If you were to choose to get a new phone, what would you get?

evilarceus

If you saved up enough money to get a new phone or finally had the chance to upgrade, which phone would you get? Mine would definitely be the OnePlus Two (once it comes out)

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

I'm actually really interested in the 3rd gen Moto G since it adds the two things that were missing for me from the 2nd gen (LTE and waterproofing) making it pretty much the perfect phone for me as I don't need anything hugely powerful.

Buuutt I just find it can't justify the money I'd have to put towards it to upgrade from my HTC M7. Mine would sell for about $100 and I'd have to put another $100 on top as the Moto G3 costs $200 in Canada (for the 8GB model mind you, the 16GB doesn't seem to be available). Not to mention the performance and build quality downgrade. Not worth double the price just for waterproofing.

As for other options of <$450 or so: No stereo speakers on the OP2 ruins it for me, same with the ZTE Axon Pro, Alcatel Idol 3 is overpriced in CAD, and fuck the Zenfone 2.

"Rawr XD"

zenfone 2 because x86 64 with upcoming unlocked bootloader support

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

I second the Zenfone 2. I'm saving up for one.

Just decommissioned my Nexus 5 after almost two years of loyal service. It was starting to misbehave more than normal so I'm using a Galaxy S4 I got from work and I'm definitely not enjoying it.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Just decommissioned my Nexus 5 after almost two years of loyal service. It was starting to misbehave more than normal so I'm using a Galaxy S4 I got from work and I'm definitely not enjoying it.

Install a custom ROM on the S4 then. Don't buy a Zenfone 2 until Asus releases decent software from it that isn't bloated, poorly optimized, and battery draining.

"Rawr XD"

I actually have the phone I would want. Xperia Z3.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Install a custom ROM on the S4 then. Don't buy a Zenfone 2 until Asus releases decent software from it that isn't bloated, poorly optimized, and battery draining.

I would but they'll expect it back at some point, company phone.

And thanks for the info about the Zenfone, I'm not getting it anytime soon but I'll keep up on it.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

If I didnt own an iPhone already and I was saving for a new one, Id probably still get the iPhone :P

To me, iOS feels smoother than any Android OS, but its really all personal preference.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I would but they'll expect it back at some point, company phone.

Just restore it to stock before you give it back

"Rawr XD"

an iphone. either im just really inexperienced with android, or im having bad luck, but when i use it it goes slow on me lol. iphone is much more simple and smooth

If you saved up enough money to get a new phone or finally had the chance to upgrade, which phone would you get? Mine would definitely be the OnePlus Two (once it comes out)

I'm a oneplus One user and a massive OnePlus advocate, but the Oneplus 2 is a disaster in my mind. Hoping their Christmas release phone fairs better than the 2.

Personally, I'd go with the Moto X 2015 Pure/Style. It's $20 more expensive than the Oneplus 2 and is what, in my mind, Oneplus should've done.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Moto G 3rd gen. Good specs, good build quality, aesthetic customizability(Even name engraving! for $5), and super cheap :)

Edit: My second choice would be Xperia Z Ultra, but most people don't like the size.

LG G4

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

zenfone 2 because x86 64 with upcoming unlocked bootloader support

So what is up with the Zenfone 2?

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

If I didnt own an iPhone already and I was saving for a new one, Id probably still get the iPhone :P

To me, iOS feels smoother than any Android OS, but its really all personal preference.

agreed! Not sure I'd even consider an Android with 'stagefright' going around!

Nexus 5 2015. I love my current N5, but its on its last legs.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

I'd probably get the note5 or s6 edge + when they'll be released(if I had the money :D)

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb