Which headphones should I use for gaming that have a great soundstage

ninjassassin167

I've been looking for a headset to use with a Modmic 4 from Antlion to replace my current headset. I was looking at the Akg K612 and Audio Technica Ath ad900x. The Akg didn't seem to have as great of a soundstage as the Audio Technicas but the Audio Technicas seemed to lack bass. I prefer to use open headphones. All suggestions are welcome. Also I wouldn't like to have to buy an amp, but will if necessary. Also what are some good amps to use with a desktop PC?

HD558's?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Sennheiser HD558 

Takstar Pro 80 closed or Takstar 2050 for an open version. I have the Gemini HSR and they sound incredible. Using them is like having a theater on your head.

sennheiser hd 558/598/600/650 depending on your budget

EDIT: oops, didn't see that you said you didn't have an amp  :wacko:

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

I would say the Audio Technica ATH-AD900X in my opinion.

sennheiser hd 558/598/600/650 depending on your budget

EDIT: oops, didn't see that you said you didn't have an amp  :wacko:

Those don't really need a amp anyway.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Can anyone recommend a good amp? I've heard the O2s are really good.

k712 or K7xx gets my recommendation, good soundstage, good bass.

For amp, schiit fulla should be enough

dont know your budget but i have the rs175 http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS-175-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B00SLUI5SA and OMG they are amazing. and for me at least watching movies and stuff at night i can lay in my bed with these and listen at any volume with out waking my gf up.

im ocd about cables, so wireless is only option for me

Can anyone recommend a good amp? I've heard the O2s are really good.

SMSL SD793-II is the best under $100 if you have optical-out on your motherboard. Accept no substitutes.

I've been looking for a headset to use with a Modmic 4 from Antlion to replace my current headset. I was looking at the Akg K612 and Audio Technica Ath ad900x. The Akg didn't seem to have as great of a soundstage as the Audio Technicas but the Audio Technicas seemed to lack bass. I prefer to use open headphones. All suggestions are welcome. Also I wouldn't like to have to buy an amp, but will if necessary. Also what are some good amps to use with a desktop PC?

Pretty much all open back headphones lack bass. I personally use Philips Fidelio X2s for their great soundstage and consistent sound signature. Sounds don't overpower each other and they have decent bass. I honestly couldn't recommend them more. They offer the most clear consistent sound I have ever heard in my entire life. Sounds come to absolute life with these things all with only a 30 ohm impedance. They cost around 300 dollars though so they aren't cheap. And a modmic may be tricky to place on them. As far as an amp goes you wouldn't really need one if you have a decent motherboard. But if you do, try out Fiio's E12 Mont Blanc. It has great reviews.

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

The Akg didn't seem to have as great of a soundstage as the Audio Technicas but the Audio Technicas seemed to lack bass. 

Did you try these in person, or is this just the impression you get from reviews/comparisons?