Unlocking 700 series to 780 Ti's -- Is it possible?

Elequi

I heard from a friend of mine that there is a way to "jump" the PCB or something like that on Geforce GTX 700 cards to unlock them to 780 Ti, I have currently have a EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX 2.0 4GB, and was wondering if there is any tutorial of doing this, thanks! (He had a 750 which is now a 780 ti after he did this)

Sounds like bullshit to me.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

bullshit, he probably just changed the BIOS of the card

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

I heard from a friend of mine that there is a way to "jump" the PCB or something like that on Geforce GTX 700 cards to unlock them to 780 Ti, I have currently have a EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX 2.0 4GB, and was wondering if there is any tutorial of doing this, thanks! (He had a 750 which is now a 780 ti after he did this)

It simply changes the name. Your driver software will suddenly think it's a 780Ti.

It can potentially even break your drivers.

So, I wouldn't do it at all.

Um... What? There's no way to make a 750 a 780ti. They are very different cards.

He seems to be rather trustable person, known him for years, I am still looking, not turning up anything. But From my understanding they all use the same architechture, so I see it possible. Just like certain processors have unlockable cores after some work.

He's either lying or he flashed a 780 Ti BIOS which causes bad things to happen.

I accidentally flashed a non reference BIOS to my reference card and it would hit its boost clock and crashed every game in 10 seconds and flicked in device manager.

He said it requires doing something to the PCB and reflashing the card.

He seems to be rather trustable person, known him for years, I am still looking, not turning up anything. But From my understanding they all use the same architechture, so I see it possible. Just like certain processors have unlockable cores after some work.

Yeah just no. The 780 ti is a kepler gpu, the 750 is a maxwell gpu. They are absolutely different. And nothing can be done to the software to change the tremendous gap in actual performance.

Doesn't sound possible to me.   As far as I know the chip on the card is fixed.  Nvidia doesn't disable the chip itself.   Lower end cards may have disabled units because the chip did not come out perfectly in the yield so they sell them as cheaper cards.  i.e. a 980ti can't be unlocked to a Titan X.

CPU i7 4790 | Motherboard  ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII | RAM 16 GB Trident X @ 2400 Mhz | GPU Titan X | Case NZXT Phantom 530 | Storage Samsung EVO 840 1 TB SSD, 2 Seagate 150 GB HDD, 1 External 3 GB Seagate HDD | PSU Corsair HX 1050 | Cooling Zalman Copper 2 ball | Keyboard  Logitech G710+ | Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound: Creative Z | Operating System  Windows 10

LOL nope

he either has no idea what he's doing or hes tricking you

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah just no. The 780 ti is a kepler gpu, the 750 is a maxwell gpu. They are absolutely different. And nothing can be done to the software to change the tremendous gap in actual performance.

750 Ti is Maxwell. Not 750.

The GTX 750 is a GM107 chip with one SMX unit disabled, so it is maxwell.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

780 to a 780ti? Maybe possible, 750 to a 780ti? Gtfo with that horse crap.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

They're both maxwell. The 750 is just a cut down 750 ti.

They are both Maxwell.

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

Read above m8

I'm sorry my net is real slow so they appeared after I posted.

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

I thought that perhaps it is possible, because many other types of processors are their big brothers with hidden/locked cores, threads, cache, etc. and with a much more afforable price... i7-5820K = i7-5930K but with locked PICE Lanes

Absolutely not. He's either dumb or fucking with you. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder