First Patch for Arkham Knight released

asim1999

Yeah I've tried that and it doesn't really make it perform that much better.

Worked for me. Improved the fps a lot. I think the SLI profile was fixed according to the last post from WB I saw. I will try it tonight.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

For Grand Theft Auto V. Rockstar North is the developer and Rockstar Games is the publisher. http://store.steampowered.com/app/271590/

Take-Two Interactive is a distributer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_V

For Max Payne 3. Rockstar Studios is the developer and Rockstar Games is the publisher http://store.steampowered.com/app/204100/

Take-Two Interactive is a distributer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Payne_3

http://www.take2games.com/

T2 published GTA V, R* Games published it's ports.

If that's true then why does every developer on the planet do it console first, pc second?

Money and platform uniformity are primary reasons. Also Sony and Microsoft help with costs of development and marketing, especially for studios making platform exclusives.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

We would rage a bit. But when they eventually release a high quality PC version we would praise them and give them our money.

prime example- GTA V

I don't know. As good as a port that ended up being, let's remember we still got it about two years after everyone else. There comes a point when they are genuinely taking the piss.

If every game developer took this approach we'd be generally a whole game in the franchise out of date -- we'd be getting Tomb Raider 2013, for example, just in time for Rise of the Tomb Raider to hit Xbox One. Hard to believe the PC as a platform would remain relevant if its games are so old by the time they are released.

Tomb Raider 2013, by the way, being a fantastic port that scales well with up to four graphics cards and seems to do well on a range of different CPUs too, so let's not pretend that we need to get games two years late for them to work. Our expectations are the bare fucking minimum that people who pay £40 for something are entitled to -- that thing actually functioning, and throwing them a bone like like is not up to us to do.

http://www.take2games.com/

T2 published GTA V, R* Games published it's ports.

They distributed the game. Either way Take-Two Interactive owns Rockstar.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I already know Assassin's Creed Syndicate is trash. Battlefront is meh honestly. Division... fuck uplay. EA and Ubisoft screw us over once again :) 

I already know Assassin's Creed Syndicate is trash. Battlefront is meh honestly. Division... fuck uplay. EA and Ubisoft screw us over once again :)

I'm leaning to conclude the same but I'll give them the benefit of doubt til the reviews and feedback come in.

Syndicate could be just more of Unity, Battlefront is a fraction of what a "full" Star Wars game should be. Division will have a hard time not falling short of what Ubi portrayed it to be like so far.

I still haven't finished Witcher 3, doing a completionist run. Witcher 3 shames typical AAA games in terms of content quality & quantity, the two upcoming expansion packs would likely be released as a stand alone sequel if it were EA's IP.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I don't know. As good as a port that ended up being, let's remember we still got it about two years after everyone else. There comes a point when they are genuinely taking the piss.

If every game developer took this approach we'd be generally a whole game in the franchise out of date -- we'd be getting Tomb Raider 2013, for example, just in time for Rise of the Tomb Raider to hit Xbox One. Hard to believe the PC as a platform would remain relevant if its games are so old by the time they are released.

Tomb Raider 2013, by the way, being a fantastic port that scales well with up to four graphics cards and seems to do well on a range of different CPUs too, so let's not pretend that we need to get games two years late for them to work. Our expectations are the bare fucking minimum that people who pay £40 for something are entitled to -- that thing actually functioning, and throwing them a bone like like is not up to us to do.

Well of course we don't want every publisher to start doing that. And they won't; there is too much money to be made on PC.

But releasing late is far better than releasing a bad game.

In the case of the upcoming Tomb Raider game... they deserve a lot of hate not because they are delaying the PC and PS4 versions. But because they accepted a bribe from Microsoft to do so... That's extremely unethical and immoral. I am considering not buying that game at all even when they do release their (what will probably) well optimized PC version eventually.

Well of course we don't want every publisher to start doing that. And they won't; there is too much money to be made on PC.

But releasing late is far better than releasing a bad game.

In the case of the upcoming Tomb Raider game... they deserve a lot of hate not because they are delaying the PC and PS4 versions. But because they accepted a bribe from Microsoft to do so... That's extremely unethical and immoral. I am considering not buying that game at all even when they do release their (what will probably) well optimized PC version eventually.

That's a different issue entirely, but the result is the same. Only this time Play Station users have to wait as well as us.

Frankly our choices shouldn't be "wait a couple of years, or suffer a broken game". The fact that people think that is a positive thing shows how low our expectations are as a market. No, we shouldn't settle for this bullshit.

I wish people would stop believing it takes years to make good PC ports.

Anyway, here is a video of Jim Sterling dissecting the Arkham Knight launch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_euReGOTGk

That's a different issue entirely, but the result is the same. Only this time Play Station users have to wait as well as us.

Frankly our choices shouldn't be "wait a couple of years, or suffer a broken game". The fact that people think that is a positive thing shows how low our expectations are as a market. No, we shouldn't settle for this bullshit.

I am not saying we should settle for 'wait' or 'suffer a broken game'. I know that PC can be developed in parallel with equal quality.

My point is we cannot dictate to publishers / developers which platforms they prioritize. That's their choice and it should remain so. There are so many developers that make PC exclusives, or who have ported their games to consoles later. It's a free world. If you or I decide to make a game today nobody can dictate to us which platforms we prioritize, that is our choice. Even if we stick to PC we can choose whether to sell on origin, on steam, on gog, on our own or any combination of those. That's choice.

There are companies like Blizzard, Valve, Cloud Imperium etc who prioritize PC. That's their choice (for whatever reason). In the same way there are devs who prioritize console.

The only thing we can demand from devs is

-When you do sell us something make sure the quality is right. This goes for any platform. If you take money you have the responsibility to deliver a good product.

-Do not accept immoral million dollar pay-offs to limit your games to certain platforms. This is different from voluntarily choosing to focus on certain platforms.

After reading 3 pages of complaints and useless information.  Does anybody have any comments as to what the latest patch did to the game other than reading the patch notes?  Any first hand experience of how the patch affects the game?  

I have a potato!

I have not had problems with the game since launch.

I must say I am not a fan of the 30fps lock, but the game is still beautiful and I get a steady 30 even in the batmobile.

I am very fortunate to not have any problems with the game so far and it is quite fun.

I hope they fix it soon so that the rest of you can play. I think you will love it.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Disabling Nvidia smoke if not already helps most people gain a lot back, some still get stuttering though.

I leave it all enabled, and locked to 35fps, for now...

/I don't get the HUGE HUGE HUGE stutters and hitches I've seen on YT about this game, but the micro stutters are there.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I am not saying we should settle for 'wait' or 'suffer a broken game'. I know that PC can be developed in parallel with equal quality.

My point is we cannot dictate to publishers / developers which platforms they prioritize. That's their choice and it should remain so. There are so many developers that make PC exclusives, or who have ported their games to consoles later. It's a free world. If you or I decide to make a game today nobody can dictate to us which platforms we prioritize, that is our choice. Even if we stick to PC we can choose whether to sell on origin, on steam, on gog, on our own or any combination of those. That's choice.

There are companies like Blizzard, Valve, Cloud Imperium etc who prioritize PC. That's their choice (for whatever reason). In the same way there are devs who prioritize console.

The only thing we can demand from devs is

-When you do sell us something make sure the quality is right. This goes for any platform. If you take money you have the responsibility to deliver a good product.

-Do not accept immoral million dollar pay-offs to limit your games to certain platforms. This is different from voluntarily choosing to focus on certain platforms.

Of course we can dictate what we like -- we can just not buy products from companies who repeatedly rip off their consumers. We can use sales to play games from companies whom we have decided we can no longer trust with risking paying full price.

Take GTAV for example. I am not going to pay full price, which is £40, for a game that came out in 2013. Just on principle, I am not going to pay that amount of money for a product that is so old. If enough people did the same, if they didn't pre-order, if they didn't buy on day one, or they used Steam's refund system whenever these companies did something they didn't like you bet things would change. It would hurt their bottom line.

After reading 3 pages of complaints and useless information.  Does anybody have any comments as to what the latest patch did to the game other than reading the patch notes?  Any first hand experience of how the patch affects the game?  

The patch does what the patch notes say. No more, no less. The added graphical features may have made it slightly more demanding, but that's it.

The patch does what the patch notes say. No more, no less. The added graphical features may have made it slightly more demanding, but that's it.

Is this what you experienced? 

Specs are in my sig.  I just noticed yesterday that a patch was applied to the game. The game runs a lot smoother now (modified config file to unlock the 30 fps) and they also got rid of the nasty motion blur.  It still dips into the 30 fps  when I call the batmobile and drive around.  Walking around on foot I get good frame rates.  The textures still look ok.....but it is still playable.  Bare in mind that I am probably only the select few with my setup so I can't speak for all. 

What I am trying to figure out is how well it runs now compared to others.  Did the patch make it somewhat playable?  I can read the patch notes.  I want to know how others have fared.  I have read Steams web board but would figure I would get a better answer here instead of bitches and complaints on Steam.  Again, is this what you experienced?  I could care less what the patch notes says.

I have a potato!

At least this patch gives us the same effects as the PS4 version  <_<

I did a video comparison between the game with the patch and without it:

Let's hope they keep releasing little patches like this every 1-2 days until the big one that fixes a lot of things!

PC Master Race:

3930K @ 4.8Ghz | 16GB G.Skill 2133 CL11 | Asus Rampage Extreme IV | Full Custom WaterCooling loop (CPU+RAM+MB) | 3x Gigabyte GTX980 (TriSli) --> 2x Gigabyte Titan X (SLI) | 2x Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB (512Gb Raid0 ) |Asus ROG Swift P278Q

200MB/s Symmetric Internet connection: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4197705212

The damage has been done nothing matter from now... except when i  buy the GOTY edition for 5$ again, same goes for Witcher3 enhanced edition cause 5$ is all its worth.

Witcher 3 is honestly even worth $60.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Is this what you experienced? 

Specs are in my sig.  I just noticed yesterday that a patch was applied to the game. The game runs a lot smoother now (modified config file to unlock the 30 fps) and they also got rid of the nasty motion blur.  It still dips into the 30 fps  when I call the batmobile and drive around.  Walking around on foot I get good frame rates.  The textures still look ok.....but it is still playable.  Bare in mind that I am probably only the select few with my setup so I can't speak for all. 

What I am trying to figure out is how well it runs now compared to others.  Did the patch make it somewhat playable?  I can read the patch notes.  I want to know how others have fared.  I have read Steams web board but would figure I would get a better answer here instead of bitches and complaints on Steam.  Again, is this what you experienced?  I could care less what the patch notes says.

It might have been a bit smoother, but it still looks and runs way better with the lock on. Not even close honestly. I have a friend with low-end PC who experienced slightly worse performance though.

It might have been a bit smoother, but it still looks and runs way better with the lock on. Not even close honestly. I have a friend with low-end PC who experienced slightly worse performance though.

Yeah, I am about to turn on the 30fps lock just because I want it to run better. Thanks for that

I have a potato!

Old news, and duh.

I know about the list of improvements and stuff, but don't remember them saying it's gonna take some time. Well nvm then.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I know about the list of improvements and stuff, but don't remember them saying it's gonna take some time. Well nvm then.

That was the exact wording from the announcement of the patch. It was also obvious. This port was clearly released in an alpha state, if not pre-alpha. This won't be fully finished before September.