​FBI: Retweeting terrorist organizations could get you arrested

Arty

3 months ago I got a call from the Australian Federal Police for posting ISIS memes on Instagram

I would like you to evidence your claim...

Any can say anything on the Internet...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I keep retweeting the FBI's tweets. Shit.

/s

I was about to say, don't be retweeting the FBI/CIA than!

I wasn't going to add a /s though.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

WTF!!!!!

yep it was pretty scary

Well it happened. I can't prove it but I can tell you the chain of events that occurred that day.

-got a call from someone saying that they were from the AFP and said I was under an ongoing investigation to do with terrorism

-makes sense because the phone number they called is tied to the Instagram account

-asked if I was the owner of said Instagram account which I posted the memes on

-I said yes

-asked a few questions about who I was and what I did

-they haven't called back since

Don't believe him then.

yep it was pretty scary

Well it happened. I can't prove it but I can tell you the chain of events that occurred that day.

-got a call from someone saying that they were from the AFP and said I was under an ongoing investigation to do with terrorism

-makes sense because the phone number they called is tied to the Instagram account

-asked if I was the owner of said Instagram account which I posted the memes on

-I said yes

-asked a few questions about who I was and what I did

-they haven't called back since

I can't imagine how scary that was.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Don't believe him then.

I can't imagine how scary that was.

Yeah I legit thought a police tactical team was going to raid my house

So, if you support an opinion (be it bad or good) that doesn't fit the US government, then they will try and arrest you. That's great to know.

If you are retarded enough to support terrorist (that's goal is the downfall of America and the death of all its people) AND put it on social media for the world to see, then you are a dumb ass.  It shouldn't take a news agency to tell you supporting terrorism in public is bad in America.  It should already be known.

So, if you support an opinion (be it bad or good) that doesn't fit the US government, then they will try and arrest you. That's great to know.

Welcome to the USSR circa 2015

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If you are retarded enough to support terrorist (that's goal is the downfall of America and the death of all its people) AND put it on social media for the world to see, then you are a dumb ass.  It shouldn't take a news agency to tell you supporting terrorism in public is bad in America.  It should already be known.

So if I was to retweet something a terrorist said and caption it with "this guy is a fuckwit, I hope his ass gets airstriked by a barrage of Hellfire missiles" that automatically means I'm on a terror watch list and there is a chance that a SWAT team raids my house, right?

So if I was to retweet something a terrorist said and caption it with "this guy is a fuckwit, I hope his ass gets airstriked by a barrage of Hellfire missiles" that automatically means I'm on a terror watch list and there is a chance that a SWAT team raids my house, right?

Well duh, you had an opinion. We can't be having none of that ' round here.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

Well duh, you had an opinion. We can't be having none of that ' round here.

You had an opinion that wasn't formed by our fake "news"?! AIRSTRIKE INBOUND.

How do we/they know that those tweet are being tweet by a terrorist?

And that's the problem with this entire spying on everyone thing. Assumed guilt, and guilt by association.

It's more supporting terrorism than an opinion. If you look at how terrorists are trying to utilize social media as means to recruit and gain resources, it's a good counter measure to try stop that. If you're trying to help ISIS, you shouldn't be in the United States to begin with.

/logic

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

I think the headline is a bit sensationalist.

The person they prosecuted retweeted a way to send them money/resources. I can see that being illegal. I don't think tweeting about a terrorist organization alone will get you arrested.

Put on a watch list, absolutely. That should honestly come as no surprise though.

A sensationalist title on LTT? That's unheard of!

It's more supporting terrorism than an opinion. If you look at how terrorists are trying to utilize social media as means to recruit and gain resources, it's a good counter measure to try stop that. If you're trying to help ISIS, you shouldn't be in the United States to begin with.

/logic

Right "Terrorism". Call me tinfoiled but where will the FBI end? If I retweet Snowden, have several talks with him on twitter and the US government knows this (they would!). Then I'll probably get arrested in the US or probably denied a visa.

Right "Terrorism". Call me tinfoiled but where will the FBI end? If I retweet Snowden, have several talks with him on twitter and the US government knows this (they would!). Then I'll probably get arrested in the US or probably denied a visa.

True, 

Snowden isn't a terrorist though. 

[/spoiier]

I'm pretty sure America isn't the only one monitoring ISIS right now and who they interact with. It's also its right to deny you access to the country if it views you as hostile or a threat. ISIS are terrorist or are you actually denying that? Using an example of someone who isn't a terrorist isn't very logical.

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

I'm pretty sure America isn't the only one monitoring ISIS right now and who they interact with. It's also its right to deny you access to the country if it views you as hostile or a threat. ISIS are terrorist or are you actually denying that? Using an example of someone who isn't a terrorist isn't very logical.

This is not about just terrorism. Right now they're just monitoring ISIS, but what about subjects not related to ISIS? What I'm questioning is not their motive, but to what extent they monitor everything else. Where will they stop?

Let's arrest the people RTing to spread awareness this is operating freely on Twitter vs the actual terrorists..makes perfect sense.

Let's arrest the people RTing to spread awareness this is operating freely on Twitter vs the actual terrorists..makes perfect sense.

FBI can only arrest people that live in America... So yes, it does make perfect sense.

This is not about just terrorism. Right now they're just monitoring ISIS, but what about subjects not related to ISIS? What I'm questioning is not their motive, but to what extent they monitor everything else. Where will they stop?

Social media is open to the public. So if you have an issue of being monitored in public, than don't do it in public. You lose any right to privacy no matter what country you are when you go out in public.

FBI can only arrest people that live in America... So yes, it does make perfect sense.

won't stop america from getting rid of you if you live else where.

#OnlyInMurica

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU