ZNAPS -The $9 Magnetic Adapter for your mobile devices

Bakgrund

UPDATE:

After much discussion and planning with our team and our manufacturer, we’ve found that it is possible to put one of your suggestions as a stretch goal! (The two sided LED indicator) With the success of this campaign, our initial order would be much larger than originally planned, resulting in a cheaper price per unit. That means we could add a small feature with no additional cost to you, our wonderful backers.

But that’s not all. There’s also another possible reward we could release… YES, that’s right; it’s the USB-C ZNAPS. We originally wanted to include USB-C for ZNAPS, but we didn’t have the initial funds to do so. With this campaign going so well, we could bump that schedule up and try to deliver it to you during this campaign.

1cafe51bf8944e82f903520423609bc6_origina

this is great for reducing wear on your micro-usb ports. They are fragile, so this will save them. Definitely worth buying

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

The main reason I backed!

cables too. You cant bend the cable beyond a certain point before you just pull it off. So it will keep you from bending your cables wrongly so they last longer. 

this should have been invented long ago lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Something similar has been available on ebay for a while...

8l0yvOF.png

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

I am collecting my orders for my family right now.  This is a great looking product and an awesome campaign.  I am especially excited about the USB C adapter if we can get there.  I have a MacBook and it would be FREAKING AMAZING to have that!  Please spread the word!

No more broken micro-usb connectors!maybe a bit late as we already got usb type c but whatever

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1041610927/znaps-the-9-magnetic-adapter-for-your-mobile-devic/description

This new (already funded) Kickstarter project is about magnetic adapters for your Iphone (or Ipad) with a lighning-port or your phone (or tablet) with a micro-usb port. The picture below explains how it all works pretty well. But you will obviously find the best information about it right on their kickstarter-page.

5906aa17025b2f32aa5a688cee6e2ec3_origina

Starting at 9 dollars, Znaps will start shipping in december.

I got this, I like it butter

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M93BQ40?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

anyone notice apple did away with safe magnetic adapters on the new macbook?

This looks like a good way for me to not ruin micro usb cables. I'm excited.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Its cos they didn't R&D USB - C magsafe

It could also be that they didn't want the USB-c connector to be magnetic, and thus easy to accidentally pull out. That's fine for charging purposes...but if you happen to be in the middle of a large file transfer that's going to be a real piss off, or using a wired mouse...same prpblem.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

• 2 weeks later...

whats the problem with wireless charging? I havnt used a cable to charge my nexus 5 for years

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Something similar has been available on ebay for a while...

True but that doesn't work with Lightning connectors & the micro-USB part that attaches to the phone appears to be much wider on the eBay version. 

Looks like a great idea...but I'd be concerned on how strong the magnetic lock is. Even in the product video it looks like ppl are trying hard not to bump it the wrong way. However, if you're going to be leaving the charging cable in a stationary area (a desk for example) it looks like an awesome concept!

Intel I7 4770k 4.2ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero,16 gb Corsair Ram(1600 mhz), GTX 780 Classified, 1000w EVGA Supernova Powersupply,Corsair h100i
250 GB Samsung 840 Evo Solid State Drive(OS Drive), 120 GB Corsair Solid State Drive, 1 Terabyte Western Digital Drive
(Blue)

Eh, I caved and bought a bunch.

Got 3 of the microUSB male ends and 5 of the female ends that connect to my cables.

whats the problem with wireless charging? I havnt used a cable to charge my nexus 5 for years

Mostly low efficiency which means it's slower and the power consumption is higher at the end of the day = bad for the enviroment I suppose.

Has anyone seen Jerry's video on him #JerryRig'ing his LG G4 box into a docking station? How slick that would be with this instead of the exposed cable!

Apple might still try to sue them.

I don't think Apple would even see any benefit from taking these guys out. It's not like they hinder the sales of ANYTHING Apple sells, you still need a charging cable to begin with. That's like Apple suing Tech21 for making phone cases. Yeah they incorporate the design of Apple products but they don't hinder the sales of Apple products at all.

I would get one but I would probably never use it. I only charge my phone at night and I like the solid connection that micro USB can provide. The main reason is the way I hold my phone, my pinky finger is right below the micro USB port and that extra 1.4mm, I know it's insignificant but it would annoying the hell out of me.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

• 3 weeks later...

Apple might still try to sue them.

Well they got enough backers to allegedly get MFI certification so I kinda doubt it now.