Halo 5 Guardians: Lots of details and in-game material

I doubt that MS will ever give PC any ACTUAL halo game, I think they are going to talk about Halo online, if they are going to talk about halo AT ALL.

Think about it, if they so much as mentioned MCC on PC then it would essentially kill Halo online EVERYWHERE, even Russia.

That game went really fast, sub 5 minutes for a full game.

have they talked about halo online after the leak, i haven't heard or read anything official since it got leaked and people started to mod the shit out of it to make it work, i wouldn't be surprised if that project is DoA, also i'm thinking that given that they have said they are going to show games on the pc gaming show

MCC won't be ported because MCC is a coding disaster. The backend on that game is a downright nightmare, and they already cocked up a port to the Xbox One. Porting again to PC, dear god. I don't wish that task for any company. 

Halo 5 however? Chance. 

Halo Online being released globally? Far more likely. 

most of the work is done though, given that the xbone is x86, the most tedious part is done even more with halo online being a literal rebrand of 3 with 4 assets, they have one of the engines working so the most tedious part is done

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

last call for the hype train, all aboard

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

MCC won't be ported because MCC is a coding disaster. The backend on that game is a downright nightmare, and they already cocked up a port to the Xbox One. Porting again to PC, dear god. I don't wish that task for any company. 

Halo 5 however? Chance. 

Halo Online being released globally? Far more likely. 

Halo 5 on PC? Sorry but not a chance in hell, you know how MS is with their consoles...

You forgot the most important image:

SNIP

So hes a Spartan 4 now? I didn't think that characters from ODST were going to show up...

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Omg who is that guy? Im sure I've seen him before.

That's Nathan Fillion (Castle, Firefly, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, etc.).

He played Buck in Halo 3: ODST. And yes, he's a Spartan IV now (since the latest book, New Blood).

Halo 5 on PC? Sorry but not a chance in hell, you know how MS is with their consoles...

So hes a Spartan 4 now? I didn't think that characters from ODST were going to show up...

It was explained in Halo: New Blood and a bunch of the comics. Buck was offered a chance at being a Spartan 4 and took it. 

Buck was also in Halo Reach, though more mentioning than anything else. 

have they talked about halo online after the leak, i haven't heard or read anything official since it got leaked and people started to mod the shit out of it to make it work, i wouldn't be surprised if that project is DoA, also i'm thinking that given that they have said they are going to show games on the pc gaming show

I think I saw some mention of Halo online coming to (or not coming) european markets some time back, was from an "official" source. That is the best I have, but I can't see them doing anything else. It is simply too much of a possibility to ignore.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

It was explained in Halo: New Blood and a bunch of the comics. Buck was offered a chance at being a Spartan 4 and took it. 

Buck was also in Halo Reach, though more mentioning than anything else. 

Interesting, have you actually read new blood?

I have considered acquiring it but I was planning on doing Kile 5's trilogy first. Are any of the Halo comics worth it?

Spoiler

MS gives you the OS and the APIs and the sandbox to make games. Get over not getting every franchise. It makes PC gaming fanboys sound obscenely petty. MS has plenty of focus on PC gaming.

Even if I'm part of the minority, I won't buy a console for a game. I imagine with how it was made it would be extremely easy to make it work on PC, I'd gladly buy the game as Halo looks fun but I'm not going to buy another system to use for a month for one game. I don't find it selfish that I wanted to play Halo but won't get an Xbox to play it so the "get over it" seems harsh.

Them creating DX12 is nice but, for them to say they are putting a focus on games and bridging the gap of Xbox and PC then not releasing their biggest game for both sounds like the exact opposite of what they told me.

Not really interested in this unless it comes to PC. I'm not wasting money on a console.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

Halo is one of my all time Favorite FPS game.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Interesting, have you actually read new blood?

I have considered acquiring it but I was planning on doing Kile 5's trilogy first. Are any of the Halo comics worth it?

Comics are worth it, New Blood is worth it. Kilo 5 is a pile of terrible crap. Avoid. Read Halopedia and get up to speed. Karen took existing characters and turned them into a bunch of drama queens. 

So down with this. Though I'll be getting the game for the Campaign over the multiplayer. MP doesn't feel or look very Halo to me at all.

Blue Team + Buck + Locke seems like a lot of 'new' characters to introduce though, it already seems more like the start of the Reclaimer stuff than Halo 4 ever did. Also curious to see how they tie in the Spartan Ops storyline, Janos Key, Jul' etc..

So are all the books canon? Reading deep into what happens between games, there's sure a lot of stuff going on that isn't even touched on in any of the Halo games thusfar.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

So down with this. Though I'll be getting the game for the Campaign over the multiplayer. MP doesn't feel or look very Halo to me at all.

Blue Team + Buck + Locke seems like a lot of 'new' characters to introduce though, it already seems more like the start of the Reclaimer stuff than Halo 4 ever did. Also curious to see how they tie in the Spartan Ops storyline, Janos Key, Jul' etc..

So are all the books canon? Reading deep into what happens between games, there's sure a lot of stuff going on that isn't even touched on in any of the Halo games thusfar.

Per 343, every single book has equal priority to the games, so yea they are Canon and unlike Bungie 343 won't screw around the books just to make a game story. 

So whatever has been released since 2012 till now is worth reading and catching up on. 343 really pushed the story forward. 

Not really interested in this unless it comes to PC. I'm not wasting money on a console.

How is it wasting money if you are enjoying the exclusives consoles provide?

Comics are worth it, New Blood is worth it. Kilo 5 is a pile of terrible crap. Avoid. Read Halopedia and get up to speed. Karen took existing characters and turned them into a bunch of drama queens. 

I do still want to read them, since I am coming from Ghosts of Onyx, I might start going through the 'main' novels first though, that is if I can get my hands on the 2011 version of Fall of Reach. Considering how Kilo 5 seems to be the addition to the 'origin story* for spartan 3's.

I dont think I will hate seeing the spartans change to be more 'human' in the end.

Spoiler

Hopefully there will be a blank canvas map creator like Forge World in Halo: Reach.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I do still want to read them, since I am coming from Ghosts of Onyx, I might start going through the 'main' novels first though, that is if I can get my hands on the 2011 version of Fall of Reach. Considering how Kilo 5 seems to be the addition to the 'origin story* for spartan 3's.

I dont think I will hate seeing the spartans change to be more 'human' in the end.

I'm with you, I really need to keep reading. Onyx was the last one I left off on, I was still under the impression Blue Team + co. were stuck in the Dyson Sphere, but apparently not, since Halsey is clearly in Halo 4.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

I'm with you, I really need to keep reading. Onyx was the last one I left off on, I was still under the impression Blue Team + co. were stuck in the Dyson Sphere, but apparently not, since Halsey is clearly in Halo 4.

Umm, halsey was also on reach, Ghosts of Onyx was before that. Unless I am mistaken.

Spoiler

Umm, halsey was also on reach, Ghosts of Onyx was before that. Unless I am mistaken.

Nope, after it.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

How is it wasting money if you are enjoying the exclusives consoles provide?

Because I already have a PC. I'm not spending 400$ on a console to play 1 game.

Nope, after it.

I am so confused of the timeline ATM, I need a list that show dates and events.

So many things happen in 2552, I can't keep track of it all.

EDIT: Not to mention GoO jumps several years in places, no wonder why I cant keep up.

Spoiler

I am so confused of the timeline ATM, I need a list that show dates and events.

So many things happen in 2552, I can't keep track of it all.

First part of Onyx> Fall Of Reach> Alpha Halo Blows up>Rest of Onyx> Part of glasslands? >Halo2 1st 1/2>ODST>Halo 2 2nd 1/2>Halo 3>Rest of Glasslands

Something like this.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

First part of Onyx> Fall Of Reach> Alpha Halo Blows up>Rest of Onyx> Part of glasslands? >Halo2 1st 1/2>ODST>Halo 2 2nd 1/2>Halo 3>Rest of Glasslands

Something like this.

That is almost helping lol. I think I just found a reason to re-read Onyx. I do think I know how things go from H2 forward at least... I hope...

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if a S3 found it's way to halo 5, hell a spartan 1 or 1.1 wouldn't surprise me anymore.

Spoiler

That is almost helping lol. I think I just found a reason to re-read Onyx. I do think I know how things go from H2 forward at least... I hope...

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if a S3 found it's way to halo 5, hell a spartan 1 or 1.1 wouldn't surprise me anymore.

As far as I know all living Spartan 3's either retired or became Spartan 4's.

Yeah, it would be cool of a Spartan 1 was in Halo 5. Doubt it tho, since iirc Johnson was the last Spartan 1.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

This game is the main reason why I bought the xbox one.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.