Which graphic card would be the best for me?

The_Harv
I'm building my first pc and I'm stuck on the graphic card and I can't decide which one would be the best.

Here are the 2 cards: 

Right now I have a 720p T.V as a monitor, if I get one of the cards, I will be buying a 1080p or a 1440p gaming monitor.

I would like to get ultra/max settings for all the games I play which include

-spintires

-BeamNG.drive 

- Black ops 2

-Black ops 3 (when it comes out)

-Battle field 4

-Need for Speed: Most Wanted

You shouldn't buy a z97 motherboard for a 4460. Get an h97 or b85.

As for the gpu, the answer is neither. Either get this r9 290, which is priced as it should be, or get an r9 390.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The 970, because that price on sale is very good.

I also recommend getting a 144hz monitor, you could get the Acer XB270HU second hand/reburbished from shops for like 500$

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I'm building my first pc and I'm stuck on the graphic card and I can't decide which one would be the best.

Here are the 2 cards: 

Right now I have a 720p T.V as a monitor, if I get one of the cards, I will be buying a 1080p or a 1440p gaming monitor.

-spintires

-BeamNG.drive 

- Black ops 2

-Battle field 4

I'd go with the 970. 

And also, you don't need a Z97 motherboard for an i5-4460 unless you plan on upgrading to a k series CPU later down the road. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

The 970 can be overclocked quite far on most coolers, so personally I would go for that.

Out of the box, they arent very different performance wise (both very fast).

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

I'd go with the 970. 

And also, you don't need a Z97 motherboard for an i5-4460 unless you plan on upgrading to a k series CPU later down the road. 

Yeah, down the road I will probably upgrade to the i5- 4690k or maybe even an i7 just so I can brag I have a i7 in my computer. Since this is my first computer, my first priority is just to get it running, that is why I chose the i5-4460 instead of the i5 4690k

Here are the 2 cards: 

-spintires

-BeamNG.drive 

- Black ops 2

-Battle field 4

I recommend you getting an hdd drive as 120 gb of ssd storage is not enough.

I recommend you getting an hdd drive as 120 gb of ssd storage is not enough.

Oh I'm so sorry, I forgot to put that I will be using a 1TB hard drive from my current computer.  Would you recommend getting a WD 500 GB black hard drive to put all my games on? The SSD is going to be used for Windows 10 

Oh I'm so sorry, I forgot to put that I will be using a 1TB hard drive from my current computer.  Would you recommend getting a WD 500 GB black hard drive to put all my games on? The SSD is going to be used for Windows 10 

Get another 120 or 240 gb ssd to put your games on, increases loading times drastically

Get another 120 or 240 gb ssd to put your games on, increases loading times drastically

Okay thanks

BF4 with everything on Ultra with a 1440p monitor will need a 980 at the least. I would suggest getting a good 1080p monitor over a 1440p monitor unless you have the hardware to run it optimally. A 970 or 390 would be an equal comparison, but a 290 doesn't quite compare to a 970. I would suggest the 970 over the 290, but a 390 over both.

Get a 120gb ssd for os. Another ssd for more games you play and get a regular hdd for mass storage.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero