Best for 1080p?

ker2015

Is the GTX 970 still king for 1080p (that or the R9-290x)? I am planning on building a PC for 1080p gaming and I want to run everything at max settings. The price range for the graphics card is mid $300 to early $400.

Thanks in advance,

Chickenpuffball

It's still great.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Is the GTX 970 still king for 1080p (that or the R9-290x)? I am planning on building a PC for 1080p gaming and I want to run everything at max settings. The price range for the graphics card is mid $300 to early $400.

Thanks in advance,

Chickenpuffball

Yes. And for your range assuming it is in USD you can get the Gigabyte G1 Gaming and OC the hell out of it.

970 all the way! what games will you be playing?

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

970 all the way! what games will you be playing?

You can see my Steam library on my profile. :)

King of 1080P? 3-4 Way OC 980ti/Titan X :D.

i had to

Anyways i'd probably go for the 970 :3. i'd usually go 970 over 290x, usually because of temp's and features for me. though i believe the 290X has a slight edge over the 970 for performance and a extra 512mb of faster memory.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

King of 1080P? 3-4 Way OC 980ti/Titan X :D.

i had to

Anyways i'd probably go for the 970 :3. i'd usually go 970 over 290x.

Ok, I will try to use my MTN Doo and Doritos in SLI and CF in the same time. :D

Ok, I will try to use my MTN Doo and Doritos in SLI and CF in the same time. :D

If you go reference OC 290X 4 way SLI i think you will literally Blaze it > :D.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

You can have any GTX 970 with that budget.  Enjoy it!

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

If you go reference 290X 4 way SLI i think you will literally Blaze it >:D.

But first you have to remove all fans from your PC. If you don't then Lord Gaben will steal your Chroma cases. >:)

You can have any GTX 970 with that budget. Enjoy it!

I think I'll go with that, thanks!

the 970 is still the best value card for 1080p, you can get a binned card like the g1 gaming and oc it that it performs like a stock 980

Thanks in advance,

Chickenpuffball

The 390 is about the same price and is beating the 970 now. The 390 has the added benefit of having 8gb of memory which will help if you ever decide to crossfire or simply playing games that require more than 3.5gb.