Weight loss

getrekt

6'9 

Really? Or typo.

I've found that a stationary bike + TV series is an amazing combo for losing weight. I'm 186 cm tall and have gone from 87kg to 76-77kg by using the bike while watching 1 episode a day without having stick to any particular diet.

Just make sure that you stick to the forms of exercise that you choose to do and don't try too hard. You'll just exhaust yourself mentally if you force yourself to do too much.

I've also found that being lazy can be beneficial when you want to lose weight as you can't be bothered to go to the store when you're craving for something tasty. :lol:

6'9 and 86kg here (190-ish lbs). Early May I went over the 100kg (220lbs) mark, which is the moment I decided to start exercising and stop eating junk and drinking soda. Now only drinking water and living on mostly salad.

My target weight according to my physician is 72kg (158lbs). Anything below 170 is fine with me, and I should reach that somewhere in August.

Isn't 72kg underweight for that height?

Really? Or typo.

Typo indeed. It's 5'8 (172cm)

Isn't 72kg underweight for that height?

It would put my BMI at 24.3, which is still on the high side of the 20-25 ideal zone.

I'm currently at 29.0 (overweight) and was 33.87 (well into the obese range) at my worst.

Edited by Captain Chaos

Typo again? Because 172cm is 5'8.  :P

oh ffs ! And I even did it twice !

Didn't even notice that I had the first one wrong as well.

So I was 175 pounds and I quit eating bad foods and in 2 weeks I lost 10 pounds. I was running alot and weight lifting a little. So I'm at 165lbs 5'10''. Basically, eat right and jog! 

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Typo indeed. It's 5'8 (172cm) It would put my BMI at 24.3, which is still on the high side of the 20-25 ideal zone.I'm currently at 29.0 (overweight) and was 33.87 (well into the obese range) at my worst.

I am 5,9-5,10, so 174 to 176 cm, depending on the time of the day.

I am currently at 100-104 kg (scale is off a lot), I was 110kg.

Just do calorie restriction to 2000 kcal and live your life (with 1 cheat day per week too). Pounds should slowly drop.

There's 4 things you need to do. The first and most important is diet. 

The other 3 are as follows:

Lift.

Lift.

Lift more.

2014 I dropped from a size 36US jean size and was getting tight and almost buying 38's to shopping for size 30 or 29 (if I could find them) skinny leg jeans the other day.

completely dropped all sweetened drinks and juices from my diet along with some controversial practices

my arms have stretch marks from my days as a fatass (luckily nowhere else besides armpit and well... crotch) I wear my stretch marks as a badge of pride.

40Fympu.jpg

2014 I dropped from a size 36US jean size and was getting tight and almost buying 38's to shopping for size 30 or 29 (if I could find them) skinny leg jeans the other day.

completely dropped all sweetened drinks and juices from my diet along with some controversial practices

my arms have stretch marks from my days as a fatass (luckily nowhere else besides armpit and well... crotch) I wear my stretch marks as a badge of pride.

40Fympu.jpgWell then the sizes I looked up last time don't match up at all.

It should still classify you as a fat ass at size 29. :P unless European measurements.

Well then the sizes I looked up last time don't match up at all.

It should still classify you as a fat ass at size 29. :P unless European measurements.

dunno what to say. I think the last time I was size 29 jeans it was before junior high school and as for last measurements I think I said I was size 32. which is just an aberation of store/brand sizing. this time I went to several stores and none of the 32's fit at all anywhere.

just wrapped a string around my waist and measured that. 84cm.. translate that to Euro sizing. as for size 36.. I dunno all I have is a size 34 left in my closet and even that I boiled the fuck out of it trying to shrink it down and that's about 100cm around.

dunno what to say. I think the last time I was size 29 jeans it was before junior high school and as for last measurements I think I said I was size 32. which is just an aberation of store/brand sizing. this time I went to several stores and none of the 32's fit at all anywhere.

just wrapped a string around my waist and measured that. 84cm.. translate that to Euro sizing. as for size 36.. I dunno all I have is a size 34 left in my closet and even that I boiled the fuck out of it trying to shrink it down and that's about 100cm around.

Don't even know my own waist measurement. Probably 100 something.

Well reducing fat is the goal so you are surely doing dam good!

Thanks! :)

And just since I haven't said it yet, good luck. It's actually been really easy for me so far (downloaded a few simple apps for situps, pushup, and one for squats).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

And just since I haven't said it yet, good luck. It's actually been really easy for me so far (downloaded a few simple apps for situps, pushup, and one for squats).

Thanks! :D

I'll post my scan results in a few hours (2-3 hrs) and then let's see how much far I have to go!

@LoneRangerS and other gentlemen the scan results came in and I did terrible!

5' 9 and three quarter inches

82.7 kgs

23.5 % body fat

Have to reduce it a lot!

Goal is 10-12 % body fat so I start today!

I'll keep you updated every 15 days (scan is every 15 days)

All you really need to do is lift weights, do cardio, and eat healthy. To lose weight you need to be consuming less calories then you burn, so you should track what you eat. Also, eat very often, it will speed up your metabolism

Bruh dont disrespect broscience   /s

Saaaawryy

do you even lift bruh fight me

jk

Used to...

All you really need to do is lift weights, do cardio, and eat healthy. To lose weight you need to be consuming less calories then you burn, so you should track what you eat. Also, eat very often, it will speed up your metabolism

@Slick you are the fittest looking guy in LMG. Any thoughts or comments?

No way Nick looks way more in shape. There's also a channel super fun video when he reaps a fucking fast ball water balloon like nobody's business.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm getting fatter and fatter by the day!

I'm 5' 10" and 85 kgs (don't know what that is for muricans)

Getting a scan done tomorrow to know my body fat percent and stuff and then gonna set a goal and try hard to achieve it.

Eating healthy and exercising without affecting my new found hobby (painting) and old hobbies (3D work and photography) and handling uni work with lots of projects is gonna be tough but also gonna try to get my ass on the saddle once again (cyclingftw) also gonna start going out for running

Let's see how this works out!

I'll keep you guys updated if you all are interested every 15 days (scan is every 15 days)

Post your goals and comments down below

Edit - forgot to mention that I'm an ex badminton player so my coach will push me hard anyways now that I have started playing again since yesterday

Best of luck.

70% diet and 30% working out for losing weight and staying healthy.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.