NFS World: The End.....

Clyne

As you may know, NFS World is being shutdown. I would like to say farewell old game, farewell. 5 Years as the servers are on and now it's ending.

Although it hasn't ended yet, it will end at 9AM PST time on 7/14/15(meaning servers will be shutdown by 9AM). 

https://world.needforspeed.com/

https://world.needforspeed.com/news/article/53367

The last car i'd ever driven.........

nsTspeQ.jpg

So what were you're fun times? I remember playing NFS World when it first started, fun great game. 

And my Year 2 car.....

idhYTm2.jpg

Honestly I hated the game.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

The only good thing about it was it used the nfsmw word. But yea, not a great game 

when companies close down games like this, especially f2p ones, I wish they'd release a dedicated server package or even source code. But that's a perfect, world, I know that' snot practical. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Good riddance, was an awful game.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Played it for around a year pretty much daily, was pretty addicted to it. But man i hated the pay 2 win factor, all the cool parts and cars are only gettable by real money and later the IGC cars became so fucking expensive. Saw a lot of people who put tons of money just to outrun those poor free players in crappy cars, im happy that now they got burnt.

This game had huge potential, but EAs greed ruined it so badly.

Played for about 18 months when it was first released then lost interest... it was well overdue for retirement IMO.

Played it for around a year pretty much daily, was pretty addicted to it. But man i hated the pay 2 win factor, all the cool parts and cars are only gettable by real money and later the IGC cars became so fucking expensive. Saw a lot of people who put tons of money just to outrun those poor free players in crappy cars, im happy that now they got burnt.

This game had huge potential, but EAs greed ruined it so badly.

Great "BOOST" by EA.........

Great "BOOST" by EA.........

Yeah, i was always eager when EA gona give some free Bost to free players to buy a fucking car slot, yeah had to buy a slots to own more cars even IGC ones, still with all the bad i have some great memories from playing it, just really shameful it became milking machine for little dumb kids instead of ultimate NFS game.

Yeah, i was always eager when EA gona give some free Bost to free players to buy a fucking car slot, yeah had to buy a slots to own more cars even IGC ones, still with all the bad i have some great memories from playing it, just really shameful it became milking machine for little dumb kids instead of ultimate NFS game.

EA occasionally gave out free boost and free cars with a slot. You either had a S or A car or you couldn't do anything well. 

Wow, nfsw caput? It really was about time.

I was playing this game for 1.5 years. Very addicted to it. The game was so full of cheaters than i had to stop playing multiplayer and i started competing for leaderboard times on single player.Had many world record on some maps as well. And because that game was 100% p2w, i started paying a lot of money. finally got rid of it and started playing bf4 :D

My full garage if anyone is interested 

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Wow, nfsw caput? It really was about time.

I was playing this game for 1.5 years. Very addicted to it. The game was so full of cheaters than i had to stop playing multiplayer and i started competing for leaderboard times on single player.

Actually the last few months were quite good.  Once they got rid of the clowns that ruined it (the people at EAsy) and brought some of the old devs back as a skeleton crew, it became a fun game again. We finally had anticheat software, IGC rotations were working again, there were community events, changes in the track rotation, etc etc.

The playerbase was picking up again when the suits decided to cut almost the entire F2P branch. Given some continued development, World would have had a few more years left in it.

I'll miss it for sure, the recent NFS games are just nowhere near as good IMO. 

I'd post pics of my garage, but with 100+ cars I'd just kill everyone's bandwidth.

Actually the last few months were quite good.  Once they got rid of the clowns that ruined it (the people at EAsy) and brought some of the old devs back as a skeleton crew, it became a fun game again. We finally had anticheat software, IGC rotations were working again, there were community events, changes in the track rotation, etc etc.

The playerbase was picking up again when the suits decided to cut almost the entire F2P branch. Given some continued development, World would have had a few more years left in it.

I'd post pics of my garage, but with 100+ cars I'd just kill everyone's bandwidth.

Yup, all i can say too is that the game was pretty broken,then EAsy came to completely ruin it. This was my first f2p game and it WILL be my last. I learn from my mistakes.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Yup, all i can say too is that the game was pretty broken,then EAsy came to completely ruin it. This was my first f2p game and it WILL be my last. I learn from my mistakes.

There's also Drifit City but it's not really like NFS at all, more like some other type of racing game. 

There's a way to play NFS World again, but it's offline.

You still get the races and stuff, but boost and money are unlimited so you can spend whatever you want. 

Also @SpyRosL if you're also interested. 

Here's the link to the thread to download and the guide.

http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/need-speed-world/3767890-nfs-world-offline-server.html

I know about the offline mode, but for me half of the fun was vinyling my cars and showing them off.  There would be no point in that anymore, there's nobody to show them to. 

Besides, when the server shut down all my 180-or-so cars vanished, and with them all the work that went into them.

attachicon.gifnfsw113.jpg

attachicon.gifnfsw256.jpg

attachicon.gifnfsw494.jpg

attachicon.gifnfsw678.jpg

Yep, let's just hope that the new NFS is similar to World with customization and multiplayer world with it's roots back to Underground.

There's a way to play NFS World again, but it's offline.

You still get the races and stuff, but boost and money are unlimited so you can spend whatever you want. 

Also @SpyRosL if you're also interested. 

Here's the link to the thread to download and the guide.

http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/need-speed-world/3767890-nfs-world-offline-server.html

I said i was addicted to this game for almost 2 years. i got over it. There is no way i am touching this game again.

I said i was addicted to this game for almost 2 years. i got over it. There is no way i am touching this game again.

Now i'm just playing a mix of NFS games now.........