HTC One ME sports HTC’s sharpest display, and you can’t have it

HTC-One-ME-4-770x420.png

I don't think HTC understands what a flagship means. Flagship. Singular. One ultimate device for your generation. Thats it. Best you can muster for the release cycle. 

Yet we have yet another HTC One 'flagship' for Asia. Because HTC thinks making new hardware based off the One over and over will fix the lacklustre reception their phones have been getting this year. 

In all honesty, maybe this should've been the M9 that HTC sold North America and Europe in the first place. Maybe HTC needs to really take the best of everything and make a single phone. This thing does have a fingerprint scanner, but its not a button. Doesn't make sense, since you still get these god awful double bezels and I can't honestly think that anyone at HTC actually thinks this looks nice anymore. 

HTC, please get your shit together. No? Yes? Please don't release a HTC One ME9+ now after this...and yes this device is either the ME or ME9 depending on what sources you read. Keep getting confused people, its the HTC way. 

HTC-One-ME.png

Oh, HTC, we're starting to lose track of all your tempting Asia-only models. The Taiwanese company has just revealed the One ME, which is basically an M9+ with less metal and no Duo camera (as rumored). We understand if you're having trouble keeping up, so here are the boilerplate specs. The ME has a polycarbonate body with a metal frame like the 5.5-inch E9+, but with a smaller 5.2-inch Quad HD (2,560 x 1,440) screen for a stunning 565 ppi -- making it HTC's sharpest phone to date. The CPU is a MediaTek Helio X10 eight-core job running at 2.2GHz with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage expandable to 2TB via microSDXC.

Other specs include dual-SIMs, a fingerprint sensor, a 2,840mAh battery, HTC's Sense flavor of Android and 20-megapixel (non-Duo) rear/Ultrapixel front cameras. That rather great-sounding model now joins the 5-inch HTC One M9, the 5.2-inch M9+, and the 5.5-inch E9 and E9+ models in HTC's stable of thoroughbred devices, making it hard to pick a single "flagship." There's no word on pricing or availability yet, but chances are this One won't come to North America either.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/04/htc-one-me/

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-one-me-sports-htcs-sharpest-display-and-you-cant-have-it-04386756/

Nice to live in Asia finally :)

But you have to understand that there are also flagships that are released only in the US / Europe that the rest of the world don't get, so imho it's people who used to have everything whining that now someone else has something better than them. Privileged? maybe.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Why the fuck would they make so many different version of the same phone with almost the same name.....

Also I agree 100% with VS, that double bezel looks horrible.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

If I'm reading this correctly, the phone is available only in Asia. That means people residing in Asia can have it, but people outside cannot. The title made me think that it wasn't available to consumers

I don't see an issue with this either. The Asian market is HUGE, so perhaps another high end device over there is a good thing, but I could be wrong. Let's see how this plays out

Probably because most people on the forum are from outside of Asia, but I can see how it can be misleading in that regard. Point still stands though.

Why the fuck would they make so many different version of the same phone with almost the same name.....

People like to give shit to Apple about "having such huge bezels" but at least Apple designed that shit to be appealing and not obscenely and insultingly ugly. 

Apple-iPhone-6-vs-HTC-One-M8-01.jpg

People like to give shit to Apple about "having such huge bezels" but at least Apple designed that shit to be appealing and not obscenely and insultingly ugly. 

I think that HTC has a superior design when compared to iPhone (also front speakers?). Also if it has a physical button (the front one), it's a big no for me.

OT: Still waiting for a reason to have QHD on a phone, especially on a 5.2''. My G2 has more than a great screen for that size.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Should have changed design at the M8 imo. The M8 is still beautiful.

People complain about the chin bar but forget Samsung with it's logo as the forehead.

Either way, I think this render art should be what the M9 should have been imo:

HTC-One-M9-renders---this-phone-is-on-fi

That looks sleek, it looks more finished, more refined. You know? Like, started with the M7, made it somewhat more elegant with the M8's curved back, then make the front elegant with this design . While still retaining speakers.

Sadly it didn't happen.

If I'm reading this correctly, the phone is available only in Asia. That means people residing in Asia can have it, but people outside cannot. The title made me think that it wasn't available to consumers

I don't see an issue with this either. The Asian market is HUGE, so perhaps another high end device over there is a good thing, but I could be wrong. Let's see how this plays out

Maybe it's less restrictions so they get more options to choose from? Went to Computex a few years back and in Taipei 101 there was a electronic store (can't remember if it was Sony or something else). They had a row of differnt color PSPs from Lime Green, Neon Blue, Berry Pink, Pumpkin Orange, and many more. Right here you only get Black or if lucky White. Then there are those fridges, some are laser etched with elegant abstract design or others with different colors besides your standard silver or black.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Wait, so this isn't the M9+ that MKBHD just made a video about? They made another version that's almost exactly the same?

I don't get their strategy.

I am not really sure if this is a flagship since it has a high-mid range SoC. Octa core A53 chip instead of the quad A53 + quad A57 in the M9.

As far as looks goes, I think it's alright. The misaligned speaks are really triggering my OCD though, and it looks even worse now that the fingerprint scanner (why not a button as well?) is in the middle.

053ca482887a2f733.gif   When not even HTC have any idea on what they're doing when making 'high end' phones.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

-snip-

People would bitch that they copied the iphone 4/5 if they released a phone that looked like that, i do agree though it looks really nice and i wish they did release a phone that looked like that.

Quad HD phone screens are stupid (even though my phone has one >_>). Only complete idiots would really want this.

Yes, fuck good speakers! How it looks is muck more important! *rolls eyes*

Yes, fuck good speakers! How it looks is muck more important! *rolls eyes*

Speakers aren't even used that much...if you wanted to listen to music you would use some proper headphones.In other tasks, let's say playing some games,it won't make that much of a notice.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

-/-

No front-facing speakers though.

LG-G3-Smartphone-19.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Apple-iPhone-6-vs-HTC-One-M8-01.jpg

At least it has uniform design on the iPhone. The HTC phone has the metal styled bottom bezel and then a weird glossy glass HTC bar above that. The 2 don't match. And to make it worse a software bezel as well..

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

well you could have one if you imported one. most Chinese bands are the same as US and European networks.

some phones just support everything! the oneplus one works in almost every country on all networks. it lacks 1 or 2 4g bands but I've not had issues on a network that uses those bands.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

People would bitch that they copied the iphone 4/5 if they released a phone that looked like that, i do agree though it looks really nice and i wish they did release a phone that looked like that.

Let's be fair, people bitch anyways these days so that's not any excuse to not design a better looking phone. Only insensitive fanboys care that one phone aped another or one is more expensive than another therefore isn't as good. Just make a good phone.

HTC needs to fire their designers and start from scratch here.

Classic HTC. Always scrambling to catch up to the competition by tacking on random features rather than integrating them into a seamless design. 

and @Sidiox, thanks for pointing out that the software buttons is essentially a 3rd bezel. Didn't think about it that way but now it's glaring.

Classic HTC. Always scrambling to catch up to the competition by tacking on random features rather than integrating them into a seamless design.

and @Sidiox, thanks for pointing out that the software buttons is essentially a 3rd bezel. Didn't think about it that way but now it's glaring.

It is the HTC way. Attention to detail matters and they don't have it. Nexus One and M7 are their best phones. That's sad. They find one design and then run it into the ground.

Speakers aren't even used that much...if you wanted to listen to music you would use some proper headphones.In other tasks, let's say playing some games,it won't make that much of a notice.

I'm a function over form kinda guy, sorry. If all you care about is how a phone looks, buy an iPhone and stop complaining about companies trying to be unique and offer more than the standard black slab.