Getting rid of S6 Edge, what phone to get?

I Hendrycks I

Is CM worth it? Never bothered trying it with my M8. I just kept switching it from Sense to GPe as I kept missing that sleek Google Stock feel *drool*

Heck yes its worth it.

No crapware, no slowdowns, no random software updates. Its great, and every Android phone should come with CM or stock Android. 

I think you got a godly S6 then. No one I've heard from can even multi-task Chrome and any other app and have it not reload the page when returning to it. 

Usually i'm on the forums (oc.net or here) or looking something up. I use ifunny a lot too. I haven't hadn't any hitches. My girlfriend plays a lot of games on her phone and she hasn't complained about any slowdowns thus far.

Heck yes its worth it.

No crapware, no slowdowns, no random software updates. Its great, and every Android phone should come with CM or stock Android. 

I used cm on my s5 once the quick install was available.

B) NO

It looks like the OnePlus Two is going to be absolutely beastly. No carriers hold the phone I'm assuming? You have to buy it directly from OP?

Yeah, i usually have youtube, chrome, spotify, twitch in the background and i alternate between them depending on what i feel like doing. And im using the material theme from the samsung store. Looks kind of like stock.

Looking stock vs being stock is a different experience unfortunately. 

It looks like the OnePlus Two is going to be absolutely beastly. No carriers hold the phone I'm assuming? You have to buy it directly from OP?

Yep, unless they change it this time around. 

It will most likely be sold with an invitation system, where you need an invite from another person to buy the phone. You cannot buy it directly.

No official notice, all my speculation, based on last time. 

I'm aware. I've disabled pretty much all of the t-mobile/samsung bloatware. I've had a good experience on the phone. Its as fast as my s5 was with CM

Agreed, dressing up a turd in sexy Stock Android lingerie still makes it a turd! :P I'm using the Material theme atm on my S6 Edge too, makes me envious of Nexus devices :( Although I do have my Nexus 9 on Android M Preview 2 atm and it's amaaaazing!

This is the bs I'm talking about!

Just google S6 lag and so many posts, videos, articles pop up..

This is the bs I'm talking about!

Just google S6 lag and so many posts, videos, articles pop up..

Yeah that would suck. Did you actually like the edges physical design? My girlfriend got it but i just stayed with the regular s6. I don't think i'd adjust to or even like it as a daily device.

Yeah that would suck. Did you actually like the edges physical design? My girlfriend got it but i just stayed with the regular s6. I don't think i'd adjust to or even like it as a daily device.

I love how sexy the phone is. I stayed away from Samsung before as their other devices have always looked ugly af to me. After having an iPhone and then the M8, I never wanted to get a less sexy phone and the S6 Edge is definitely the sexiest. The curved sides feel great to hold and scrolling in landscape is really cool as it looks like it's rolling into the device. The battery's also slightly bigger but idk if it makes a difference.

If you have a standard S6 then that might be why you're not having an issue. Most reports of slowdowns have been from the Edge.

I love how sexy the phone is. I stayed away from Samsung before as their other devices have always looked ugly af to me. After having an iPhone and then the M8, I never wanted to get a less sexy phone and the S6 Edge is definitely the sexiest. The curved sides feel great to hold and scrolling in landscape is really cool as it looks like it's rolling into the device. The battery's also slightly bigger but idk if it makes a difference.

If you have a standard S6 then that might be why you're not having an issue. Most reports of slowdowns have been from the Edge.

The edge would have more software form the edge part lol.

The edge would have more software form the edge part lol.

I have all edge features disabled. I think I just fixed a lot of the problem though, just went into developer options and made all the animations 0.5x instead of 1x and now it feels way snappier. Feels like my phone's on speed now as the animations are crazy fast.

I have all edge features disabled. I think I just fixed a lot of the problem though, just went into developer options and made all the animations 0.5x instead of 1x and now it feels way snappier. Feels like my phone's on speed now as the animations are crazy fast.

So if i do it on my s6 it will become even better? Lmao doing it

So if i do it on my s6 it will become even better? Lmao doing it

Let me know how it goes for you! It could just be placebo but apps are honestly loading faster. Before it'd take 4 secs and now it's like 1 lol

Yeah, the RAM management on the S6 is horrendous.

Even owners of the S6 and Samsung fans (not fanboys. Fans) agree that the horrendous RAM management is what's keeping the phone from supreme greatness.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Like some people have said the OnePlus 2 is probably the best in class smartphone under 500$/€. Also it will feature USB Type-C which is something that nowan can even assure the note 5, 2015 nexus device will use with Android M. Also if the snapdragon 810 overthere will be a "chill" buddy then it seems a great phone.

Groomlake Authority