Weight loss

getrekt

I'm getting fatter and fatter by the day!

I'm 5' 10" and 85 kgs (don't know what that is for muricans)

Getting a scan done tomorrow to know my body fat percent and stuff and then gonna set a goal and try hard to achieve it.

Eating healthy and exercising without affecting my new found hobby (painting) and old hobbies (3D work and photography) and handling uni work with lots of projects is gonna be tough but also gonna try to get my ass on the saddle once again (cyclingftw) also gonna start going out for running

Let's see how this works out!

I'll keep you guys updated if you all are interested every 15 days (scan is every 15 days)

Post your goals and comments down below

Edit - forgot to mention that I'm an ex badminton player so my coach will push me hard anyways now that I have started playing again since yesterday

I'm rooting for you, I also in your same shoes, though I haven't taken any initiative to solve it, because I'm fucking lazy.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

You're using imperial and metric system at the same time (feet+kg) this hurts.

(you must be British)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Weight for the height seems normal to me. True just sitting in front of a PC all day is bad but you're not in a bad position, if you have any friends to play soccer or some sport every other day would help a lot, that's how I started and it's a lot easier to something when you have more people involved. Cycling is also awesome been doing it for a while, my goal is actually weight gain, I wanna get to 205 pounds from 193 where I am now.

That's not that bad, I don't know your body build type, or how much muscle you have. I'm 6'4 and 240. 

If you wanna lose weight go the the gym or run or something.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I'd give you some advice and insight into losing weight, but the fact you already know to have your body fat percentage measured tells me you kinda already know what you need to know. 

But, if you have any questions then feel free to ask anyway. 

Good luck with it. 

I'm rooting for you, I also in your same shoes, though I haven't taken any initiative to solve it, because I'm fucking lazy.

Thanks for your support! :D

I'll try hard!

Weight for the height seems normal to me. True just sitting in front of a PC all day is bad but you're not in a bad position, if you have any friends to play soccer or some sport every other day would help a lot, that's how I started and it's a lot easier to something when you have more people involved. Cycling is also awesome been doing it for a while, my goal is actually weight gain, I wanna get to 205 pounds from 193 where I am now.

Well I'm a ex badminton player and amateur cyclist

The last year was filled with projects and exams so left everything behind and got not too fat but lost stamina and power to a greater extent so trying to lose fat and gain the muscle I had

Don't eat shit. Eat vegetables, drink water, exercise, lift.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

That's not that bad, I don't know your body build type, or how much muscle you have. I'm 6'4 and 240.

If you wanna lose weight go the the gym or run or something.

Trying to be the fitter player I was

I'd give you some advice and insight into losing weight, but the fact you already know to have your body fat percentage measured tells me you kinda already know what you need to know.

But, if you have any questions then feel free to ask anyway.

Good luck with it.

Thanks for offering me help but I already have a dietician and coach as I was a player!

Thanks for your support! :D

Don't eat shit. Eat vegetables, drink water, exercise, lift.

Thanks for that neat little advice :)

@Slick you are the fittest looking guy in LMG. Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks for that neat little advice :)

Well, any nutritionist will tell you the same thing: you need to go on a calorie deficit diet. That combined with exercise will get you on your target weight in no time. 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Take a look at r/fitness they have some basic guides that are quite helpful. In terms of lifting you should try to perfect the main 3 which are deadlifting, squatting and using the bench press by perfecting i mean your technique. Also please don't skip leg day.

If only i could try but i am to lazy and like skittles to much.... I love watermelon as well though. 

I kinda know the feel of trying to lose weight. I've been attempting it lately without altering my diet too much, and nothing much has changed weight wise. But I have noticed that my gut and arms have slimmed down, and I have muscle definition forming in my arms which is nice.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I'm exactly the same weight and height as you!

Weightloss is really more simple than people make it look, you just need to get less calories than you burn every day. If you are REALLY active you could live of junk all day and still loose weight(I would not recommend it though).

If you do one hour high intensity training on the bike everyday and cut out all unnessecary sugars you will succede.

EDIT: Running is super hard and unforgiving at the start, if you can go running with someone experienced it would be excellent.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Take a look at r/fitness they have some basic guides that are quite helpful. In terms of lifting you should try to perfect the main 3 which are deadlifting, squatting and using the bench press by perfecting i mean your technique. Also please don't skip leg day.

I play badminton so no way I will skip leg day

Well, we all know that losing weight isnt easy but i am personally doing 10 minute exercises every singe day and the results are amazing. I wrote a full review of this 10 minute program on my blog, if you want to read it then here is the link: https://livingforeverhealthy.wordpress.com/

Thanks for that recommendation

I kinda know the feel of trying to lose weight. I've been attempting it lately without altering my diet too much, and nothing much has changed weight wise. But I have noticed that my gut and arms have slimmed down, and I have muscle definition forming in my arms which is nice.

Keep going and you will succeed!

Keep going and you will succeed!

I lost 3 pounds and put it back on, but it wasn't fat. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I lost 3 pounds and put it back on, but it wasn't fat. :D

Well reducing fat is the goal so you are surely doing dam good!

I'm exactly the same weight and height as you!

Weightloss is really more simple than people make it look, you just need to get less calories than you burn every day. If you are REALLY active you could live of junk all day and still loose weight(I would not recommend it though).

If you do one hour high intensity training on the bike everyday and cut out all unnessecary sugars you will succede.

EDIT: Running is super hard and unforgiving at the start, if you can go running with someone experienced it would be excellent.

Thanks for that running advice!

Bro with same specs! Lol

6'9 and 86kg here (190-ish lbs). Early May I went over the 100kg (220lbs) mark, which is the moment I decided to start exercising and stop eating junk and drinking soda. Now only drinking water and living on mostly salad.

My target weight according to my physician is 72kg (158lbs). Anything below 170 is fine with me, and I should reach that somewhere in August.