Razer Gunnar

jos

Razer launches eyewear for gammers to reduce eyestrain

GUNNAR | Designed by Razer eyewear has been engineered to reduce eye strain and improve visual acuity while gaming. The eyewear features GUNNAR’s patented i-AMP® lens technology in frame designs inspired by Razer’s iconic black and green branding. features amber lens geometry that focuses light before reaching the eye, allowing images to be seen more sharply while eye muscles relax. This results in higher contrasts, crisper texts and sharper images and helps ease eye muscles during longer sessions at the computer or on a mobile device. The lenses filter and balance the transmitted light spectrum, reducing high-energy blue light by up to 65% while warming the overall view. This reduction of harsh high-energy blue light helps protect eyes from digital eye strain, long-term retinal damage, and allows the more sensitive parts of the eye to perform, increasing perceived contrast and performance. lens coatings have anti-reflective properties that reduce reflections and glare. Without distracting reflections, the screen appears crisp and clear. While some eyewear may have anti-reflective properties on the front portion, GUNNAR uses the anti-reflection coating on both sides for a crystal clear view.

cerberus-gallery-01.jpg

cerberus-gallery-02.jpg

cerberus-gallery-03.jpg

Looks like it is too gimmicky to me. need to see advantage over normal antiglare glasses. My question is for filtering blue.. why dobt yu just adjust RGB and reduce blue?

Do you own a device like this? What is your longest gamming section?

Source: http://www.razerzone.com/razer-x-gunnar

Razer launches eyewear for gammers to reduce eyestrain

Looks like it is too gimmicky to me. need to see advantage over normal antiglare glasses

Source: http://www.razerzone.com/razer-x-gunnar

They are not anti glare glasses. They filter out blue light to reduce eye strain and for some people temporary or even permanent vision deterioration depending how sensitive your eyes are. 

These are way overpriced and gamer marketed, but they DO work

I'm considering getting blue light glasses after changing screens. I don't like the software, and I go from PC to PC anyway. I'm not sensitive, and I don't binge game anymore, but I have noticed I have been getting a bit of a problem when I'm on 20+hrs a day sometimes. I have near perfect vision, so I want to keep it that way you know?

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

they're expensive, but they do actually look nice so eh doesn't hurt anyone.

also holy shit that is a great webpage for them, they have some talented people in marketing and web design 

You know what else works?

Flux.

Been using it for months upon months now, will never go back. I'd run a marathon on dota or csgo through to the morning and my eyes would just freaking hurt, but i remember the first time i installed flux, and it being 11:00 at night at the time, it switched instantly, and i actually teared up a bit because it was so much, different feeling. Different, but better.

If i could only rec. two peices of software for avid computer gamers. It would be Flux, and Steam.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Razer released a product that's not RGB?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Flux.

Been using it for months upon months now, will never go back. I'd run a marathon on dota or csgo through to the morning and my eyes would just freaking hurt, but i remember the first time i installed flux, and it being 11:00 at night at the time, it switched instantly, and i actually teared up a bit because it was so much, different feeling. Different, but better.

If i could only rec. two peices of software for avid computer gamers. It would be Flux, and Steam.

flux makes my screen look like garbage. If I marathon game I sometimes use it or sunglases. 

That said for people that are really sensitive to this sort of thing, it's a great free option over glasses. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I have some gunnar ones that I got as a gift and I like them so much especially with all the monitors I stare at with my pc, laptops and work pcs on average I have 4 monitors on me so it helps with eyestrain a lot there is a software flux that I used but installing it on pcs that aren't mine well yea, these come in handy a lot

I got a pair of the steelseries prescription gunnars came in on Monday, cost $400 AU and took 10 WEEKS to arrive.

And they attached the left logo upside down...

QGkWp6.jpg

But they work soo well for me, my eyes where always bloodshot, after 1 day I could see the difference.

(pro tip: change the RGB on the monitor R= 60 G=60 B=100 to compensate for the yellow tint)

I got a pair of the steelseries prescription gunnars came in on Monday, cost $400 AU and took 10 WEEKS to arrive.

But they work soo well for me, my eyes where always bloodshot, after 1 day I could see the difference.

(pro tip: change the RGB on the monitor R= 60 G=60 B=100 to compensate for the yellow tint)

400 AU?

I about had heart attack

but, give they are prescription ones, I'm not surprised. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I'll take these...

I use prescription lenses almost 24/7 soo...

You can get gunnars in prescription lenses. 

You can get gunnars in prescription lenses. 

Not in my country...

400 AU?

I about had heart attack

but, give they are prescription ones, I'm not surprised. 

$353.64 AUD with "premium"

$43.30 AUD shipping

Not in my country...

What country is that? http://www.gunnars.com/international/

http://www.gunnars.com/gunnar-optiks-expands-international-distribution/

"The four new partners joining the GUNNAR global distribution team include:

Asian Eyes Optical, Philippines, owned by Marvilon “Marvee” Militante."

$353.64 AUD with "premium"

$43.30 AUD shipping

What country is that? http://www.gunnars.com/international/

http://www.gunnars.com/gunnar-optiks-expands-international-distribution/

"The four new partners joining the GUNNAR global distribution team include:

Asian Eyes Optical, Philippines, owned by Marvilon “Marvee” Militante."

who dafuq is Asan Eyes Optical!?

Never heard of them... at least in my area...

So it's just GUNNAR glasses slightly modified by Razer? Still like the look of it though.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

They are not anti glare glasses. They filter out blue light to reduce eye strain and for some people temporary or even permanent vision deterioration depending how sensitive your eyes are. 

I'm considering getting blue light glasses after changing screens. I don't like the software, and I go from PC to PC anyway. I'm not sensitive, and I don't binge game anymore, but I have noticed I have been getting a bit of a problem when I'm on 20+hrs a day sometimes. I have near perfect vision, so I want to keep it that way you know?

That's why J2C got his.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Flux.

Not if you work in IT, have multiple computers, or if you'd prefer to keep your monitor from looking shit stained.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

^that 

My longest gaming session was 81 hours (Age of Conan for the Extra Life charity) and not even then did my eyes feel strained, I guess I'm just not sensitive to that.

However, I do get migraines in certain conditions like sunny days with snow cover, or noon light from behind thin clouds ( just enough to make the lighting outside flat and gray but not enough clouds to dampen the light intensity)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Um so you buy glasses to filter blue light and then turn around and crank up the bue???

1 Timothy 1:15

Same here... Too bad I don't have any money. :/ I really don't like f.lux as after you look away from your monitors, and have white walls, its like, "Wait, what the fuck?"

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Um so you buy glasses to filter blue light and then turn around and crank up the bue???

blue*

and not sure what your monitor is like but 100 is default for me, i'm turning down red and green so they are at the same level as the filtered blue, removing the yellow tinge.

blue*

and not sure what your monitor is like but 100 is default for me, i'm turning down red and green so they are at the same level as the filtered blue, removing the yellow tinge.

With an LCD turning down the other colors effectively turns up Blue.  That yellow tinge it the whole point of Gunnars.

1 Timothy 1:15