Mafia 3 Officially Announced. [Update - Trailer Released]

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

I was never in games like GTA or Sleeping Dogs, so considering that, should I check this?

Mafia is more story driven. Free roam is not the main thing.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Sort of disappointed the moment I've noticed a black girl in the reveal image. Looks like political correctness is creeping up the in no way politically aligning mafia world...

Trailer looks nice, but not really Mafia-esque. This might have also worked as some completely new IP. Am still excited about the game, hoping it will be better than 2 which wasn't really great imo. We'll probably never get a Mafia as good as the original, but here's hoping. 

Set in 1970 - i mean come on, it's basically GTA vice city man...
Looks like GTA
a Mafia game not about Italian mafia ?
Mob mentally?
i mean even LA noire was in 1940's , this just is too much modern,.... just think of all the movies that came in the 70-80's...
not so much of a time period is it 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Set in 1970 - i mean come on, it's basically GTA vice city man...

Looks like GTA

a Mafia game not about Italian mafia ?

Mob mentally?

i mean even LA noire was in 1940's , this just is too much modern,.... just think of all the movies that came in the 70-80's...

not so much of a time period is it 

The setting is fine, but the characters? Like, no no no no no no no! A Mafia game with the characters against italian Mafia? And with a protagonist whom cannot be a made man anyway? Gonna buy it if I find it at 15-20€ if it is what it looks like now!

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

Why are the comments so negative?

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Never mind I watched the gameplay and I understand why now...

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Damn... I haven't played any of the Mafia games so I don't have anything to complain about, but yeah it definitely looks like another version of GTA to me.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

The driving looks a bit GTA, rather than aiming for realism which I'm not keen on, though I guess it is unfinished. The characters, it does seem a little odd the main protagonist isn't Italian American, but obviously we don't know the story, there maybe more than one playable character. 

Mafia 1 and 2 had different characters. Mafia newer followed stories up. How can you even expect the same characters.

Every Mafia game spanned decades. Continuing stories just doesn't work. This is going to be another city most likely.

Dude... the end of Mafia 2 was a open cliffhanger...

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Dude... the end of Mafia 2 was a open cliffhanger...

not really, it was a perfect ending. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Sort of disappointed the moment I've noticed a black girl in the reveal image. Looks like political correctness is creeping up the in no way politically aligning mafia world...

It's not really political correctness. It's just a function of the game setting. It makes sense... They are no longer going for the old-school European city with Italian mafia. It's a more modern setting in the USA this time. The challenge will be in making it as atmospheric and cool as the previous games.

It's not really political correctness. It's just a function of the game setting. It makes sense... They are no longer going for the old-school European city with Italian mafia. It's a more modern setting in the USA this time. The challenge will be in making it as atmospheric and as the previous games.

You never played any Mafia game did you? Which mafia game was in a European City?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

You never played any Mafia game did you? Which mafia game was in a European City?

My mistake.

Anyway played both and loved them, some of my favorite games ever.

it seems like this one isn't about Italian mobsters. More about US gangs...

It's not really political correctness. It's just a function of the game setting. It makes sense... They are no longer going for the old-school European city with Italian mafia. It's a more modern setting in the USA this time. The challenge will be in making it as atmospheric and cool as the previous games.

Ignoring the non-European goof, mafia was always about climbing into the white elite. From stereotypical, racist 20s to post-war with the society gap. Mafia III made a similar time jump (30-ish years), but they fucked with the formula way too far.

This looks like a GTA clone from the 1st shot. A white rich guy, a Trevor style chaotic character, a black guy to fill the "racial correctness" box, and after the Ubisoft rape they've thrown in a woman to fill in the "not-sexist" box, and made her black to get additional "brownie points" (pun intended).

Lastly, Mafias radiate some level of class. This here, as @Humbug said is a gang-like setup. I wouldn't mind the unnecessary character mixup if they did it in Pulp Fiction style, where everyone involved had a more... fearsome yet respectful appearance and approach.

i r8 3/8 m8 no h8 gr8 b8.

Ignoring the non-European goof, mafia was always about climbing into the white elite. From stereotypical, racist 20s to post-war with the society gap. Mafia III made a similar time jump (30-ish years), but they fucked with the formula way too far.

This looks like a GTA clone from the 1st shot. A white rich guy, a Trevor style chaotic character, a black guy to fill the "racial correctness" box, and after the Ubisoft rape they've thrown in a woman to fill in the "not-sexist" box, and made her black to get additional "brownie points" (pun intended).

Lastly, Mafias radiate some level of class. This here, as @Humbug said is a gang-like setup. I wouldn't mind the unnecessary character mixup if they did it in Pulp Fiction style, where everyone involved had a more... fearsome yet respectful appearance and approach.

i r8 3/8 m8 no h8 gr8 b8.

That rich guy is Vito, if he was the main playable character in this game, I wouldn't mind, if they atleast did a prologue with what happend to Joe and then the game started "20 years later"

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

So, your 4790k and 770 isn't enough?

I sold that PC in June, just haven't changed my signature yet. xP right now my only computer is my work laptop, I'm buying a personal laptop this week or next. :P

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

it looks........like a really good trailer

ill hold judgment till i see in game

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I sold that PC in June, just haven't changed my signature yet. xP right now my only computer is my work laptop, I'm buying a personal laptop this week or next. :P

mfp7ts8.gif

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I like the music choise.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I hope it's a new character and story.

Vito is a bum who joined the mafia because he was too lazy to work. And Joe had almost no redeeming features.

I couldn't relate to these characters or any struggle that they were supposed to have. But the good dialog, atmosphere and music saved it.

Not sure if someone already have pointed it out. But Vito is in the trailer. He's the old dude.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

*Pukes*

The amount of praise of the graphics is unreal. Kinda ironic how console players say to us: "It's not about the graphics".

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Hmm this comment is interesting: 

I don't think people realize this but Joe doesn't actually die. The goons take him and they put him on a cocaine plantation. 4 hours later Veto receives death threats so him and Joe ditch town to leave to Louisiana. They start a new Mafia Drug lord and get help from three other people, Mickey, Franklin, and the next playable character. This information was released by Vito's voice actor on April 13th. This is the plot for Mafia 3

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

1_000_000_car_crash_540.gif

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro