GTX 780, good deal?

WastedEmu

I have the chance to get a used GTX 780 reference card by Zotac for $200 Canadian. Is it worth it? I already have an R9 290 in my main machine, and I can always throw it (or my 290) in my gaming HTPC. Seems like too good of a deal to turn down lol.

I also just stepped in to the world of 1080p plus gaming (at 2560x1600) , so do you guys know which card would be better for my main gaming machine?

I have the chance to get a used GTX 780 reference card by Zotac for $200 Canadian. Is it worth it? I already have an R9 290 in my main machine, and I can always throw it (or my 290) in my gaming HTPC. Seems like too good of a deal to turn down lol.

I also just stepped in to the world of 1080p plus gaming (at 2560x1600) , so do you guys know which card would be better for my main gaming machine?

ive heard 780s are great overclockers. id say the 780 cuz fuck amd

askdjfasdf

By some of the benchmarks it seems that the 290 beats the 780, I wouldn't buy it, save for something like a 780Ti/980

Pretty equal..

Depends on YOU now, do YOU wanna use Shadowplay, Do you wanna use PhysX smoke and such in your games..

If not, stick with 290, if so, 780.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Nvidia fanboy in his natural habitat.

pretty much but that was more of a joke since the release of the new 300 series cards has me pretty psyched still.

askdjfasdf

780 would be better then a 290 if its in a compact pc because of heat.

Pretty equal..

Depends on YOU now, do YOU wanna use Shadowplay, Do you wanna use PhysX smoke and such in your games..

If not, stick with 290, if so, 780.

I don't need it because my HTPC has an HD 7950 in it, and that matches up pretty well with my G3258...

I only want it because it seems like a good deal lol.

I'll be able to throw the 7950 in to the FX-8350 build that I currently have for sale and raise the price just a little if I do get the 780. The point of this topic though is if this is one of those deals that are almost too good to turn down. I could always use the extra horse power in my other PC's, and I've only ever had AMD/ATI cards. So for the cost, it seems like a decent way to check out the green team

200CAD

You could sell it to a friend for a lot more....

Great card but since you got a 290 there is no real point :(

ive heard 780s are great overclockers. id say the 780 cuz fuck amd

I heard AMD makes great cards that are cheaper. cuz fuck spending money

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

200CAD

You could sell it to a friend for a lot more....

Great card but since you got a 290 there is no real point :(

I heard AMD makes great cards that are cheaper. cuz fuck spending money

eh the hardware itself isnt the issue its more the software (sadly this has been the same with nvidia as of late.)

askdjfasdf

guys im gonna be upgradeing from the r9 fury to the gtx 750 ti because the price is cheaper

Please don't, the GTX 730 is just for you!

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

i want the geforce gt600 series

Get the 580, not only does it play your games it also keeps you and your family warm at night, and can make you breakfast!

- WCCFTECH

i wanna use integrated grpahics

Pffft, i'm using my SSD as my GPU

- WCCFTECH

Spose you could just resell it for more afterwards if you have no use for it.

Like you said.. it's just "One of those deals"

To Skip it, or make money from it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

$200 is a pretty normal price for a 780 where i live, but I don't know how much that is in CAD and if those prices are normal. Best of luck to you! Cheers!

$200 is a pretty normal price for a 780 where i live, but I don't know how much that is in CAD and if those prices are normal. Best of luck to you! Cheers!

yeah, there aren't any for sale other than that one in my area, but a few hours away the average price is about $300-$350, so after work tonight I'll most likely be picking it up

Thanks for all the responses!