LG Ultragear 32GR93U .ICC file?

Edward78

Where is a good 1? I want the best images I can have one here.

GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX (AM4 AMD/B550/Mini-Itx/Dual M.2/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 1/WiFi 6/2.5 GbE LAN/PCIe4.0/Realtek ALC1220-Vb/DisplayPort 1.4/2xHDMI 2.0B/RGB Fusion 2.0/DDR4/Gaming Motherboard) ,AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked 4.7 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

No one profile is the best.

If you want the best for your monitor, you should invest in a calibration tool. Like Datacolor Spyder.

You can also rent one such tools for cheaper:

https://www.lensrentals.com/rent/calibrite-colorchecker-studio

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

31 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

No one profile is the best.

If you want the best for your monitor, you should invest in a calibration tool. Like Datacolor Spyder.

You can also rent one such tools for cheaper:

https://www.lensrentals.com/rent/calibrite-colorchecker-studio

RTINGS.com is seposed yo have them right? They are linked in the reviews right?

GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX (AM4 AMD/B550/Mini-Itx/Dual M.2/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 1/WiFi 6/2.5 GbE LAN/PCIe4.0/Realtek ALC1220-Vb/DisplayPort 1.4/2xHDMI 2.0B/RGB Fusion 2.0/DDR4/Gaming Motherboard) ,AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked 4.7 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

15 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

Yes, they do.

It would be in the "Color Accuracy (Post-Calibration)" part.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/32gr93u-b

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

17 hours ago, Edward78 said:

All monitors look slightly different and require a different calibration profile.

Even if you purchase two identical monitors, they will not look identical.

This means RTINGS doesn’t recommend you use their profile.. but they still provide it for people who choose to ignore that advice lol.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

An .ICC profile made on another unit is just as likely to make your accuracity worse. I'd suggest not using these. If you really care that much, spending $150 on a decent colorimeter will get you perfect accuracity for the current monitor and all future models you'll buy.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

5 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

An .ICC profile made on another unit is just as likely to make your accuracity worse. I'd suggest not using these. If you really care that much, spending $150 on a decent colorimeter will get you perfect accuracity for the current monitor and all future models you'll buy.

Ok, I think Win11 might be the issue HWINFO, the colors are not right, thiis is before my new MB.1713651556570-png.187693

1713719349260-png.187722

29 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

Ok, I think Win11 might be the issue HWINFO, the colors are not right, thiis is before my new MB.

UI colors and monitor calibration are two independent things.

Before your new MB... like motherboard? What?

Why did you replace your motherboard in the middle of calibrating your monitor?

| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

1 hour ago, saintlouisbagels said:

UI colors and monitor calibration are two independent things.

Before your new MB... like motherboard? What?

Why did you replace your motherboard in the middle of calibrating your monitor?

I never calobated, my old motherboard was going bad. What freat timing, when I got into the Pax Dai alpha. To make things worse I have Vision issues with my retna ^ cornea, both need speceilists. I have to use dark mode, light is superbright. Also Manjaro KDE Plasma 6 seems abit of. Like some tape is over the screens, with just a tiny white tint. This shot is from a video, this one.

I have brightness at 50 in Kde & game mode 1 on the monitor.

Screenshot_20240528_115134.png

According to RTINGS, you can just put the monitor into the "sRGB" mode to have fairly good color accuracy for most SDR content (which targets sRGB). However, the sRGB mode does limit a lot of settings in the OSD. If you want to still have access to those settings while maintaining an accurate image, you can put the monitor into the "Gamer 1" picture mode and download the ICC profile provided by RTINGS.

Yes, it is true that every display has manufacturing tolerances, so an ICC profile generated from 1 unit is not going to exactly represent another unit, even if they are the same make and model. However, the ICC profile will still be representative enough to give you benefits in color accuracy vs the default "Gamer 1" mode, which likely over-saturates a majority of SDR content.

That said, ICC profiles and color management are a hell of a beast, and require a lot of understanding about how they interact with the OS and software, and also how color science works. So my best recommendation is to just put the monitor in the "sRGB" and call it a day. You can also just use the monitor in whatever picture mode looks good to you. Color accuracy isn't really that important unless you are losing money because of it, which usually only happens in very specific fields and workflows.

I will try to find the file just need to find the download link.

1 hour ago, Edward78 said:

I will try to find the file just need to find the download link.

LG Ultragear 32GR93U already looks great without calibration.

If you think things looks ugly on your display, it is not the display's fault, it is the content you are viewing and whatever settings you've changed beyond Default settings.

I am, in fact, referring to your other thread where you were viewing a video from a creator with terrible in-game settings that made everything look too bright.

image.jpeg.1c84cb5012201f275bfdc699a448c246.jpeg

21 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

LG Ultragear 32GR93U already looks great without calibration.

If you think things looks ugly on your display, it is not the display's fault, it is the content you are viewing and whatever settings you've changed beyond Default settings.

I am, in fact, referring to your other thread where you were viewing a video from a creator with terrible in-game settings that made everything look too bright.

image.jpeg.1c84cb5012201f275bfdc699a448c246.jpeg

Nut ugly, just wondering what the oddness is with the windows color scheme. Yoe've seen the HWINFO shots right? Besides That things look fine.