Does my GPU Bottleneck my CPU

do u think i will get at leaste 60 fps stable on low everything games

Not everything. And you could buy another GPU and get the most benefit from more performance...

/It's not unfeasible to save some money, when 1/3 away from your goal, put your current GPU up for sale, and then put those together for a new one.. or save upi slower than usual, bit by bit, i na year you'd be surprised how much you have.

My 260x OC @ 1150Mhz/1400Mhz

World of Tanks, Medium quality settings with HighQ textures @ 1080p = 60fps Vsync locked (a constant 60fps, no drops)

In BF:Hardline, I ran 1080p, on Low, with Textures on Ultra, and was getting 45-60fps

BF4 it's a little bit better and you can use medium with Ultra textures (goal was 50fps+ and it did it fine)

(With BF games, some maps are better in perf than others)

Many games it will be trial and error, run it, set to LOW with high texture quality.. see how it goes.

/Notice that Texture quality doesn't hinder much performance at all compared to other settings, and makes the game a WHOLE lot nicer, use High or Ultra Textures when available and lower all other things, get your baseline performance, if its over 60fps, enable more details, if its under 60fps, either lower resolution or deal with it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

will my i7 4790k bottleneck my r7 260x

your CPU is a 2015 Ferrari 458 Spider and your GPU is a 1974 Ford Pinto Wagon if that's what you want to know.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

i aint buying another gpu jeez

then the answer is yes your gpu does bottleneck  your cpu, but in no way could your cpu bottleneck your gpu. 

CPU Ryzen 5 3600 | Motherboard MSI B550 | RAM 32 GB Corsair Vengance Pro | GPU EVGA GTX 980ti | Case Corsair 4000X | Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD,  Team GX2 1TB SSD | PSU Sentey 850w 80+ Bronze | Cooling AMD Wraith RGB | PCPartPicker URL https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RN7kGc |

Not everything.

In BF:Hardline, I ran 1080p, on Low, with Textures on Ultra, and was getting 45-60fps

BF4 it's a little bit better and you can use medium with Ultra textures

Many games it will be trial and error, run it, set to LOW with high texture quality.. see how it goes.

/Notice that Texture quality doesn't hinder much performance at all compared to other settings, and makes the game a WHOLE lot nicer, use High or Ultra Textures when available and lower all other things, get your baseline performance, if its over 60fps, enable more details, if its under 60fps, either lower resolution or deal with it.

well my athalon ran bf4 low everything at stable 40-50 fps. since the i7 4790k is way more powerful would it preform better when theres alot of explosions that would lower fps on the athalon but not on the 4790k?

why, Its my specs

Why do you have an i7 and an absolutely terrible GPU..?

beacuse i can. beacuse im poor. because i do video editing and i do lots of gaming

:mellow: Yeah I get not having money to buy the best of the best but seriously that's so lopsided you would've gotten better performance with an i5 and a better card for the same money.

:mellow: Yeah I get not having money to buy the best of the best but seriously that's so lopsided you would've gotten better performance with an i5 and a better card for the same money.

ive done my homework and im not a noob to pc building. i knew what i was doing. an i5 dosent help as much as a 4790k when it comes to editing and rendering

he did say he doesn alot of rendering so the i7 is a better choice imo

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Massively. It is near impossible for a 4790k to bottleneck any current GPU config tho.

Really? You can't think of any GPU configuration that could be held back by any a 4790k or even a 5960X? I can think of one off the top of my head. There's absolutely no reason to run it -- none that I can conceive of, that is -- but it'll still be held back by a 4790k.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

ive done my homework and im not a noob to pc building. i knew what i was doing. an i5 dosent help as much as a 4790k when it comes to editing and rendering

he did say he doesn alot of rendering so the i7 is a better choice imo

Those extra four threads doooon't actually do that much more.

Wouldn't worry too much about the naysayers here..

Jealousy.

They may have a better GPU but WANT a better CPU, see yours and be like.. eww dat GPU.. but no matter, for what YOUR DOING,.. its perfect for your needs.

Just be mindful that... IT IS..WHAT IT IS... the GPU is no powerhouse, it will play titles at 1080p, but not at High settings AT ALL.

Just keep them on Low, with High-Ultra Textures and you'll be surely fine for most titles, and can use higher details at your own leasuire if you want.

Upgrade later on to a better GPU knowing your CPU is never going to be an issue for the longterm future.

/End Thread

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

will my i7 4790k bottleneck my r7 260x

You have 2,000+ mother fucken posts.... Wouldn't you know a fuck about this?

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Wouldn't worry too much about the naysayers here..

Jealousy.

They may have a better GPU but WANT a better CPU, see yours and be like.. eww dat GPU.. but no matter, for what YOUR DOING,.. its perfect for your needs.

Just be mindful that... IT IS..WHAT IT IS... the GPU is no powerhouse, it will play titles at 1080p, but not at High settings AT ALL.

Just keep them on Low, with High-Ultra Textures and you'll be surely fine for most titles, and can use higher details at your own leasuire if you want.

Upgrade later on to a better GPU knowing your CPU is never going to be an issue for the longterm future.

/End Thread

most helpful here :) thanks

i did, I wanted to make sure that it was bottlenecked. I tripple check everything

that's beyond triple checking.... With that many posts you should know that a 4790k will not bottleneck, unless you're rolling with 3 way sli.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

that's beyond triple checking.... With that many posts you should know that a 4790k will not bottleneck, unless you're rolling with 3 way sli.

why cant you accept the fact that I want to tripple check. Posts dont mean shit. Jesus

Those extra four threads doooon't actually do that much more.

then whats the point of the i7 then ? if your being a troll plz gtfo

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Higher profit margins.

There's not too many workloads that benefit from both higher clock speed and higher thread counts. (And those that are you're going to want X99 anyway for extra cores)  An i5 or a Xeon are both a lot cheaper and more specialized to the kind of workloads people will use them for.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Here:

Higher profit margins.

There's not too many workloads that benefit from both higher clock speed and higher thread counts. (And those that are you're going to want X99 anyway for extra cores)  An i5 or a Xeon are both a lot cheaper and more specialized to the kind of workloads people will use them for.

Having extra threads doesn't act the same as cores do for rendering, it's slightly faster for rendering having an extra thread dedicated to a core but it's not something to spend an extra $100 over.

Here:

Having extra threads doesn't act the same as cores do for rendering, it's slightly faster for rendering having an extra thread dedicated to a core but it's not something to spend an extra $100 over.

lets say i bought the 4690k what gpu costs 80 bucks -_-

With the extra $80 you could buy the NZXT HUE, Add that $80 on top of an existing GPU budget, up the capacity of an SSD chosen,.. many things...

That's not how math works..

4690k + $80 =/= a 4790k + a GPU

If you buy a 4690k you have almost $200 for a GPU budget which can get something very nice.

With the extra $80 you could buy the NZXT HUE, Add that $80 on top of an existing GPU budget, up the capacity of an SSD chosen,.. many things...

something that effects preformance not storage use nor asthestics