Does the G3258 come with a cooler?

Hi i am trying to build my first computer as I want to try to and was wondering if the g3258 comes with a stock cooler and thermal pace so i do not have to buy a cooler.

Yes, it comes with a stock cooler with pre-applied thermal paste.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yep

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

What a coincidence, I happen to have a boxed one on my desk for my brother's new build, wait a second...

*went checking*

Yep, it comes with a cooler, or as it is specified on the box a "thermal solution".

Yes, it comes with a cooler. By the way, don't look at my signature.

welcome to the forum! it should.

What a coincidence, I happen to have a boxed one on my desk for my brother's new build, wait a second...

*went checking*

Yep, it comes with a cooler, or as it is specified on the box a "thermal solution".

While your there @Oberon.Smite and I want to know if their was a cookie. (anything with raisins doesn't count)

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Legendary

cooler.jpg

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Yes, though you won't really be able to overclock on it.

I overclocked fine to 4.4 GHz on it in the middle of a hot Texas summer last year.

Yes, though you won't really be able to overclock on it.

Yes you will. This is not a power-hungry quad core.

While your there @Oberon.Smite and I want to know if their was a cookie. (anything with raisins doesn't count)

Nope, but there was something indeed something... peculiar... f7DBRzgl.jpg

Yes ALMOST all cpus come with coolers BUT the coolers that normally come with them aren't really the best to oc with

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

Nope, but there was something indeed something... peculiar... f7DBRzgl.jpg

My only regret is that i have but one like to give.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.