Neighbors Hedge Issues **UK**

Hi All, on the back of our land we have a hedge, it was over hanging our neighbors trimmed it which is OK however they then threw all the trimmings over on to our land, can someone please tell me if this is right and hopefully no some kind of evidence from the government IN UK GUYS!

Don't think it's a nice thing, but  it's not illegal.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

it's not illegal, its your hedge so... they have a right to put it over your land cause it's hanging over their property...

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

They're not breaking any laws doing it, as it is your property. However, morally it's a little bit wrong as they could have just asked you instead of throwing it over without asking.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Illegal? nope, kind of a dickish move, yea.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Its called Fly Tipping and anyone that does it can be prosecuted, that said with it being your hedge I'm not sure how it would work.

OP, take some photos of the waste and contact your local council office, explain the situation to them and see what they say. I'd even consider calling 101 and speaking to the police about it too, at worst the police can knock on his door and politely ask him to remove the rubbish before it goes any further.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

throw them all back with a metaphorical middle finger, or suck it up, be a big boy, and throw it away.

Chuck it in the bin and move on, in future offer to cut the hedge yourself if it's yours.

I don't see a need to involve police or anything unless they continue to dump crap over your fence.

If the foliage is overhanging their property they have every right to trim it BUT THEY MUST OFFER IT BACK TO YOU. If they trim then dispose of the trimmings by dumping it on your property then they are breaking the law twice.

A ) Not offering you the cut off portionss (its arguable that by placing them on your land they have offered the trimmings to you).

B ) littering on your property.

However these are people you have to live next door to/water your plants whilst on holiday/take in parcels when you are out ETC so nice to be nice

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

"You cant just go cutting down other people's hedges because it ruins your view." 

"Aye, suppose." 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

If the foliage is overhanging their property they have every right to trim it BUT THEY MUST OFFER IT BACK TO YOU. If they trim then dispose of the trimmings by dumping it on your property then they are breaking the law twice.

A ) Not offering you the cut off portionss (its arguable that by placing them on your land they have offered the trimmings to you).

B ) littering on your property.

However these are people you have to live next door to/water your plants whilst on holiday/take in parcels when you are out ETC so nice to be nice

Its too late for being nice, we had a party they drove round shouted at us then wheel spined all the way out our stone drive, then they got the police involved over this matter, thanks for the response thery useful :D

1. clean the stuff, mention it to them, ask them if it can be avoided
if it doesnt work and they still do it, ignore them and clean it, if theyre assholes like that, they thrive on attention and will soon stop

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Options

1: suck it up and pick up the leaves and move on

A: YELL AT THEM LIKE A BLACK WOMEN.

Uno:call the police

III: go MURICA on their lawn.

my rig intel 3570k| r9-290 tri-x oc| gigabyte z77ud-3h | 8gb gskill ripjaws | noctua nh-d14| corsair 760i psu | carbide 500r case | HP ZR2740w monitor 2560x1440 | asus vk278Q monitor 1920x1080 | logitech g700s mouse | logitech g510 keyboard |

I also live in the UK and rent for the time being. When possible I attempt to live as far away from other people as is practically possible. When that's not possible I have only ever found it to be grief - no it's worse than that, it's a living hell. If one is lucky then they may find an area full of mature/old people but in reality this is highly unlikely and is further compounded by needing to find 4+ bedroom properties due to having a family (those are usually in hot spot areas for toxic people).

Ok rant incoming and I apologise for swearing... this sort of thing is just one of my triggers though...

People in this shit hole country of ours seem to overly enjoy living literally packed in, racked up, and stacked up on top of each other. They seem to love getting involved in each others business and generally being overly nosey to the point of aggravation. Just look at our nasty 'new build' estates; springing up all over the place these days around the urban/suburban areas; house upon house, rush built with the cheapest and nastiest material possible, stacked and packed into the tightest possible area and filled with the overflows of the worst possible council dives one could imagine... It's worse than a methodology, it's the freaking ingrained mindset prevalent throughout this cesspit of an island. I used to think that terrace and semi detached housing was really odd growing up (it's half a fucking house - or even less for fuck sakes) but these 'new builds' are akin to maggot nests. I don't mean to single out new builds though... it's the same wherever one goes that is not strictly extreme rural.

Moreover I have found that when living in such proximity to other people that most of them usually start off being overtly 'nice' and even courteous. However over time, little by little they start to push the boundaries. This can take the form of something as innocuous as allowing little Jimmy the shit head to play ball near one's car or leaving a stereo outside in the garden on full volume throughout the evening and night. It quickly moves onto parking vehicles in one's spaces, loud noise at all hours of the day and night, throwing shit into ones garden such as rubbish and hedge clippings for instance and all of that's not even scratching the surface.

My advice to you is to install an obvious CCTV system around the bounds of your property. After that's done get some high grade barbed or even better, razor wire installed. Make it really obvious that you are fortifying and will not be tolerating any bullshit displays of territorial encroachment. If those measures are not enough then send the feeds of them throwing the offending clipping into your garden to the police. Following this seek to complain to any other relevant authorities such as the council and environmental agency - even seek to shame them in the local news paper/town/village magazine. Furthermore if you really want to get revenge for it as a final measure get a contractor round to quote for the removal of the clippings and a landscaper to quote for 'damages' done to the lawn. Send the quotes through their door and threaten court action if they fail to pay within 28 days.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

- snip -

Completely agree, our other neighbors are great, but we have had 3 estates built around us from when we were the only house (farm house), oh how the world has changed for the bad

Wow and I thought some American (US) neighbors were bad... :mellow:

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

"You cant just go cutting down other people's hedges because it ruins your view."

"Aye, suppose."

Hahaha

I just watched Hot Fuzz yesterday and thought the exact thing when I saw this thread...

System: Thinkpad T460

People in this shit hole country of ours seem to overly enjoy living literally packed in, racked up, and stacked up on top of each other. They seem to love getting involved in each others business and generally being overly nosey to the point of aggravation. Just look at our nasty 'new build' estates; springing up all over the place these days around the urban/suburban areas; house upon house, rush built with the cheapest and nastiest material possible, stacked and packed into the tightest possible area and filled with the overflows of the worst possible council dives one could imagine... It's worse than a methodology, it's the freaking ingrained mindset prevalent throughout this cesspit of an island. I used to think that terrace and semi detached housing was really odd growing up (it's half a fucking house - or even less for fuck sakes) but these 'new builds' are akin to maggot nests. I don't mean to single out new builds though... it's the same wherever one goes that is not strictly extreme rural.

I feel it is not so much they want to live like that it is that they will put up with that crap as it is a lot less expensive .

If everyone had their three quarters of an acre (or whatever) there would not be any room for factories , food growing, roads etc.

My advice to you is to install an obvious CCTV system around the bounds of your property. After that's done get some high grade barbed or even better, razor wire installed. Make it really obvious that you are fortifying and will not be tolerating any bullshit displays of territorial encroachment.

Sounds like an ideal way to end up onn one of those neighbour from hell programmes and have sh1t put through your letterbox two or three times a day.

"This too shall pass"

That is exactly what you are supposed to do in the UK. The trimmings belong to the owner of the plant, and them taking the trimmings would be stealing.

Pilates

That is exactly what you are supposed to do in the UK. The trimmings belong to the owner of the plant, and them taking the trimmings would be stealing.

"Excuse me, officer, this man stole hedge trimmings." 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I find this threat rather interesting as it is always neat to catch a glimpse into another country's small quirks.

Here in the states, for the most part, you are allowed to trim any foliage that crosses your side of the property back to the property line. Also whatever you trim is yours to dispose of yourself, and does not specifically belong to the neighbor in question as it encroached onto YOUR LAND. I don't know if there are any specific laws stating this but its commonly known and practiced.  Furthermore you do not need your neighbor's permission to do so, but depending on the circumstances, it is usually best to at least give them a heads up.

The exception to this rule generally comes when there are plants specifically placed, usually by the local government, for habitat purposes or soil/sand retention.

Then you must get permission from the city/county prior to trimming or you will be faced with some hefty fines.

I feel it is not so much they want to live like that it is that they will put up with that crap as it is a lot less expensive .

If everyone had their three quarters of an acre (or whatever) there would not be any room for factories , food growing, roads etc.

I disagree on both points. In my opinion it's only gotten into such a state because of Labour (primarily) and the benefit & entitlement for nothing culture that they have cultivated. Careful now as we are broaching one of the forbidden topics that one should avoid discussing on the internets i.e. politics.

Sounds like an ideal way to end up onn one of those neighbour from hell programmes and have sh1t put through your letterbox two or three times a day.

Not at all because the perpetrators of said shit posting would be caught on the afore mentioned CCTV system and promptly find themselves in court facing criminal charges.

Why should one have to be careful or have to feel threatened about upsetting scum when the scum certainly doesn't feel anything of the inverse.

Set their car on fire. c:

Break fluid, wheel alloy acid, emulsion paint and even scrapped up bird shit does wonders as well in a more subtle way.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

. In my opinion it's only gotten into such a state because of Labour (primarily) and the benefit & entitlement for nothing culture that they have cultivated. Careful now as we are broaching one of the forbidden topics that one should avoid discussing on the internets i.e. politics.

No WE are not .  You are the one bringing politics into it.

"This too shall pass"

Why should one have to be careful

Ostracised is just a multi syllable word to you isn't it?

Careful not walked on.

"This too shall pass"