Batman performance isn't broken, it was meant to be like that. (INFO INSIDE)

leelaa14

So, we can pretty much confirm that the performance out of batman isn't broken, it was meant to be like that.
Granted there are some performance issues but the overall part of it is basically as intended.

The minimum specs are meant to be played in 720p capped at 30

the recommended are to bring it on par with next gen consoles and capped at 30

the ultra specs which include needs a 980 are meant to be played at...well they confirmed they haven't tested this part yet.

"Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We are aware that there are performance issues for some users playing Batman: Arkham Knight on PC.  WB Games is working diligently with our development teams, NVIDIA and AMD, to identify and fix the issues as quickly as possible. 

Please know that we value input from those who are playing the game and we are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support.  If you are experiencing any issues with the game, please be sure to report it to support.wbgames.com.

In the meantime, we wanted to provide recommended, in-game graphical settings for those with minimum and recommend specs hardware.  We will provide recommended settings for the Ultra specs as soon as we are able to conduct more tests. At the bottom of this post, you can find additional information that may help alleviate some of the most frequent issues that some players are experiencing.  Also, for reference, we have included a list of the minimum, recommended, and ultra hardware requirements.

If you purchased your copy of the game through Steam and are not satisfied with your experience, you can request a refund at help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds).

Thank you for your patience as we work on resolving these issues and please be sure to check back for updates.

Minimum Hardware Specs
(or equivalent)
Resolution: 1280x720
V-Sync: Off
Anti-Aliasing: Off
Texture Resolution: Low
Shadow Quality: Low
Level of Detail: Low
Interactive Smoke/Fog: Off
Interactive Paper Debris: Off
Enhanced Rain: Off
Enhanced Light Shafts: Off

Expected:  30fps (capped)

It is incredibly important that users with a min spec video card with 2 GB of dedicated VRAM (or 3 GB on AMD) to keep the Texture Resolution set to Low.  Increasing this to Normal will cause significant performance issues.

By default, the game may set the user’s monitor to the maximum output offered.  Users should reset to 720p on min spec hardware.

With these settings on Min Spec AMD GPU’s, users can expect some minor texture pops, occasional loading symbols during fast-paced scenarios, and some hitches & stuttering when gliding or driving the Batmobile.

Recommended Hardware Specs
(or equivalent)
Resolution: 1920x1080
V-Sync: On
Anti-Aliasing: On
Texture Resolution: Normal
Shadow Quality: Normal
Level of Detail: Normal
Interactive Smoke/Fog: Off
Interactive Paper Debris: Off
Enhanced Rain: Off
Enhanced Light Shafts: Off

Expected: 30fps (capped)

The Recommended Spec is intended to deliver an experience on par with the current generation of gaming platforms.

For an optimal experience, users with recommended spec hardware should not set their resolution higher than 1080p.

By default, the game may set Shadow Quality and Level of Detail to High on Recommended Spec hardware.  Users should revert these to Normal.

With these settings on Rec Spec AMD GPUs, users can expect some minor texture pops, occasional loading symbols during fast-paced scenarios, and some hitches & stuttering when gliding or driving the Batmobile.  To help alleviate this, AMD users using Rec Spec GPU’s should turn Texture Resolution, Shadow Quality, and Level of Detail to Low.  We continue to work closely with AMD to resolve these issues as soon as possible; make sure you have the most current drivers and check back here for updates on when the next driver version is available.

Additional Recommendations
We do not recommend that users change anything in the game’s .ini files as this will potentially negatively impact performance, including frame rate, and stability.

At this time we do not recommend using NVIDIA’s GeForce Experience or AMD’s Gaming Evolved Optimization tools.

We’re currently working on improving streaming performance from mechanical hard drives (HDD).  Addressing this is one of our top short-term priorities.

For users that have an SSD available, we’ve noted increased streaming performance when the game is installed to that type of drive.

Once again, we’d like to stress the importance of having the latest drivers from your graphics card manufacturer.  Staying up to date could potentially alleviate many performance issues, and will improve your game experience.
-          NVIDIA GeForce users should use GeForce GameReady WHQL Driver version 353.30
-          AMD users should use Catalyst 15.6 beta driver

Crossfire on AMD is currently not supported.  This is to be addressed in a future driver update from AMD.

Eyefinity (multi-monitor) on AMD is currently not fully supported.  This is to be addressed in a future driver update from AMD.

When running Nvidia SLI, using the NVIDIA Control Panel to set one card as a dedicated PhysX card may improve performance.

Players should not disable and/or edit the size of their page file.  Windows manages this automatically, and leaving this at the default settings will provide an optimal experience when playing Arkham Knight.  We strongly recommend that users avoid making edits to this.

Game System Requirements

Minimum Hardware Specs:

OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2 GB Memory Minimum)  | AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3 GB Memory Minimum)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection required
Hard Drive: 45 GB available space

Recommended Hardware Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - 3 GB Memory Recommended
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 55 GB available space

Ultra System Hardware Requirements:
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Graphics Memory: 4 GB"

My speculation on what they are trying to fix and test is to get everything to run at 30 fps.
If anyone is holding out for a fix that allows smooth 60fps gameplay consistently then I'm afraid it's very very unlikely this will ever come.
I feel that they are trying to push the ultra specs to get the game running at 30fps with all the settings on max including gameworks.

Since AMD doesn't use gameworks I feel you amd users will just be left with everything on maximum settings and that is that.

Source you say? here ye go.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/June-23-Update-on-PC-Performance-PLEASE-READ-FIRST/m-p/572903#U572903

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

|o|

760 and 660 are prety much the same performance and they are in different requirement categories. Whats more is that 660 is only for lowest 720p and 760 is for medium 1080p .. wat?

That's bs. Consoles are at best r9 270 level, pc's are way more powerful.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

That's bs. Consoles are at best r9 270 level, pc's are way more powerful.

I know, it's a complete joke of a port.

Your profile picture says it all :P

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

|o|

760 and 660 are prety much the same performance and they are in different requirement categories. Whats more is that 660 is only for lowest 720p and 760 is for medium 1080p .. wat?

660 and 760 do not perform the same

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Never ceases to amaze me: What does WB thinks we will do? Sell our PCs and go buy a PS4? What could they possibly win from lying to the exceedingly well informed PC audience like this? 

I could have saved you millions of dollars of development and sent the exact same message to PC gamers with a single tweet: Batman is now a console exclusive, because Fuck you PC gamers, that's why"

-------

Current Rig

-------

660 and 760 do not perform the same

Almost yes. 760 is 15-20% faster. So explain me how 20% more performance gets you from lowest 720p settings to 1080p medium settings.

Minimum Hardware Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz

Memory: 6 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2 GB Memory Minimum)  | AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3 GB Memory Minimum)

So I'm not able to run the game at all?

I doubt it.

Does your card have 2gb or 3gb?

If 3gb+ then you may be able to get minimum....I wouldn't bother though.

If you have anything in your steam wallet then you could always get a refund if you tried it out.

Almost yes. 760 is 15-20% faster. So explain me how 20% more performance gets you from lowest 720p settings to 1080p medium settings.

Since when is 20% or even 15% considered "almost"? That being said poor optimization is a hell of a thing.

Since when is 20% or even 15% considered "almost"? That being said poor optimization is a hell of a thing.

If you OC 660 you can basicaly get the performance of stock 760. Those requirements are all for stock cards. So in theory you should be able to play with 660 on 1080p medium.. but you cant.

If you OC 660 you can basicaly get the performance of stock 760.

lolwut? I would love to see what golden 660 you're using to make that claim.

It runs on a 560ti at 720 40 fps

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

The Recommended Spec is intended to deliver an experience on par with the current generation of gaming platforms.

This statement raises some awkward questions. Specifically, why does the PC need such strong hardware to get "an experience on par with" other gaming platforms? We're to believe a PC needs to have a full-power desktop Core i7 to get performance "on par" with an Xbone? Really?

Well, once again I waited for a reviews. And as always I'm glad I did.

As I have said it was a straight port over from PS4 considering that it runs best in resolution and frame rate on that system from reports, which is why I suspect that it uses all eight threads at 60-70% and also takes up a ton of VRAM (the PS4 has 8GB of GDDR5), even though the textures in most of the game are low res. Speaking of textures that seems to me to be the biggest issue with the game, streaming textures quickly, considering that the Batmobile has very high resolution textures and must be rendered whenever it is called by the player, I suspect the drop in frame is triggering some sort of optimization that the no name studio that they outsourced it to, didn't iron out. 

I will say this though, when Arkham Knight looks good (as it does on my 780) it looks like Rocksteady studios watched the Unreal Engine Samaritan Demo and asked, "Okay so how do we get this to run in real time". It looks damn nice with all of the polygons (as many of them in a single character then in an entire environment of Arkham City according to the developer), the intricacies of the Batmobile when it moves makes it all the more goodlooking, and the way that light casts itself onto objects and has a much more real cast and vibrancy, not to mention the features of rain, how the cape moves, and the sheer amount of stuff on screen when you are in the control tower in the beginning of the second island that is rendered beautifully, all adds to the beauty and masterpiece that is the final installment in this franchise

I havent played or seen this game in real life except youtube but i really want to play this game with my PC. How it looks like compare to crysis 3 (for a quite competitive comparison)? Is it a better looking game or its even worse or maybe not even close? If its worse, so fuck the dev!

I havent played or seen this game in real life except youtube but i really want to play this game with my PC. How it looks like compare to crysis 3 (for a quite competitive comparison)? Is it a better looking game or its even worse or maybe not even close? If its worse, so fuck the dev!

It's worse since the game's based on Unreal Engine, and it is far, far away from Ethan Carter's quality.

The port is a shame, that's all. I hope WB will learn something here. MKX port was a joke, now this ? I think they didn't realise PC gaming is actually estimated around 35 billions $ for 2015. Now they're in deep shit because they acknowledged the fact that PC community can be loud, very loud.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

There is absolutely NO REASON why the game runs so poorly on PC. None. At all.

The problem is the fact that it's a rushed, lazy, and/or incompetent port. Honestly, the games doesn't look all that much better than Arkham City. Especially with all of the bullshit gameworks stuff turned off.

There are games that can be assumed broken right out of the gate. Look at Techland. You pretty well know anything released by them is going to need multiple patches. As Dying Light did. Fallout 4 is likely going to be damn well near broken on launch, and modders will be scrambling to get it running as well as they can until Beth patches it and fixes a lot of stuff (though it likely won't be performance issues that plague that game, I hope).

I don't think anyone expected this out of WB and Rocksteady. I mean... a 30fps cap? Absolutely ridiculous. whatyearisit.jpg

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

haha i can almost hear them say (PC master race, what!!! can't even ran batman at a stable fps)

Rig: CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.5 ghz | MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: 4x4 gigs Kingston Fury 1600 ddr3 | GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X PSU: Seasonic M12ii-620 Evo Edition | HDD: 1 TB WD, 500 GB WD | SSD: Kingston SSD now 240 and 120 GB CASE: In Win 303 RGB edition | Mouse: Corsair m65 pro | Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK | Headset: Hyper X Cloud Pro  | Monitor: LG 29um58-P Ultrawide monitor.

It's worse since the game's based on Unreal Engine, and it is far, far away from Ethan Carter's quality.

The port is a shame, that's all. I hope WB will learn something here. MKX port was a joke, now this ? I think they didn't realise PC gaming is actually estimated around 35 billions $ for 2015. Now they're in deep shit because they acknowledged the fact that PC community can be loud, very loud.

damn WB. i really put a lot of hope on this game since Witcher 3 has failed satisfying me. i really want a better game right now because i have a quite long holiday next month. damn u WB!! damn u!!!

What could they possibly win from lying to the exceedingly well informed PC audience like this?

I lol'd

damn WB. i really put a lot of hope on this game since Witcher 3 has failed satisfying me. i really want a better game right now because i have a quite long holiday next month. damn u WB!! damn u!!!

The game is poorly optimized and has some texture streaming and AA problems. But make no mistake the game looks damn good on PC, as I've said it looks as though they saw the Samaritan demo of UE3 and asked, "Okay so how do we get this to run in realtime"?

The scale, the detail, the lighting, the polygon count and the quality of the story is quite a fine send off for Batman.

The game is poorly optimized and has some texture streaming and AA problems. But make no mistake the game looks damn good on PC, as I've said it looks as though they saw the Samaritan demo of UE3 and asked, "Okay so how do we get this to run in realtime"?

The scale, the detail, the lighting, the polygon count and the quality of the story is quite a fine send off for Batman.

i saw some comparison between PC, PS4, and Xbox One on youtube.

i don't know how to say but PS4 produce a better picture (except physx) especially when it comes to lighting.

i saw some comparison between PC, PS4, and Xbox One on youtube.

i don't know how to say but PS4 produce a better picture (except physx) especially when it comes to lighting.

Yup, PS4 definitely is better looking one.

PC version seems to be a straight port from PS4 and they did a poor job of porting properly. Thats probably why PS4 version looks better. Heck, the default controller setting in this game is DualShock.