Getting rid of S6 Edge, what phone to get?

I Hendrycks I

Hey so I got the S6 Edge on release and it's been causing me nothing but problems. The RAM management is atrocious and has gotten to the point where Youtube shows a white screen for 10secs and then finally shows up - I can never even have any apps multi-tasked as it slows to a crawl. Without running a launcher other than Touchwiz, there's constant redraws and it lags even worse. I constantly accidentally touch the capacitive buttons on the bezel as they're where I want to naturally hold the phone - I've learned how to try and avoid them but it's just uncomfortable. I can go on and on. Basically I just want out with this device and was wondering if anyone has some advice on what phone to get?

I had an M8 before this but the M9 seems to be a bit of a bust. G4 seems cool but I heard that LG is terrible at releasing updates? I'd get the Nexus 6 as I loved the screen size of the iPhone 6 Plus when I had one. Problem is the Nexus seems out of date and a new Nexus is supposedly on the horizon? I'd just be patient and wait but I can sell the phone back to my carrier and it'll fully pay off my remaining balance on it so I'd prefer to get that deal before it gets reduced in price.

Thanks in advance! 

Sent the Edge to me and I will trade it for my HTC One M7 :D

Hey so I got the S6 Edge on release and it's been causing me nothing but problems. The RAM management is atrocious and has gotten to the point where Youtube shows a white screen for 10secs and then finally shows up - I can never even have any apps multi-tasked as it slows to a crawl. Without running a launcher other than Touchwiz, there's constant redraws and it lags even worse. I constantly accidentally touch the capacitive buttons on the bezel as they're where I want to naturally hold the phone - I've learned how to try and avoid them but it's just uncomfortable. I can go on and on. Basically I just want out with this device and was wondering if anyone has some advice on what phone to get?

I had an M8 before this but the M9 seems to be a bit of a bust. G4 seems cool but I heard that LG is terrible at releasing updates? I'd get the Nexus 6 as I loved the screen size of the iPhone 6 Plus when I had one. Problem is the Nexus seems out of date and a new Nexus is supposedly on the horizon? I'd just be patient and wait but I can sell the phone back to my carrier and it'll fully pay off my remaining balance on it so I'd prefer to get that deal before it gets reduced in price.

Thanks in advance! 

Sounds like you had a lemon. My s6 runs flawlessly.

LG aren't that terrible at releasing updates, and if they aren't quick enough, rooting, installing a new bootloader and installing a custom ROM is always an option. The Nexus 6 is a decent device but build quality is lacking and some phones have issues with inflating batteries. The HTC One M9 is a massive disappointment and it still overheats. You could always consider going back to the iPhone though unless you had some bad experiences.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Sent the Edge to me and I will trade it for my HTC One M7 :D

Ignore this guy^^ ill trade you my LG G Vista

| NZXT H440 | AOC e2450Swd, AOC 2436V, RCA 42" LED TV | AMD 8320E | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 |MSI GeForce GTX 960 Titanium OC 4GB | Corsair CX 750 | 3 TB WD Green and PNY XLR8 240GB SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Ramaxel RMR5030ME68F9F1600 - 4GBx2 |Logitech G710+|Logitech G502 | Astro A40 | Blue Snowball Ice |

- snip -

I'll trade you my beat up S2 lol

Most of these answers you will get will be based on preference, like how I'd recommend the OnePlus One 

CPU Intel i7-4770k @4.4Ghz Motherboard ASUS Maximus VI Hero RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 16GB GPU MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Case Corsair 760T Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB + 2x WD Black 1TB PSU Corsair AX860 Display(s) AcerXB1, QNIX QX2710                         Cooling Corsair H105 Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red + Red LED Mouse Logitech G700s Sound Beyerdynamic MMX300

LG aren't that terrible at releasing updates, and if they aren't quick enough, rooting, installing a new bootloader and installing a custom ROM is always an option. The Nexus 6 is a decent device but build quality is lacking and some phones have issues with inflating batteries. The HTC One M9 is a massive disappointment and it still overheats. You could always consider going back to the iPhone though unless you had some bad experiences.

I got the LG G Vista and the Verizon version is on 4.4.2 and At&t is enjoying Lollipop LG IS TERRIBLE!!!!!

| NZXT H440 | AOC e2450Swd, AOC 2436V, RCA 42" LED TV | AMD 8320E | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 |MSI GeForce GTX 960 Titanium OC 4GB | Corsair CX 750 | 3 TB WD Green and PNY XLR8 240GB SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Ramaxel RMR5030ME68F9F1600 - 4GBx2 |Logitech G710+|Logitech G502 | Astro A40 | Blue Snowball Ice |

I got the LG G Vista and the Verizon version is on 4.4.2 and At&t is enjoying Lollipop LG IS TERRIBLE!!!!!

That's not LG's fault at all. Tell Verizon to go fuck off, they're always slow with Android updates...

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I like my Lumia 735, they've got higher end windows phone like the Lumia 1520. I don't know how you feel on the whole windows phone though.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Ignore this guy^^ ill trade you my LG G Vista

Ignore both of them

I'll trade my M8 for it and give you $300 bucks.

Back to the point, it sounds like you got a lemon. 

I'd wait for the Oneplus 2 btw

For me the only thing that makes the m9 a bust is it's camera and any overheating issues are exagerated, its a metal phone afterall. Otherwise if I were you I'd wait for Moto X on the horizon and if you are really patient wait for the Nexus. And OnePlus Two comes out next week too.

Sounds like you had a lemon. My s6 runs flawlessly.

It was running decently for a long time but their are numerous reports of it slowing down an incredible amount at a certain point. Factory resetting seems to work but a phone this expensive shouldn't need that to happen, my M8 ran perfectly and even better than the S6 does with both on Lollipop. I heard about the slowdown for months and was assuming they had a lemon as well but it just happened to me about 2 days ago - I got the phone a day before release on April 8th I believe? 

It was running decently for a long time but their are numerous reports of it slowing down an incredible amount at a certain point. Factory resetting seems to work but a phone this expensive shouldn't need that to happen, my M8 ran perfectly and even better than the S6 does with both on Lollipop. I heard about the slowdown for months and was assuming they had a lemon as well but it just happened to me about 2 days ago - I got the phone a day before release on April 8th I believe? 

I've had mine for 6 months without issue.

Ignore both of them

I'll trade my M8 for it and give you $300 bucks.

Back to the point, it sounds like you got a lemon. 

I'd wait for the Oneplus 2 btw

ignore all of them. ill give you a lamborguni aventador my pc, my house my life my family

I've had mine for 6 months without issue.

It's only been out since April. Did you get it months early?

Yeah sounds like they did something with software then. 

It's only been out since April. Did you get it months early?

Yeah seriously m8, did you build your own S6?

Yeah seriously m8, did you build your own S6?

I can't count and have a shitty memory, obviously. I got it the week of release. It might be an app you're downloading. I don't have many games, if any. I use it for the camera, calls, texts, music, and weather. My girlfriend aslo has an edge, and has no issues.

Edited by Zayzo

I can't count and have a shitty memory, obviously. I got it the week of release. It might be an app you're downloading. I don't have many games, if any. I use it for the camera, calls, texts, music, and weather. My girlfriend aslo has an edge, and has no issues.

I'm surprised you guys are actually running with Touchwiz, first thing I did when I got my m8 was root and put CM on it.

Blazing fast for dayz

I can't count and have a shitty memory, obviously. I got it the week of release. It might be an app you're downloading. I don't have many games, if any. I use it for the camera, calls, texts, music, and weather.

Shitty memory, just like the S6! huehehue. In all seriousness, a ton of people have reported bad memory management so idk if you got lucky or just aren't a power user or something else but I doubt there can be that many lemons. I have a warranty with Telus to basically smash it once so I might do that and try out the replacement. 

Even when I first got it, it ran quite a bit slower than the M8 does and I think that's just down to Touchwiz. But now even after a few OS updates, disabling bloat apps and running Nova Prime to make it run even faster it's now laggy as balls recently. I just know that when I put down $350 to get a phone it should run flawlessly. The S6 actually makes me miss my M8. Better battery, faster OS updates, no bloated UI, etc.

I'm surprised you guys are actually running with Touchwiz, first thing I did when I got my m8 was root and put CM on it.

Blazing fast for dayz

Yeah, i usually have youtube, chrome, spotify, twitch in the background and i alternate between them depending on what i feel like doing. And im using the material theme from the samsung store. Looks kind of like stock.

Blazing fast for dayz

Is CM worth it? Never bothered trying it with my M8. I just kept switching it from Sense to GPe as I kept missing that sleek Google Stock feel *drool*

Even when I first got it, it ran quite a bit slower than the M8 does and I think that's just down to Touchwiz. But now even after a few OS updates, disabling bloat apps and running Nova Prime to make it run even faster it's now laggy as balls recently. I just know that when I put down $350 to get a phone it should run flawlessly. The S6 actually makes me miss my M8. Better battery, faster OS updates, no bloated UI, etc.

Well its a good thing I didn't upgrade :P

Yeah, i usually have youtube, chrome, spotify, twitch in the background and i alternate between them depending on what i feel like doing. And im using the material theme from the samsung store. Looks kind of like stock.

I think you got a godly S6 then. No one I've heard from can even multi-task Chrome and any other app and have it not reload the page when returning to it. 

Well its a good thing I didn't upgrade :P

Noooo, you'd love the S6 Edge! I'll take that $300 and the M8 now :P