Does Airport Security Care About Computer Parts in your suitcase?

nikolaizombie1

I have found this article witch contradicts your previous statements and it says to not bring in checked baggage or on person so i decide to bring then via mail what should i do to prepare?

Oh yeah here's the link for the article http://www.airsafe.com/danger.htm

huh well it doesnt say its not allowed. Kinda hard for me to stuff a full desktop into a carryon and ive always put them into the checked baggage so (shrug).

And I have only bad experience with shipping so no tips from me.

yeah i can (probably)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

huh well it doesnt say its not allowed. Kinda hard for me to stuff a full desktop into a carryon and ive always put them into the checked baggage so (shrug).

And I have only bad experience with shipping so no tips from me.

so it's decided i go with plan A

so it's decided i go with plan A

and that is?

I assume put as much as you can in the carryon and what you cant goes in the checked?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

power supply causes some weird looks ill just tell you that.

Lol. Why?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

and that is?

I assume put as much as you can in the carryon and what you cant goes in the checked?

yeah that

its a big piece of metal with a bunch of scary wires 

And a Fan....

IS A BOAMB

BOOM BOOM BOOM

/jk

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

• 1 year later...

I'll have my PSU in the checking. I'm a bit worried they might open that up too. I mean literally open up the power unit. Is that something they would do?

I had a intercontinental flight via Qatar with bunch of computer parts in my suitcase and no one ever bothered asking me about them. Maybe because US and A was not in my route? 

The baggage is most likely to be checked.  May depend on the airport though.

I just flew a few days ago, and everyone of my checked baggage was checked and a slip of paper stating the baggage was checked was within.  This was within the US and a small airport at that.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

On 7/11/2015 at 9:39 AM, nikolaizombie1 said:

I'm moving In about a month and i need to bring my two computers, but i don't know if airport security will let metal parts in my carry on bag and suit case. 

My question is will they care?

I've carried my dekstop on checked luggage without any issues, and I brought a Synology NAS on carry-on. They made me open up the luggage and gave it a look, but it didn't delay me more than 5min total. 

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

On 7/11/2015 at 0:39 PM, nikolaizombie1 said:

I'm moving In about a month and i need to bring my two computers, but i don't know if airport security will let metal parts in my carry on bag and suit case. 

My question is will they care?

Are you going to the US?  Are you carrying laptop or desktop components?  I don't know about the US (frankly speaking with the orange haired bastard moron-in-chief and the current political climate), but in my experience if they see parts spread out they will ask questions. If it's an assembled computer, they might be more understanding.  You will have to open your bag and take them out for the scanning machine and they may rub some sort of swab to test for any traces of dangerous chemicals.

Some airports and airlines are more understanding than others.

Why not just pack them safely in the checked luggage?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins