David Cameron's "anti-encryption" bill

Vexeer

Um, this is weird. What I'd like to know is the wording of this bill, and the justification the government has for this.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

UK is going a weird path, complete block/censor/no privacy internet, they also want to quit UE, doesnt look good to me this country, its getting worse than US now.

-please remove this-

east 

west

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Wow move to the US for full access to the internet.

HA.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

'Them services don't let me snoop on their customers, so I'm going to ban them like the angry kid I am'

I heard somewhere that David cameron attacked the concept of encryption. With people like this leading the country, I am scared of where we are going. The only political party to make a comment about surveillance and such has been UKIP, read into that as you will.

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

Lol, good luck banning it! Considering everyone uses it. I hope the idiot in charge realises that its him against an army of people who use whatsapp. If he "bans" it then people will either find a way to unban it or do everything they can to revolt against censorship.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

GB citizens should switch to yo...

or go all morse code + enigma on them...

The main problem is that most people either don't have a good enough technological understanding, or are not interested in politics enough to care. It is really quite surprising how much the government can get away with (eg. NSA, GCHQ).

It's not that they don't care, but what can we do? Take the government to court? Sue them? Riot? No matter what, it's not longer the elected and the electors, but the dictated and the dictators. 

Lol, good luck banning it! Considering everyone uses it. I hope the idiot in charge realises that its him against an army of people who use whatsapp. If he "bans" it then people will either find a way to unban it or do everything they can to revolt against censorship.

VPN + this stupid ass law = rekt

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

It's not that they don't care, but what can we do? Take the government to court? Sue them? Riot? No matter what, it's not longer the elected and the electors, but the dictated and the dictators. 

We can remove them, and then a party that wants to get elected, will acknowledge what people want and deliver it. Or at least, that is how our democracy supposed to work. 

VPN + this stupid ass law = rekt

It's not that simple, unfortunately. specially for non techies.

Perhaps some black hats should unite and show Cameron what a world without encryption looks like.  They can start with this mailboxes and all personal info, then that of the rest of the idiots in charge ...

We can remove them, and then a party that wants to get elected, will acknowledge what people want and deliver it. Or at least, that is how our democracy supposed to work. 

My problem with politicians, is that they always claim to acknowledge what people want, yet they never do actually deliver it. I don't know much about politics, so i should probably opt myself out of this discussions  :D

Um, this is weird. What I'd like to know is the wording of this bill, and the justification the government has for this.

wording of the bill is irrelevant. those words are a means to an end, and the end is quite clear. "We want all your private information, no matter how invasive"

the justification? One word: "Terrorism"

disgusting.

"When you're in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!"

I get the security part and I think it's a great idea, but banning these apps will cause mayhem in Britain. Unless they make some kind of service or leeway for the users then I think it's simply a stupid idea that will hinder progress

My problem with politicians, is that they always claim to acknowledge what people want, yet they never do actually deliver it. I don't know much about politics, so i should probably opt myself out of this discussions  :D

Yeah, but then so few people care that it isn't really picked up on. This is beginning to look like a downward spiral.

Sensationalist. They will not ban these services. There's two possibilities here, firstly the most likely situtaion is they will aim to force companies like Facebook to hand over the keys for their encryption, or indeed force them to implement keys. Or Secondly, after a "bill" is passed in the House of Commons, it goes through a sort of "scrutiny" stage in the House of Lords, who are unelected, but are generally shrewd enough to question pieces of unworkable legislation. And can amend such legislation. There will also be a push back from a lot of civil rights bodies, and the tech industry. There's no way the Snoopers charter passes into law in it's current form.

Not to mention the Conservatives have a tiny majority, so passing this is going to be a challenge. Unless ofc Labour decide to once again make themselves unelectable and also vote it through.

If you voted Tory, you voted for this. David Cameron hasn't been making these moves in secret.

i feel alot of people got brainwashed into to thinking a labour/SNP colalition was terable and yet the "party for the hard working" have just shafted a load of hardworking people in the budget.

Not to mention the Conservatives have a tiny majority, so passing this is going to be a challenge. Unless ofc Labour decide to once again make themselves unelectable and also vote it through.

its impossible to implement and yeah the slim lead the tories have will make this harder to get through.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Have fun trying to enforce it, buncha morons

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

i feel alot of people got brainwashed into to thinking a labour/SNP colalition was terable and yet the "party for the hard working" have just shafted a load of hardworking people in the budget.

I spoke to a lot of Labour supporters in England before the GE, and even they were terrified of SNP influence. I can't believe more people didn't see through the fairly obvious Tory tactics of playing up the SNP influence on Labour and the "chaos" that would be a Labour-SNP coalition (which was never going to happen). And the tactic of repeatedly implying that Labour's actions directly caused the financial crisis of 2008.

The more you see these kind of things happen, the more it hardens the idea that the general population are easily led fucking idiots. Which is why the last thing we need is more spying, because if they are easily controlled and manipulated now, think what it might be like in the future.

Also, If you had asked the average voter about their party's stance on the Snoopers charter, I'm guessing upwards of 90% would have been clueless. For the record, the SNP had written quite clearly in their manifesto, that they would oppose this bill.

I spoke to a lot of Labour supporters in England before the GE, and even they were terrified of SNP influence. I can't believe more people didn't see through the fairly obvious Tory tactics of playing up the SNP influence on Labour and the "chaos" that would be a Labour-SNP coalition (which was never going to happen). And the tactic of repeatedly implying that Labour's actions directly caused the financial crisis of 2008.

The more you see these kind of things happen, the more it hardens the idea that the general population are easily led fucking idiots. Which is why the last thing we need is more spying, because if they are easily controlled and manipulated now, think what it might be like in the future.

Also, If you had asked the average voter about their party's stance on the Snoopers charter, I'm guessing upwards of 90% would have been clueless. For the record, the SNP had written quite clearly in their manifesto, that they would oppose this bill.

the SNP were no threat. people failed to see just how opposed to the tories the SNP were and would not want to do anyting to give them power.   like you said, fucking sheep.  play the imagrants or benifets card and look how people jump.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017