LinusMediaGroup internet speeds?

babadoctor
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

What people seem to forget is the service associated with business & enterprise grade connections. I've got FTTP but my internet goes out, cool, what happens? I wait up to a week, maybe more for the ISP to get it fixed and that's if they can find an issue with it. Business and enterprise grade connections come with SLA's; guarantee's to meet a certain product being supplied. Your internet fails on an SLA'd connection? The response time for most of the customers I've seen is between 15 to 60 minutes for acknowledgement and about 4-8 hours for service to either get back to normal or have a time as to when that'll happen.

Can you guys guess how much linus pays for his internet? I was wondering what your guesses might be, because over here in california i have this: http://www.speedtest.net/result/4569349402.png

Also what do you guys pay for internet? In all seriousness i wanted to ask someone with google fiber how it is to have 1gbps

Also what is linus's internet speed :P

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

wow i pay for 100 maps and get like 10 mbps.

Something over $1000

I pay 9.95 eur for 100 mbit both ways.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

$50/mo for 3 down/.7 up.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

He is on the telus network, if you can't find an option with 200/200 he probably has a special business thing.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

There was a big talk about this last week. Bottom line is he pays a lot more than any residential customer would (~$1500) because he's paying for reliability and guaranteed priority regardless of node traffic.

HAF 912  •  i5-2500k  •  16GB DDR3  •  980Ti  •  2x 480GB Intel 730  •  3x Dell U2715H 

There was a big talk about this last week. Bottom line is he pays a lot more than any residential customer would (~$1500) because he's paying for reliability and guaranteed priority regardless of node traffic.

Even during the last half of the wan show this past Friday when all the mods disappeared and complete radio silence happened? If I were him I would ask for a rate discount on that day, could be an easy $50 credit phone call.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Even during the last half of the wan show this past Friday when all the mods disappeared and complete radio silence happened? If I were him I would ask for a rate discount on that day, could be an easy $50 credit phone call.

The ISP went down completely during the show. Business customers will get priority when the networking is actually running...

HAF 912  •  i5-2500k  •  16GB DDR3  •  980Ti  •  2x 480GB Intel 730  •  3x Dell U2715H 

Your upload speed is low for the download speed.

Costs more to have a balance internet usually, not to mention static IP which is often needed in a business environment (although I am not sure if Linus needs that).

Probably 10gbps for $450/month.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Probably 10gbps for $450/month.

there speed is 250 up and down

Oh wow. That low?

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 

I think they'll be able to. I've seen one topic on the WAN show before about a prominent ISP in Canada going to introduce gigabit internet some time this year.

I think they'll be able to. I've seen one topic on the WAN show before about a prominent ISP Canada going to introduce gigabit internet some time this year.

"some time"

they needed internet asap obs reasons :)

20-30kbps down and 10-15kbps up..... #slownet (also i live out in the country so i cant get faster internet,....)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

20-30kbps down and 10-15kbps up..... #slownet (also i live out in the country so i cant get faster internet,....)

Satellite internet? 

He is on the telus network, if you can't find an option with 200/200 he probably has a special business thing.

I thought that he mentioned in one of the recent videos that he was with iTel,  though their backend may be from Telus.  Looking at iTels site, they are not cheap!

Satellite internet? 

nope.... too darn expensive!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Can you guys guess how much linus pays for his internet? I was wondering what your guesses might be, because over here in california i have this: http://www.speedtest.net/result/4569349402.png

Also what do you guys pay for internet? In all seriousness i wanted to ask someone with google fiber how it is to have 1gbps

Also what is linus's internet speed :P

i get gigabit internet (hong kong is the best) for about 200usd, but really, once you get past the 200mbps mark, you can't really tell the difference because most servers don't let you download that fast (usa servers mainly)

30mbs down, 5mbs up. Paying 200 cad, due to 250gb data cap.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

30mbs down, 5mbs up. Paying 200 cad, due to 250gb data cap.

actual data cap or fake data cap?