Radeon R9 Fury series is based on GCN 1.2 - source Anand

zMeul

Well duh....

If you say air-cooled version that means that the only change one thing, in this case the cooler. And not the chip

But okay, technically you would be correct. But still it is fucking stupid. You should then have said Fury Max and Fury something.

I hate AMD's naming goddamn it

Calm down. It's not confirmed either way. It might be cut down, it might not. We won't know until official specs are up.

Calm down. It's not confirmed either way. It might be cut down, it might not. We won't know until official specs are up.

I just don't like how unclear it all is. All this confusing will echo on for quite some time before everybody knows the truth.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

does it matter?

It could mean no DirectX 12.1

Tonga was not among the ones specifically mentioned as not being DirectX 12.1 compliant, but not confirmed to be compliant either.

Not that I care. If Fiji doesn't support DirectX 12.1, DX12.1 is what will be dead to me and not the other way around. I'm SO done with Nvidia's bullshit and will grind my GTX 760 to dust once I stuff a Fiji based card or two in my system.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Doesn't seem like it, though with how AMD fucking sucks at giving the straight beans of information, who knows. They are skilled at making colourful powerpoint slides that do a good job at saying nothing significant. 

I find this statement interesting coming so soon after the 970 fiasco.  It seems to me that AMD gives us more info than NVIDA the very fact that we know all that we do right now proves that.  With NVIDIA good luck figuring out what it is even after it been on sale for a while. This comes with the industry there are some things they have to keep secret or the other guy will rip it off or put stuff in gameworks to cripple your performance.

1 Timothy 1:15

The NDA lift (i.e. when we get facts instead of assumptions and deductions) on the 24th can't come fast enough :(

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Sooooo... nerfed FP64 just like Maxwell ( but not so much )

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

Sooooo... nerfed FP64 just like Maxwell ( but not so much )

I guess we might see some new firepros then....Probably not actually. Intel has no new Xeon Phi and NV no new Tesla so in hind sight we probably won't see a new firepro.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

Based on GCN 1.2 doesn't mean it's a straight Tonga copy and paste. This is like the twentieth post by this guy who's clearly out on a AMD hate rampage.

if this is true, the Fury X is not a Titan X killer

this should put to rest all those false rumors about Fiji being based on GCN 1.3   -_-

select people who called me names because of this ^, should start eating crow

---

well, there you have it! straight from horse's mouth

If I could dig up all of his similar posts over the past few days I could fill four pages of a new thread.

Watch AMD launch GCN 1.3 with Fiji and I'll die laughing. We have no proof that a GCN 1.3 revision doesn't exist.

LoL, sorry zMeul but I find you ridiculous. I mean god, do you have a boner for AMD cards? Hate is love in denial! Imagine behind that screen zmeul is an AMD fan boy  :D

Based on GCN 1.2 doesn't mean it's a straight Tonga copy and paste. This is like the twentieth post by this guy who's clearly out on a AMD hate rampage.

If I could dig up all of his similar posts over the past few days I could fill four pages of a new thread.

Watch AMD launch GCN 1.3 with Fiji and I'll die laughing. We have no proof that a GCN 1.3 revision doesn't exist.

he has the same name on reddit, here's some of those posts:

/u/taintedsquirrel 's point remains valid: if you'd BIOS flash a 290X with a 390X would you get same benefits? with the same ASIC, I'd say yes

Pirate Islands as in 3xx series?!

even AMD admitted the 3xx series has the same ASIC as 2xx series - and those are from GCN 1.0 to GCN 1.2

AMD, however, is adamant about the fact that its 300 series isn’t a simple rebrand. The company admits that the ASIC is the same, but stresses that there’s a lot more to a graphics card than its overarching chip.

http://techgage.com/article/amd-radeon-300-fury-series-preview

is AMD purposely trying to confuse people!? cuz damn if I understand them anymore

how about this smart ass:

if Fiji is a dud why should nVidia even bother building a dual Titan X?

wasn't the premise of this thread, even from the title, that Fiji might not be a dud!?

you get -9000

I got into arguments (under a different name) with him about the witcher 3 "downgrade", fiji, hbm, the titan X's place in the market and if the price was justified, etc. but in the end he doesn't hate on AMD as much as one would think, not like some of the trolls out there. based on all his posts, I'd say he's cautiously optimistic about fiji.

his opinions on W3 are complete shite, however.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

wait .. so you're harassing me all over the places, for what!?

I guess it's time for some reddit moderators to deal with you

wait .. so you're harassing me all over the places, for what!?

I guess it's time for some reddit moderators to deal with you

Not harassing, discussing/arguing. I just see you in all the same subreddits, saying something I disagree with. in the end you're a reasonable guy - except when it comes to witcher 3.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Lisa Su, on stage, said the Fury is a air-cooled version; no where did she said the Fiji GPU version will be the same in Fury X and Fury  ;)

people just assumed so

This was a deceptive way to suggest that it was the same.

All three Furys have a minuscule PCB due to the HBM.  Tonga is not HBM compatible so I doubt it would be in any of the Fury series.  Tonga does have some neat memory tech in it though.

1 Timothy 1:15

606732edff0d55933fda48379e082b38.png perfect

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Wait

Only 64 ROPs? Didn't they say 128 before?

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

he has the same name on reddit, here's some of those posts:

I got into arguments (under a different name) with him about the witcher 3 "downgrade", fiji, hbm, the titan X's place in the market and if the price was justified, etc. but in the end he doesn't hate on AMD as much as one would think, not like some of the trolls out there. based on all his posts, I'd say he's cautiously optimistic about fiji.

his opinions on W3 are complete shite, however.

Not that I agree with the OP,  but your not going to prove anything by digging up posts from other threads (forums even) and taking them out of context to prove a point in this one.

It's almost attacking the person not the argument.

On topic, I'll just wait until the dust settles after everything has launched before I start to form any opinions.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I just want OpenGL 4.5 support...

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

I found it funny that people think there are driver improvements to be had with the 300 series...

I see it for Fiji, but not the existing cards...

GCN 1.3 would have been nice...

But Tonga on HBM Steroids is still pretty damn good to have.

I got that too. Watercooled info VS Aircooled info...

Fury X - W/C - Beast mode with 50-60*c

Fury - A/C - Beast mode with higher temps

Nano - A/C - More than 290x Performance....with less power.

According to the 54 second mark we are right...

I believe I saw a slide somewhere during the presentation, and the Fury had like 500 less stream processors.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I watched the live stream and I seem to recall that they said that the Fury X was just a watercooled Fury....

Goddamnit AMD confusing and fucking with everyone

Anandtech is just guessing.  They don't actually have their hands on the card and they are salty they aren't getting a review copy.  

"Typical Board Power: (High)"

Their bias is showing.  OP is astroturfing pretty hard too. (Even sadder if he's not being paid for it.)

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti