Do you think Vessel marks the (start of) the downfall of LTT

asim1999

Not just you. I imagine that many people have Adblock on Vessel though.

I've only watched maybe 3-4 videos on Vessel frankly - and I'm a die-hard LTT fan. I simply watch all the content on YouTube when it comes out.

Just reminded me, Need to turn off adblock on Vessel. (Was gonna do it after I started watching every day on vessel once I started liking it more that yourube, then forgot. brb, lol.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Not just you. I imagine that many people have Adblock on Vessel though.

I've only watched maybe 3-4 videos on Vessel frankly - and I'm a die-hard LTT fan. I simply watch all the content on YouTube when it comes out.

Vessel handles ads so much better than YouTube does, so that's actually where I have adblock off.

d3cf00a1d1.gif

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Vessel handles ads so much better than YouTube does, so that's actually where I have adblock off.

Agreed, their ads so far have been way better.

However, some people got "mad" at Linus, because Vessel is supposed to be "subscription based", and to these users who will remain unnamed, "subscription based" = "ad-free" in their minds.

Which is kind of funny, since when Linus announced the Vessel deal, he said one of the deciding factors was that Vessel promised much higher Ad PPV's ... which by definition meant that Vessel would have some kind of ad component :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Agreed, their ads so far have been way better.

However, some people got "mad" at Linus, because Vessel is supposed to be "subscription based", and to these users who will remain unnamed, "subscription based" = "ad-free" in their minds.

Which is kind of funny, since when Linus announced the Vessel deal, he said one of the deciding factors was that Vessel promised much higher Ad PPV's ... which by definition meant that Vessel would have some kind of ad component :P

Normally, having subscriptions + ads pisses me off. However, the ads are like 3 seconds. I'm fine with that either way, unlike the shit Hulu pulls.

The sky is falling!

But to answer your question, no. They are gaining subscribers, YouTube still gets the videos even though it's a week later, and time sensitive content is shown simultaneously. It's really just you.

As for Vessel... I won't likely be subscribing I have had a poor experience with it so far. Whether it be from the bugginess of the App, or that it doesn't play so well with my slow Internet connection, it hasn't been enjoyable. So unless Youtube turn to complete crap, I'll probably just stay there.

No but think of it like this:

If they needed the extra income from Vessel they have it now for 1 year guaranteed because of the free 1 year promo thing.

In that 1 year time span they can increase amount of subs on YouTube so that when the free Vessel year is over it sort of evens out with the monthly income.

No.

I don't see how Vessel can have any negative impact. If you didn't know that there was a Vessel channel, I doubt that anyone would even notice a difference just watching the Youtube videos. Perhaps you might notice during the WAN show when they discuss early access videos.

Linus has got to pay for his employees and feed his family so he was perfectly right to seek alternative revenue streams.

But I just don't see myself paying for Vessel. There are no channels outside of LTT that interest me on there and I find there are lots of technical glitches with the videos when I watch on slow connections.

If there was an option however to only pay for LTT then I would.

No, not at all. If Vessel got totally different videos compared to YouTube as in exclusives, then yes, that could be so. But everything is the same, just videos on Vessel are launched one week ahead of YouTube releases.

Also I quite like the idea of Vessel, it lets LMG gain additional revenue which gives them the freedom to do more cool shit, buy more production gear & hire more people which will also mean more content!

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

@LinusTech has already personally stated MULTIPLE TIMES that any time-sensitive content, like a review for a newly released GPU, will always be made available at the same time on YouTube as well as Vessel.

Don't like Vessel? No problem. Don't sign up and don't look on it. Then you'll NEVER SEE A DIFFERENCE. His YouTube channel will appear exactly as it always has.

I watch almost every video they make, yet i misset that statement.... If they make time sensitive content availble on YT and Vessel i'm okey with that!

About Vessel: I tried it/ disliked it.

CPU: i5 4670k MB: Gigabyte Z97x UD3H  Ram: 4*4 Gb Hyperx Fury  GPU: Asus RoG GTX 1070 Case: Corsair Carbide Spec01 Storage: 2TB HDD/120gb Samsung 840
PSU: EVGA Supernova Nex 750w Display: Benq GL2460HM CPU Cooling: Corsar H105 2*SP120

Everyone is saying no. But no one has actually said they would pay for vessel. So why don't we ask who's actually going to pay for the week early content? I'm not.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

Everyone is saying no. But no one has actually said they would pay for vessel. So why don't we ask who's actually going to pay for the week early content? I'm not.

I'm still enjoying my free year, but I'm thinking about going the paying Vessel route.

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

I only think views are important. Views show how many of his subscribers are actually active or don't watch him at all. But no, Vessel doesn't totally bring a huge downfall.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Its not the downfall of LTT however it is an utter steaming pile of crap. Seriously if you want a decent platform use Vimeo or something...

Lets sum up Vessel...it is a paid platform that is worse than Youtube at buffering and image quality, it still has ads and I have personally had audio sync issues on 3 workstations if I hit a buffering mid video and have to refresh the page.

The Vessel platform needs to be taken out in a field and shot in the head seriously.

Nope... I watch LTT on vessel instead of in YouTube now except for the WAN show archives

Main System - 2016 13"nTB MBP 256GB

Gaming Rig - 4790K, 16GB RAM, 1080Ti
Monitor - Dell 25" U2515H

K/B & M - Ducky One TKL, Logitech MX Master & G900

Audio - JDS Labs The Element, Aktimate Mini B+, Krix Seismix 3 Mk6, Ultrasone Pro 900

I don't see why people continue to whine about this, there's no difference if you just take Vessel out of the equation. Do what I do, pretend it doesn't even exist.