U.S. Drops to #9 in World Wide Internet Speeds

EChondo

South Korea population is smaller then North America's by about 300 million, plus Korea is mainly forests and mountains with very few dense areas compared to North America which is dense and therefore would cost more to get higher speeds. Still America has no excuse nor does any Western country. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Mexico 3.3 Mb/s TAKE THAT GOOGLE FIBER

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

My Internet's so bipolar. 

It's high is 85 down, 25 up. It's usually somewhere between 50-60 down and 15-20 up. Right now I'm getting 2 down 5 up.

wwpFvHP.gif

COMIC SANS

South Korea population is smaller then North America's by about 300 million, plus Korea is mainly forests and mountains with very few dense areas compared to North America which is dense and therefore would cost more to get higher speeds. Still America has no excuse nor does any Western country. 

3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! 3 Megabyte (MB) minimum! . . . . . Having just gotten a straight meg connection (a little faster though) it really is so much easier to download some games - steam or PSN, Youtube videos seem to take far far less time to load even 1080p then the old 3 Megabit (Mb) connection I had just a few weeks ago.  Though It'd still be amazing to be able to download Skyrim or some other ~10 GB games in like 5 - 25 minutes.

Mexico 3.3 Mb/s TAKE THAT GOOGLE FIBER

MEXICO FOR THE CLUTCH!

COMIC SANS

About 12mb/s in Japan...meanwhile in Cuba 210kb/s LOL.What the hell..

Well,I'm happy with my 15mb/s connection in Romania(7.5 avg.)

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

South Korea is tiny... and still has more people than Canada ;)

The UK isn't even on the list.

Well since they are around 7.8, they might be in the top 20, right next to Canada.

Suddenly my 20mb down, 1mps up doesnt seem so bad in the us

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

At least you are in the top ten, we are almost on par with the world average. depending on which graph you read of course.

Half our users are on mobile plans by choice which brings our average down by a large amount and of course our government has half the population running scared that our speeds are so low that we are going to implode if we don't upgrade to fibre overnight.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.