Would like recommendations on parts for a custom loop

So I've gone through most of my upgrade path for my PC, aside from a couple SSD's im going to be picking up fairly soon .My next idea is to do a full custom loop for my cpu and gpu.

Specs are as listed

CPU: i7-4790k (OC: 4.7Ghz)

Mobo: MSI Z97-G43 Matx

GPU: Nvidia GTX 980 strix

RAM: 16GB 1600MHz

PSU: CX600 Watt Corsair

Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

At the moment i have an All-in-one for my CPU, and performance is fine.

I'm mostly just doing this for aesthetics and the slight performance increase that a custom loop might provide.

I'm sure you all have seen the picture provided a million times before, well its sexy so :P.

I would like to have that same bay res but in blue. I just don't know the name of it or anything

Anyways to sum this up, I don't know what to look for when buying water cooling parts or what to account for,

I would extremely appreciate any help you guys can bring me and hopefully it will end up looking fantastic.

post-83536-0-39235300-1433824177.jpg

thats an XSPC dual bay res

for watercooling parts, buy from EKWB, XSPC, alphacool, and bitspower

if you want to make thing simple and a little cheaper buy one of the kits from EK or XSPC

they come with everything you need to get started

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Damn that was fast, lol. Alright cool Any particular preference inbetween those companies/websites? and money isn't that big a deal im aiming for it to cost anywhere from 500-800USD

Damn that was fast, lol. Alright cool Any particular preference inbetween those companies/websites? and money isn't that big a deal im aiming for it to cost anywhere from 500-800USD

those four companies I listed are the ones I trust most :)

they are expensive compared to others but quality is very important when putting liquid in a computer ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

those four companies I listed are the ones I trust most :)

they are expensive compared to others but quality is very important when putting liquid in a computer ;)

Yeah quality is top priority, followed closely by sexiness

Yeah quality is top priority, followed closely by sexiness

for fittings I always go with bitspower

tubing and waterblocks/resevoirs EK or XSPC

alphacool has a giant selection of high quality radiators

and finally, any D5 pump will be great, but I recommend one that is variable speed so you dont need it always at 100%

Spoiler

for fittings I always go with bitspower

tubing and waterblocks/resevoirs EK or XSPC

alphacool has a giant selection of high quality radiators

and finally, any D5 pump will be great, but I recommend one that is variable speed so you dont need it always at 100%

Awesome. Thanks this is alot of help, pumps are what mostly confused me haha. I'd go to some websites and i can read the specs, but because this is my first time i have nothing to compare it to or what to look for

Also another question. for G1/4 Fittings, what size tubing should i look for?

Edit: I'm thinking 3/8"-5/8" is a good bet, Would the extra tubing thickness provide a better seal?

Also another question. for G1/4 Fittings, what size tubing should i look for?

Edit: I'm thinking 3/8"-5/8" is a good bet, Would the extra tubing thickness provide a better seal?

no the only difference between tubing sizes is the looks

as long as you get the right fittings for the tubing size they will all seal perfectly

Spoiler

Well since @adamdidthis linked that EKWB configurator, ive quickly thrown together a parts list on their website, just wanting to know if i have the right idea, and if i'm missing anything

CPU Block: http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-supremacy-evo-acetal-nickel.html

GPU Block: http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc980-gtx-strix-acetal-nickel.html

Bay/res: http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-dbay-d5-vario-incl-pump.html

Rad: http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-coolstream-pe-240-dual.html <--- definitley going to look for another one i would prefer a 280mm

Fittings: http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-hdc-fitting-12mm-g1-4-nickel.htmlx8

Tubing: http://www.ekwb.com/shop/tube-primochill-primoflextm-advanced-lrttm-15-9-9-5mm-brilliant-uv-blue-pflexa-58-b.html

Edit: Also would i need to upgrade my PSU? wondering about that, dont know how much power this can draw