What Assassin's Creed to play

RammerBee

I wanna play AC but idk where to start, I read an article it said AC2 but that's too far back....so I was thinking from AC IV

But i have a question abut the Rouge, Unity, Syndicate how are they different from IV.

Compaq EXS MiniTower | Intel Celeron 800Mhz CPU | nVidia TNT 2 | 128 MB Ram | 4GB HDD

Costum Build | Intel Celeron 1.7 GHz | nVidia Quadro 980 xgl | VIA Motherboard l 128 MB | 1 GB Ram | 80 GB HDD  

Dell OptiPlex| Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz HT| Intergrated Graphics| 1.5 GB Ram| 320 GB HDD

Costum Build 2012| Intel i5-3330| Asus GT 630| ASUS P8-B75-M LX PLUS| 500 BG HDD

Fijutsu Siemens Amilo Pi 1505

Toshiba A205-S4577

DELL Ispiron 15r N5110

HP Pavilion G6 2012

HP ProBook 450 G1 | Intel Core i5-4200M | AMD Radeon 8750M | 4GB 1600MHz Ram | 750 GB HDD

The first one and then the second one. And that's all.

But if you only wish to play the newer ones...III was good.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

First AC is best AC in my opinion. Followed by 2 and Brotherhood.

There really isn't anything "too far back" in AC. They all play (mostly) the same, and the graphics have been great since the beginning.

I'd really suggest starting with the first one. There is a ton of lore and story that just won't make any sense at all if you start later in the series.

The first game set the standard, the second game improved upon the gameplay in a lot of ways (and introduced the fan-favorite character), Brotherhood did some cool things, Revelations was kinda worthless, AC3 was OK but Connor is a punk, AC4 was fantastic in my opinion, Rogue is stupid (and basically just the gameplay of AC4 copy/pasted with a bunch of activities removed, Unity was broken (not sure if it still is), and nobody knows about Syndicate because it isn't out yet.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

AC was pretty terrible and feels dated IMO, AC2 was cool.. Never played any of the other ones.

The older games dont even really matter for the story, they always play in a different time with a small link between them and I can give a 2 line summary of the first game and you would know what is going on :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

AC was pretty terrible and feels dated IMO, AC2 was cool.. Never played any of the other ones.

The older games dont even really matter for the story, they always play in a different time with a small link between them and I can give a 2 line summary of the first game and you would know what is going on :P

You didn't play anything after 2, and then you say the story of the first games doesn't matter. Seems legit.  :rolleyes:

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Whaf i want to do us play the game for like a week or two..so i guess ill start the VI

Compaq EXS MiniTower | Intel Celeron 800Mhz CPU | nVidia TNT 2 | 128 MB Ram | 4GB HDD

Costum Build | Intel Celeron 1.7 GHz | nVidia Quadro 980 xgl | VIA Motherboard l 128 MB | 1 GB Ram | 80 GB HDD  

Dell OptiPlex| Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz HT| Intergrated Graphics| 1.5 GB Ram| 320 GB HDD

Costum Build 2012| Intel i5-3330| Asus GT 630| ASUS P8-B75-M LX PLUS| 500 BG HDD

Fijutsu Siemens Amilo Pi 1505

Toshiba A205-S4577

DELL Ispiron 15r N5110

HP Pavilion G6 2012

HP ProBook 450 G1 | Intel Core i5-4200M | AMD Radeon 8750M | 4GB 1600MHz Ram | 750 GB HDD

You didn't play anything after 2, and then you say the story of the first games doesn't matter. Seems legit.  :rolleyes:

So just because I haven't played it doesn't mean I haven't read up on them and don't have friends who played all games who have told me about the story?

Mmkay, nice assumption. 

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

So just because I haven't played it doesn't mean I haven't read up on them and don't have friends who played all games who have told me about the story?

Mmkay, nice assumption. 

It doesn't matter. I could summarize any story for you for just about any game and you wouldn't have the whole picture. Not to mention the simple fact that hearing about something from someone else is only giving you their opinion, and likely not an accurate portrayal of what is going on.

Obviously, someone who doesn't care enough to pay attention to the story isn't going to think that there is anything there. Someone who didn't even care to play the games is going to know even less.

Basically, I'm pointing out the fact that you're not really qualified to give advice on a series you haven't even played.

I would recommend trying out the first one. The series is not backwards-playing friendly, since features will be absent the further you go back. If you try out the newer ones and decide to go back, well, just be prepared. At least read up on some backstory of the earlier entries first, if not you might not understand some plot details.

It doesn't matter. I could summarize any story for you for just about any game and you wouldn't have the whole picture. Not to mention the simple fact that hearing about something from someone else is only giving you their opinion, and likely not an accurate portrayal of what is going on.

Obviously, someone who doesn't care enough to pay attention to the story isn't going to think that there is anything there. Someone who didn't even care to play the games is going to know even less.

Basically, I'm pointing out the fact that you're not really qualified to give advice on a series you haven't even played.

k den.

reading up on the story and watching lets plays doesn't count apparently. Not trying to start an argument, but I'm some dumbass giving advice on stuff he doesn't know anything about.

I haven't really played any of the games, but Black Flag seems to be the most interesting. The sea battles look fun and from what I've heard it's the only game where you can spend your money on something actually interesting(your ship and crew).

The main story through the franchise seems to a real clusterfuck though.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

Not trying to start an argument, but I'm some dumbass giving advice on stuff he doesn't know anything about.

Relax people, remember, everything is permitted.

Relax people, remember, everything is permitted.

I COULD NOT BE ANY MORE CALM

I COULD NOT BE ANY MORE CALM

Reading your reply along with your avatar is hilarious xD

Start at the beginning like a normal person?

I'm kidding

AC2 (Brotherhood, Revelations) - Good

AC3 - Sucked

AC4 - Pretty Decent

AC:U - Still Unplayable is what I'm told

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

I LOOOOOOOVED Black Flag. Still one of the best games ive played from the last few years.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Actually Freedom Cry is a good one to give you a taste of the AC games. Generally similar to the other entries in terms of overall gameplay, and it is pretty much self-contained and way shorter to complete. You should be able to tell if you'll like the AC series.

Black Flag is actually pretty good, and pretty refreshing with the pirate ship aspect of it. Unity also a good game, but bad performance and bugs hinders some people from enjoying this game fully. If you can look past that its actually pretty fun.

I've played every Assassin's Creed game and I think AC2 would be where I would start.

The first game was quite repetitive and I thought was an unfinished product. Assassin's Creed is where the game really shines. Everything including the gameplay mechanics, city and plot were very well done. The same could be said about Brotherhood and less so in Revelations. It seems not a lot of people liked III, but I thought it was pretty good. IV and Rogue were thoroughly enjoyable with the naval comabt aspect.

As for Unity, I thought the game had real potential. The city was extremely well done and the game looks amazing. The game mechanics were significantly improved especially the freerunning downwards aspect. If the game did not have the performance issues that it did, I think Unity would have been my favourite Assassin's Creed game. Another selling point for the game was the co-op, which I have not been able to try since no one else bought the game. I will definitely be revisiting the game once something more powerful is able to show Unity's full potential.

In general I love the franchise and I hope you will too.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

anything that isn't Unity is good to play.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

AC2 is probably where you should start, as others have said. And there is no reason behind it being to old. The games still play and look about the same.

The 2 games between AC2 and AC3 are basically expansions and more or less straight copies of AC2. With very few added mechanics. Unless you are a fan of the story or characters you can skip those.

AC3 was quite boring in terms of story and characters. And on PC it is quite buggy. Runs OK, but you might get some some mission scripting problem and invisible objects.

Black Flag is worth playing since they added a lot of stuff to do with ships and that gives more variety to the game.

Ac2 is imo the best game in the series. Has a great story and a memorable main character (unlike the others in the series).
Assasins creed 4 as others said is also very good. Has a varied open world and also has ships.
Assasin's creed rouge has all the good things of ac4 and also has probably the darkest story in the whole assasin's creed series. And it is also optimized extremely well (a core 2 duo runs this game well).