be just as bad as too much.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Always add more voltage

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I'm no overclocker, but I know if your temperature is in the triple digits: you're going too far.

not if its -   ... were talking bout oc so... LN2 FTW LOL

2.5v instakill chip kgo 20ghz 

(◑‿◐)

Ayy lmao let's all learn from eachother

You won't know that your system is going fail unless it actually happens. We all learn this the hard way.....

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

My last 4800MQ could overclock while I reduced voltage

Add more voltage anyways, more voltage fixes everything

Add more voltage anyways, more voltage fixes everything

Everything has a limit... like voltage...

if it stops working after you added voltage, you probably put in too much voltage and probably killed the chip...

If you dont smell smoke, theres still overclock headroom

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Everything has a limit... like voltage...

if it stops working after you added voltage, you probably put in too much voltage and probably killed the chip...

but.......more voltage...

But what if LESS voltage fixes it =O!

*dun dun dun*

The funny thing is that less voltage does fix it. I have my 4810mq at -50 on the voltage offset and it's still able to run stable and boost up to 3.5 ghz on all four cores. Ran prime95 on it and it was still stable

The funny thing is that less voltage does fix it. I have my 4810mq at -50 on the voltage offset and it's still able to run stable and boost up to 3.5 ghz on all four cores. Ran prime95 on it and it was still stable

You should be boosting to 3.6GHz on a 4810MQ. Try upping your current limit if you're only hitting 3.5GHz in stress tests.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

You should be boosting to 3.6GHz on a 4810MQ. Try upping your current limit if you're only hitting 3.5GHz in stress tests.

I should've noted that I turned down my multiplier to 3.5. I was having some high temps with 3.6 for prolonged periods even with replacing the thermal paste. Rather sacrifice the 100mhz for some cooler temps and lower fan speed.

I should've noted that I turned down my multiplier to 3.5. I was having some high temps with 3.6 for prolonged periods even with replacing the thermal paste. Rather sacrifice the 100mhz for some cooler temps and lower fan speed.

Makes sense. I just used CLU on it. My room is super hot so I hit high temps when I OC (I also need to add voltage to OC T_T my chip sucks T_T) but if I had my old chip I'd be undervolted and OC'd all the time.

What laptop do you have?

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

If it's a graphics card, I just throw absurd clock speeds at it 'til it's unstable, and then increase the voltage as far as I know it's safe. Then I increase the clock speed more if I can.

If it's a CPU overclock, I throw my arms in the air and announce to myself, "I have no idea what I'm doing!!" Then I make it work somehow, and after that, even if it's stable in an XTU stress test for 12 hours, it still crashes in BF4 with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. And finally, I just go insane because I have no idea what I'm doing still.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Makes sense. I just used CLU on it. My room is super hot so I hit high temps when I OC (I also need to add voltage to OC T_T my chip sucks T_T) but if I had my old chip I'd be undervolted and OC'd all the time.

What laptop do you have?

Sager Np8268-S. I had it overclocked at 4.0 on all four cores but I was getting temps upwards of 88 C. I only keep the overclock on when I'm benchmarking, all other times it's undervolted and slightly underclocked for better battery life and just all around quietness

Sager Np8268-S. I had it overclocked at 4.0 on all four cores but I was getting temps upwards of 88 C. I only keep the overclock on when I'm benchmarking, all other times it's undervolted and slightly underclocked for better battery life and just all around quietness

P150SM-A then, okay. If you had 88c during most gaming loads I'd understand your hate of it, though those temps are still safe. I'd suggest getting the P170SM-A CPU heatsink, lapping it, then using liquid ultra on the CPU and you should be fine from then on, even OC'd, especially using max fans.