Never you VGA or Linus will break your montior

Youbetternot

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Use* and this was already posted

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

7:24 in the vid

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

linus realy did some damage haha. i like how linus just stared the guy down for a few seconds after he took out the monitor

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

linus realy did some damage haha. i like how linus just stared the guy down for a few seconds after he took out the monitor

Ik right LMFAO

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Nine heart attacks later... "You get a new monitor!"

I find it amusing that he left the helmet and jacket on, just in case the kid started swinging at him.

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

It would suck if the monitor that took off hit someone's computer and crashed a hard drive or hit that guy's laptop...

Old shit no one cares about but me.

It would suck if the monitor that took off hit someone's computer and crashed a hard drive or hit that guy's laptop...

I'm wondering why the screen flickered off...

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

I'm wondering why the screen flickered off...

I think on his laptop the VGA doesn't have the screws like most laptops, so when the monitor flew off the desk it probably just unplugged itself

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I think on his laptop the VGA doesn't have the screws like most laptops, so when the monitor flew off the desk it probably just unplugged itself

It wouldn't have been fun if it was screwed in rofl.

It wouldn't have been fun if it was screwed in rofl.

Well if his laptop was damaged I think they would give him a new one too, :P Or so I hope.

I was thinking about the computers behind where Linus was swinging. It looks like the monitor hit a computer behind it! :O 

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

if it was me i would beat the shit out of linus LOL

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Why would the laptop screen go out if all they did was break the monitor it was connected to...?

Why would the laptop screen go out if all they did was break the monitor it was connected to...?

Linus probably broke his laptop too.

*in squeaky voice* I still use vga. 

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Linus probably broke his laptop too.

It was Windows detecting that a monitor was disconnected. The flickering was caused by either Windows automatically going back from displaying on the monitor to the laptop, or from a change in the display mode. (Extended -> Laptop Only OR Duplicate -> Laptop Only) In both cases all the display flicker while changes are being applied.

It was Windows detecting that a monitor was disconnected. The flickering was caused by either Windows automatically going back from displaying on the monitor to the laptop, or from a change in the display mode. (Extended -> Laptop Only OR Duplicate -> Laptop Only) In both cases all the display flicker while changes are being applied.

Not buying it. Neither the  original wallpaper showed up again on the laptop nor did the  game that was showing on the external monitor.IT just went blank.

Good thing that guy didn't screw the VGA cable into his monitor. That could have ended badly.

Not buying it. Neither the secondary wallpaper showed up again on the laptop nor did the original game that was showing on the external monitor.IT just went blank.

No, it didn't just go blank, you can see the mouse pointer is still there. If you have two monitors plugged in, unplug one now and the same exact thing will happen to you.

not sure whats the problem with VGA

it supports 1080p at 60hz

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.