[PC Gamer] PC second strongest platform for Ubisoft game sales

Ramzinho

Source:

Ubisoft announced its sales results for the first quarter of its 2015-16 fiscal year, and while that sort of bidness news is not normally the sort of thing we devote too much time to around these parts, the report includes some very interesting figures regarding Ubisoft's sales on the PC.

The company reported sales for the quarter of €96.6 million/$106.7 million, a drop of 73.2 percent compared to the €360.1 million/$397.8 million earned over the same period last year (during which it released the big-selling Watch Dogs), but still well above the target of €80 million/$88.4 million. The strong performance, Ubisoft said, was driven largely by continuing strong sales of Assassin's Creed: Unity, Far Cry 4, The Crew, and Watch Dogs. Digital sales are also way up, totaling €54.1 million/$59.8 million and representing 56 percent of total sales, compared to just 23.2 percent last year.

All very nice. But what's interesting to us is the way those revenues break down by platform. The PC accounted for 23 percent of Ubisoft's sales this quarter, an amount only (and only slightly) surpassed by the PlayStation 4, which totaled 27 percent of sales. Xbox One sales made up just 11 percent of Ubisoft's sales for the quarter, as did the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The Wii U came in a distant last with three percent, and "other"—mobile and ancillaries—grabbed the remaining 14 percent. The PC's 23 percent share also represents a dramatic increase over the 14 percent of total sales last it achieved last year.

The figure is surprising not only because it's so high, but because it's Ubisoft, which has acquired something of a reputation for dropping the ball (off a cliff) when it comes to the PC, most notably with the fire-in-a-pet-shop launch that was Assassin's Creed Unity. Maybe I'm being too trusting, but it could also indicate that the company is serious when it says it's done dicking around. Money talks, as they say, and in this case seems to be shouting rather loudly.

Yeah Right. Cause we PC Gamers pirate everything !

I farking pay for shit.I don't wanna end up in a shit hole (prison)

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

im not sure what the last ubisoft game i brought was. last one i played was far cry 3 which i got for free with the never settle bundle

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I have trouble playing the Tek Syndicate unofficial minecraft server whilst watching a single video on youtube, even if I did pirate (which I don't), anything from ubisoft would be at the very bottom of my possible lists.

All thanks to Century Link's annoying ass, who has been throttling me even more since I I reported them to the FCC.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So if pure Capitalism were allowed to flourish the Xbox One would be getting the shit ports and PS4 and PC would be the platforms of choice.

Makes you wonder if Microsoft paying so much to devs on behalf of the Xbox One is going to continue -- can they really afford to make up for people just flat out not buying the game on that platform?

Just ubisoft go back to your good old days .

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I buy my games, but my legal Ubisoft games don't work without Uplay, which doesn't work and won't let me play. So for Ubishit even if I own the game I use the torrent.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

So... console sales are stronger than PC sales... who would've thought. Guess that explains why no one cares about the PC port.

I'm just glad that Steam Refunds because publishers can longer put out f*cking broken ass games anymore. The fact that WB was forced to PULL a game as massive at Batman is insane.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

So... console sales are stronger than PC sales... who would've thought. Guess that explains why no one cares about the PC port.

"Console" is PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Wii U. No shit if you add up all of those it's going to beat the one platform you've arbitrarily left on its own.

Hell why not say "Microsoft" is the biggest platform? Xbox One + Xbox 360 + PC is waaaay bigger than PS3, PS4 and Wii U.

Alternatively you could go by architecture. x86 vs Wii U + last gen?

I'm just glad that Steam Refunds because publishers can longer put out f*cking broken ass games anymore. The fact that WB was forced to PULL a game as massive at Batman is insane.

You know like they use Uplay now ?

I hope it changes and they like use GOG or make it DRM free.

yet they still have shitty launches

Only recently.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

You know like they use Uplay now ?

I hope it changes and they like use GOG or make it DRM free.

Only recently.

Yeah I know that but Steam is a huge margin of their sales I'm sure

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

still 23% doesn't mean shit for the people pushing those crappy console like quality .

About Uplay i don't mind , not every developer should pay 30% of their profits to Steam.

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

still 23% doesn't mean shit for the people pushing those crappy console like quality .

About Uplay i don't mind , not every developer should pay 30% of their profits to Steam.

but they do pay it to Microsoft or Sony on consoles. They should just use steam instead of forcing double drm, it works perfectly well.

Last game bought from Ubi was Far Cry 3. After that and all the problems they had with their games I pirated the rest.

but they do pay it to Microsoft or Sony on consoles. They should just use steam instead of forcing double drm, it works perfectly well.

yes because xbox is Microsoft platform/ps4 sony platform. PC is not steam platform, you can have a perfectly fine pc without steam.

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

yes because xbox is Microsoft platform/ps4 sony platform. PC is not steam platform, you can have a perfectly fine pc without steam.

Of course but if they insist on DRMs, Steam's way of doing it is fine and it actually works unlike Uplay