I made little animation in JS for you to watch (just because coding is 010001100101010101001110 =)

Mr_KoKa

Here you have it: http://www.mrkoka.pl/NETWORK/

You can play around with the URL and use some variables to customize colors and amount of cells:

MAX_CELLS

COLORON

COLOROFF

COLORBG

examples:

LTT theme colors:

http://www.mrkoka.pl/NETWORK/?COLORON=FFF&COLOROFF=DB4105&COLORBG=0B0B0B&MAX_CELLS=500

Appearing cells:

http://www.mrkoka.pl/NETWORK/?COLORON=000&COLOROFF=FFF&COLORBG=000&MAX_CELLS=500

That's pretty cool. I especially like when it rearranges itself, it's so fluent. Are the cells distributed randomly?

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Awesome, I was planning to learn javascript this summer and now I have something to work towards.

My PC: CPUAMD FX-8150 | Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme 4 | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i  Memory: Corsair 2x8GB 1333Mhz | Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB SSD | WD caviar black 1 TB HDD | WD caviar Green 500 GB HDD | WD caviar Green 3 TB HDD | Video Card: EVGA GTX 770 Superclocker w/ACX cooling | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Power Supply: Corsair RM750 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder

that's actually really awesome.

Oddly satisfying...

When in doubt: C4

That's pretty cool. I especially like when it rearranges itself, it's so fluent. Are the cells distributed randomly?

Yes thay are, every page refresh and at the end when they're rearranging.

that's actually really awesome.

Oddly satisfying...

Yeah, I couldn't stop look at it too.

So this is Plexus JS edition?

aDXn2fm.png

if only active desktop was still a thing..

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

So this is Plexus JS edition?

aDXn2fm.png

if only active desktop was still a thing..

I don't know Plexus, I googled some, but found not much, about active desktop - ikr? :D I used to have animation of binary clock on my wallpaper :)

your js.js script has exactly 420 lines :P

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

your js.js script has exactly 420 lines :P

:D Nice catch, what a coincidence :]

my laptop really didn't like a million 10^6 dots, i ran at 1 FPS, but probably WAY lower. More then 10000 already kinda let the fps down to 5, but a million really is not recommended. really a nice piece of code!

my laptop really didn't like a million 10^6 dots, i ran at 1 FPS, but probably WAY lower. More then 10000 already kinda let the fps down to 5, but a million really is not recommended. really a nice piece of code!

Thanks ;] The more dots the more it looks like a clean wave. But to be honest, I haven't tried more than 1000 - I don't know why... But sure I will.

Edit: Now when I have try it, I think I know why I might have stop at 1000, it's 7 FPS already :P

--snip--

I made some improvements and now I can run 2000 dot's with 20fps, as I mentioned before I had 7 fps with 1000 dots. (The thing is that lines are problem, not the dots, now I pack them up and draw many at once instead one by one, but no more 420 :P)

I made some improvements and now I can run 2000 dot's with 20fps, as I mentioned before I had 7 fps with 1000 dots. (The thing is that lines are problem, not the dots, now I pack them up and draw many at once instead one by one, but no more 420 :P)

420 sounds like a good number for that, fuck real optimalisation:P

Runs like a dog, can't even hit 60fps with 1 cell. Any reason you're not using requestAnimationFrame?

Runs like a dog, can't even hit 60fps with 1 cell. Any reason you're not using requestAnimationFrame?

It is running at 1000/60 + frame render time, this is why it will never be 60, I am aware of that. There is no particular reason for not using requestAnimationFrame, it's not project of sending man to the moon, it's just something done in "fever of evening boredom".

It is running at 1000/60 + frame render time, this is why it will never be 60, I am aware of that. There is no particular reason for not using requestAnimationFrame, it's not project of sending man to the moon, it's just something done in "fever of evening boredom".

I wasn't aware a lunar excursion was necessary motivation for doing something right; in any case it's significantly less than 60, suggesting there are other optimization problems beyond just the frame scheduler (or lack thereof).

--snip--

I guess setTiemout wasn't ideal solution of drawing dots on the screen :P requestAnimationFrame runs slightly better, it's probably more browser friendly too. Thanks for pointing that out it's always few FPS more just by changing one line :).

you didn't specify what encoding that binary was.

Here's it in x86 assembly

post-1491-0-27073900-1434670390.png