HELP: PC appears to Blue Screen whenever the CPU is under low system load.

Go to solution Solved by Bjoolz,

Five out of the six dump files show the issue happening immediately after the PPM (Processor Power Management) orders a power state transition. It finds a page fault, a page being a contiguous section of memory. The last one was a memory error when doing an IO task. This feels like the CPU to me. I know I said memory errors and page faults, but when it's memory it's completely random what data is corrupted so it will blame all kinds of random stuff. This is too consistent. If the CPU has issues, you can get also get memory errors. You also tested with one stick at a time (I assume you tried the other one as well?) which is good enough for me to exclude RAM. With all the things that have been tested, I don't really have any suggestions for software or easy things to rule out. 

If the CPU is under warranty I would return it. If it's not under warranty, and if you can do this with an AMD board, disable C-States. The C-States are the different power states a CPU can be in. With it disabled, it only has one gear which is full throttle. This might increase power use at idle. I'm finding very few threads on this on google with AMD boards. I found an older video with someone using an AMD MSI board, on their board it was under Overclocking and called Globale C-State Control.

It could also be the motherboard just because that's how everything connects.

Just to give some insight into what I'm seeing. It starts with the kernel asking for a power idle transition.

nt!KiIdleLoop+0x54
nt!PoIdle+0x374

Then the PPM executes it

nt!PpmIdleExecuteTransition+0x165e
nt!PpmIdleUpdateConcurrency+0x55

Then the kernel finds a page fault and orders a bugcheck (Bugcheck being what Microsoft calls a BSOD).

nt!KiPageFault+0x478
nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
nt!KeBugCheckEx

Note that I have reversed the order of the stack here from what you would see in the dump file because it's read from the bottom and up in the debugger. 

There is nothing else happening in 5/6 dump files, it's those exact commands each time. Nothing else. 

Hello, for the past month and a half I've been encountering BSODs with the error codes; "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE" and "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL." I have been trying to figure out why this has been happening for far too long and feel like I've exhausted almost every option when it comes to figuring this out. For more context before I list my specs and what I've done to try and fix this. I believe the issue to be my CPU since my PC only seems to blue screen when I'm either not doing anything or just chilling and watching YouTube or using the internet as normal, I have been able to play games such as; Destiny 2, Ready or Not and The First Descendant Technical Test. What I have started doing is leaving Destiny 2 open on my second monitor and staying tabbed into it so that it pushes high FPS and usually sits around 25% usage of my CPU which pushes my total CPU usage to around the 30%s. This has worked to stop me from blue screening reliably. However, some other games like The Quarry and Trombone Champ haven't prevented my system from crashing, I know that Trombone Champ is not CPU intensive but I haven't looked at my CPU in The Quarry just yet. I will zip and upload my most recent dump files in case they can be of any use to anyone.

PC Specs

• CPU- Ryzen 7 5800X3D
  • Mobo- MSI X570S Tomahawk MAX WIFI
  • RAM- Corsair 2x16gb DDR4-3600 CL18
  • GPU- GeForce RTX3070Ti MSI Gaming X Trio
  • SSDs- 1Tb Crucial P5 Plus (Boot Drive) 2Tb Crucial P5 Plus (Games Drive)
  • PSU- Corsair RM850x

What I've tried so far

• I have ran memtests on my RAM sticks individually (Both Memtest86 and Windows)
  • I have reinstalled Windows twice 
  • I have tried "sfc scannow" and "CHKDSK" in CMD
  • I have updated every driver and even uninstalled my Nvidia drivers and reinstalled it
  • I have tried running my PC with just 1 stick of RAM (I managed to go 6 days in a row without blue screening when I did this but then randomly got 4 blue screens in one day despite changing nothing.)
  • I have tried disabling XMP
  • I have updated my BIOS and AMD chipset drivers
  • I have turned off PBO in my BIOS for my CPU

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, I'll leave a link to my most recent dumpfiles below.

Dump files - https://pixeldrain.com/u/9y9WpZvh 

Five out of the six dump files show the issue happening immediately after the PPM (Processor Power Management) orders a power state transition. It finds a page fault, a page being a contiguous section of memory. The last one was a memory error when doing an IO task. This feels like the CPU to me. I know I said memory errors and page faults, but when it's memory it's completely random what data is corrupted so it will blame all kinds of random stuff. This is too consistent. If the CPU has issues, you can get also get memory errors. You also tested with one stick at a time (I assume you tried the other one as well?) which is good enough for me to exclude RAM. With all the things that have been tested, I don't really have any suggestions for software or easy things to rule out. 

If the CPU is under warranty I would return it. If it's not under warranty, and if you can do this with an AMD board, disable C-States. The C-States are the different power states a CPU can be in. With it disabled, it only has one gear which is full throttle. This might increase power use at idle. I'm finding very few threads on this on google with AMD boards. I found an older video with someone using an AMD MSI board, on their board it was under Overclocking and called Globale C-State Control.

It could also be the motherboard just because that's how everything connects.

Just to give some insight into what I'm seeing. It starts with the kernel asking for a power idle transition.

nt!KiIdleLoop+0x54
nt!PoIdle+0x374

Then the PPM executes it

nt!PpmIdleExecuteTransition+0x165e
nt!PpmIdleUpdateConcurrency+0x55

Then the kernel finds a page fault and orders a bugcheck (Bugcheck being what Microsoft calls a BSOD).

nt!KiPageFault+0x478
nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
nt!KeBugCheckEx

Note that I have reversed the order of the stack here from what you would see in the dump file because it's read from the bottom and up in the debugger. 

There is nothing else happening in 5/6 dump files, it's those exact commands each time. Nothing else. 

Thank you so much for your response and actually explaining what's going on. Going off the information you gave me I feel like the more long term solution would be to change out the CPU, I was preparing to maybe have to do this and I think I might upgrade to the AM5 platform since this would mean swapping all the components that seem most likely to be causing my issues.