Bethesda announced Mods for fallout 4 on xbox one

Uwillparish

A lot of mods actually require you to work within a malleable file system so that you can edit .ini files on your own and drag and drop files into different locations. Systems like Steam workshop (horrible piece of shit) already have huge issues with trying to streamline the modding process. 

I believe Bethesda's patronizing view on PC modders was clearly shown during the sell mods for money controversy: they see them as cute, useless horseless armors not unlike the fucking crap they usually make themselves.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I believe Bethesda's patronizing view on PC modders was clearly shown during the sell mods for money controversy: they see them as cute, useless horseless armors not unlike the fucking crap they usually make themselves.

You just reminded me, I need to check on that skyrim total conversion project. (Nehrim, wait, no. That was oblivion. Enderal is the skyrim one)

If they find a way to offer total conversion mods for console games (unlikely), then I would be impressed.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well, there goes the modding argument for pcmr

No. Just no. First, I doubt we will see Fallout 4 Script Extender on XB1, second Skyim mods can cripple modern gaming PCs, so a lot of mods that change visuals just wont work well on XB1, finally, we have yet to see what system they put in place, the limits of certain content ETC. The reason modding is strong on PC for beth games is the Nexus that has been around for YEARS, XB1 doesn't have that.

The real question is, can you make mods on the Xbox One? Oh snap.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Lol, right cause current "next generation" consoles aren't already struggling enough to get a minimum of 30 fps. How adorable. 

Well... not all mods are graphical or performance intensive.  But yeah to add 30 mods to Xbox One, one of them will have to be the Fallout 480p mod. :P

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Well mods don't cost money on pc right now so I was going with the idea that it will be the same for console gamers.  Until I am shown differently I think mods on consoles is good for console gamers.  They get more content and other things and who doesn't want that?

Yet we're talking about the very same company that notoriously attempted to charge for mods

-------

Current Rig

-------

That's a really good move to keep people buying consoles. 

Yeah, but the real question will the mods be playable on console. I could understand smaller mods being easy to integrate, but larger ones designed for PC should struggle a bit. Not to mention the limited storage for the Xbox one is just asking for trouble, Especially for the launch 500GB and the achievements are also something they would have to work with. I really want to see how this ends up.      

Yet we're talking about the very same company that notoriously attempted to charge for mods

I could see them going this route, but if they do what's the point of calling them mods, Just call them Community DLC. I am wondering if PC modders are even going to be interested in putting them on the xbox one.

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m

still, its limited by hardware, just like a shitty pc cant run high demand mods.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Yep, Im posted all i can, lol

Well, there goes the modding argument for pcmr

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

Source is still youtube at e3

Unreal Tournament 3 on ps3 had mods too. It was maps and mutators only though, and I would expect similar limitations here. Still, fucking cool.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Mods tend to negatively effect performance, is it really wise to put them on something that will probably struggle on the Base game

Why does everyone have to think they mean fucking texture mods

facepalm.jpg

Too many console elitists and I hate it

Nice to see console users getting something a little different.  Also with how poorly paid mods went over recently with Steam I don't see them attempting paid mods here.  Anyway it should be interesting to see what makes it onto consoles as mods.

Why does everyone have to think they mean fucking texture mods

Too many console elitists and I hate it

clearly you have never played alot of mods,

alot of player made items are made with higher textures and meshes then standard

alot of the script based mods are cpu intensive especially if they run ontop of the already running stuff,

what im saying is the console version of the game will most likely be running with a very slim margin, so even a slight increase in resources could cause a frame drop. im not saying i dont want to see mods on console im just thinking about whether or not there gonna work out, especially when we consider things like load order or mod conflicts that can sometimes be brute forced on higher end pc but crash lower end ones etc.

still be nice to see though 

clearly you have never played alot of mods,

alot of player made items are made with higher textures and meshes then standard

alot of the script based mods are cpu intensive especially if they run ontop of the already running stuff,

what im saying is the console version of the game will most likely be running with a very slim margin, so even a slight increase in resources could cause a frame drop. im not saying i dont want to see mods on console im just thinking about whether or not there gonna work out, especially when we consider things like load order or mod conflicts that can sometimes be brute forced on higher end pc but crash lower end ones etc.

still be nice to see though 

Okay good points but really not that much of a difference.

Maybe in game graphics settings just in case we need to turn anything down.

Okay good points but really not that much of a difference.

Maybe in game graphics settings just in case we need to turn anything down.

It is the difference between assets like this:

468px-Itm_QueenFreydisSword.jpg

And this:

5727-1-1354509752.jpg

It's a completely different game, you can max out all detail on Skyrim by default with a 750ti but if you start modding you can bring down a 980 to it's knees

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's a completely different game, you can max out all detail on Skyrim by default with a 750ti but if you start modding you can bring down a 980 to it's knees

Bearing in mind that the GTX 580 was the pinnacle of PC performance when Skyrim was new. I'm sure by 2019 Fallout 4 mods will be ridiculous and hardware will match, but you're not going to have the absurdly good-looking ENBs for a while realistically.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but they're working on releasing mods for the ps4 also however due to the nature of Microsoft it's easier to do it, Sony seem to be very reluctant to trying new things, take ea access for example they just outright didn't want to offer it to their customers.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Graphical mods? I don't think so. The mods will be pretty basic. Nothing too graphically amazing because it will drop the FPS p bad.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Bearing in mind that the GTX 580 was the pinnacle of PC performance when Skyrim was new. I'm sure by 2019 Fallout 4 mods will be ridiculous and hardware will match, but you're not going to have the absurdly good-looking ENBs for a while realistically.

Consoles don't change though.

@Misanthrope Not every mod is an ultra texture mod.  Even if the only thing xbox one users get is the ability to install quest and alteration mods like iNPCs, falskaar, convenient horses, misc followers; then it's great for them. (to use skyrim mods as examples)

It's not like people with texture skills are suddenly going to forget those skills and spontaneously grow other skill sets and become voice acting playwrite to serve consoles limits.  Lets not assume that being more inclusive means death of PC glory.

Consoles don't change though.

@Misanthrope Not every mod is an ultra texture mod.  Even if the only thing xbox one users get is the ability to install quest and alteration mods like iNPCs, falskaar, convenient horses, misc followers; then it's great for them. (to use skyrim mods as examples)

It's not like people with texture skills are suddenly going to forget those skills and spontaneously grow other skill sets and become voice acting playwrite to serve consoles limits.  Lets not assume that being more inclusive means death of PC glory.

So lets take those you mentioned:

1) Falskaar: You kidding right? this is a ridiculously resource intensive mod because of the very large number of characters on screen during several parts key to it's story

2) Convenient Horses: This mod involves a lot more scripting. 1 or 2 of this mods are ok but they quickly add up and overwhelm the limited resources of a crap CPU

3) Followers: Most popular follower mods use custom, extremely high resolution assets, custom scripting, often all of the above.

So out of all of the mods you mentioned, none would work on a console. Not in their current forms which made em popular anyway. I couldn't care less about consoles getting mods, I just think it's ridiculous to expect the experience of said mods won't be utterly crippled defeating the purpose making this a non-starter.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I will believe it when I see it.

You cant push the graphics over the designed limit on the xbox one , and you cant do crazy ENB and texture mods.

Even if its true dont try to make it like its the same thing because it isnt.

So what about dlc then because there are a few mods that are better than the dlcs wonder in they will see a drop in sales unless its tied in. Also modded skyrim brings my 970 to its knees easily.

So lets take those you mentioned:

1) Falskaar: You kidding right? this is a ridiculously resource intensive mod because of the very large number of characters on screen during several parts key to it's story

2) Convenient Horses: This mod involves a lot more scripting. 1 or 2 of this mods are ok but they quickly add up and overwhelm the limited resources of a crap CPU

3) Followers: Most popular follower mods use custom, extremely high resolution assets, custom scripting, often all of the above.

So out of all of the mods you mentioned, none would work on a console. Not in their current forms which made em popular anyway. I couldn't care less about consoles getting mods, I just think it's ridiculous to expect the experience of said mods won't be utterly crippled defeating the purpose making this a non-starter.

1) Falskaar is a good deal less intensive then running around in skyrim proper.

2) yup

3) How do you say that some have high resolution assets, and then that becomes ALL some how?

Why does it seem like people are all butt hurt about this anyways?  is it something to complain or be upset about?  If MS and beth want console users to get the chance to experience mods then what's the beef?

1) Falskaar is a good deal less intensive then running around in skyrim proper.

2) yup

3) How do you say that some have high resolution assets, and then that becomes ALL some how?

Why does it seem like people are all butt hurt about this anyways?  is it something to complain or be upset about?  If MS and beth want console users to get the chance to experience mods then what's the beef?

1) You probably haven't play the entire mod through

3) There are hundreds of follower mods. People will wanna try the good ones like Vilja or Arissa and those do have scripting, custom assets, etc.

Otherwise it the rest of your argument ask and answered: The consoles should be focused on getting better performance, something that wasn't even mentioned on this fucking keynote, mods are an unrealistic goal when the game is likely still running on reduced resolutions and framerates. It is very simple to understand: you don't sign up for a marathon when you haven't even been able to run to the end of the street.

Now you can consider this my final reply on the subject.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Are they going to charge? And how exactly will it work? I'd imagine it would take a lot out of people to make mods for the Xbox One...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

If they mean mods like carrying more stuff in game, that's completely possible.

Other kinds of mods?, we'll see.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.