Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

I signed up couple of days ago. Maybe I should have posted here first but oh well. Check my signature for my build pics, full parts, and a build log. If people are wondering about my profile pic I love Victoria Justice. I will leave it right there.  

Diamond Cube https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wvPscf 

Diamond 2.0 The FX Rev 2.0 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z6sMLk

The only Ryce that can Make It Shine Gamer plus a Student Games,Tech,and everything in Between. Showing all Love to@victoriajustice

why do I get logged off so often?

How do you display your specs under your posts??

My specs:Fractal Define R4, i5 2550k, Asus GTX 560ti 2GB, Samsung 840 pro 120GB SSD, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM ,Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Corsair 600w PSU

I signed up couple of days ago. Maybe I should have posted here first but oh well. Check my signature for my build pics, full parts, and a build log. If people are wondering about my profile pic I love Victoria Justice. I will leave it right there.  

Welcome to the forum! :)

why do I get logged off so often?

Did you try checking the "Remember Me" button located in the login screen?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I've been watching the LTT youtube channel for quite sometime and I have been hearing about this forum too. So I have finally signed up and was going through some posts. I think this is a wonderful community with not too much RTFM a*holes. I may be able to contribute to this community too.  :D

Did you try checking the "Remember Me" button located in the login screen?

Yes I did. Is it because I refresh the page a lot?

So... me. Right. Um... hi. I'm new, and currently sleep deprived, so this will probably meander through a lot of badly cliched attempts at humor while I try to make myself not seem like a total putz. Also please forgive typos, I'm typing on my (totally awesome) Surface and am far too lazy to dig out a proper keyboard at the moment.

Anyway. Name's Alex. Call me that or Oseirus or Oz or "Your Highness" or whatever else you feel is appropriate. Right now home is in Northern California, but I am currently deployed about 8000 miles from said home as an aircraft mechanic in the US Air Force. Decided to join the forums after hearing Linus and Slick plug the ever-loving crap out of them on a particularly spastic Livestream Archive (May 10?). Plus there's also the copious amounts of begging for help that I will be needing with the new rig I'm planning once I make it home.

Speaking of rigs, I'll toss up parts listings in the next couple days for the painfully amateuristic sleeper/disaster that I'm running now, as well as my slightly less amateuristic, moderately educated/almost-not-a-disaster new build. Pictures and maybe a full log will come when I get out of this sandpit and can finally dive into the thick of it.

As a note, I'm the last person you need to worry about of offending. Political Correctness is a blight everywhere and a curse word in my vocabulary, and my sense of humor tends to reflect that opinion. Anything goes. Being said, if I cross a line, please feel free to set me straight. I'm a jackass, but I will admit when I'm wrong.

'bout all I've got for now. Thanks for having me, and I look forward to interacting with all of you in the future.

(... I'll bring the riding crops.)

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

I've been watching the LTT youtube channel for quite sometime and I have been hearing about this forum too. So I have finally signed up and was going through some posts. I think this is a wonderful community with not too much RTFM a*holes. I may be able to contribute to this community too.  :D

Welcome to the forum! Hope you will enjoy this community! :)

Yes I did. Is it because I refresh the page a lot?

No I don't think that is the problem. I load lots of LTT pages and I don't experience this problem. What browser are you using? Check your cookies settings to make sure that they are not set to block certain cookies.

So... me. Right. Um... hi. I'm new, and currently sleep deprived, so this will probably meander through a lot of badly cliched attempts at humor while I try to make myself not seem like a total putz. Also please forgive typos, I'm typing on my (totally awesome) Surface and am far too lazy to dig out a proper keyboard at the moment.

Anyway. Name's Alex. Call me that or Oseirus or Oz or "Your Highness" or whatever else you feel is appropriate. Right now home is in Northern California, but I am currently deployed about 8000 miles from said home as an aircraft mechanic in the US Air Force. Decided to join the forums after hearing Linus and Slick plug the ever-loving crap out of them on a particularly spastic Livestream Archive (May 10?). Plus there's also the copious amounts of begging for help that I will be needing with the new rig I'm planning once I make it home.

Speaking of rigs, I'll toss up parts listings in the next couple days for the painfully amateuristic sleeper/disaster that I'm running now, as well as my slightly less amateuristic, moderately educated/almost-not-a-disaster new build. Pictures and maybe a full log will come when I get out of this sandpit and can finally dive into the thick of it.

As a note, I'm the last person you need to worry about of offending. Political Correctness is a blight everywhere and a curse word in my vocabulary, and my sense of humor tends to reflect that opinion. Anything goes. Being said, if I cross a line, please feel free to set me straight. I'm a jackass, but I will admit when I'm wrong.

'bout all I've got for now. Thanks for having me, and I look forward to interacting with all of you in the future.

(... I'll bring the riding crops.)

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for providing us with a description about yourself! :)

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

kewl

i7-3770k, Gigabyte UD5H, NZXT Switch 810, OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, 560 ti Twin Frozr II OC 2GB, Cooler Master V8, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, OCZ Modxstream 700w, Corsair k60 and M65. OH and RED LED LIGHTS   FUCK YA    :)

Welcome to the forum! Hope you will enjoy this community! :)

No I don't think that is the problem. I load lots of LTT pages and I don't experience this problem. What browser are you using? Check your cookies settings to make sure that they are not set to block certain cookies.

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for providing us with a description about yourself! :)

I'm currently using google chrome. I'll try using mozzila, then tell you if it still happens.

Writting this from firefox browser. Must've been something with google chrome. Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the forums guys :)

amazing forum

Welcome :)

Howdy folks, been a long time watcher of the LinusTechTips videos and live stream, finally decided to join the forums. I look forward to being a part of this community.

Cole

CPU: i7 2600 | CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Loki | GPU: Galaxy GTX 660 | Memory: 16gb Crucial ddr3 1333 | Storage: Mushkin 240GB SSD, Seagate 2TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Raidmax Helios | PSU: Cooler Master GX750 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67WA-USB3-B3

I'm not sure, but I think this might need to be updated.

Sarah Jessica Parker

I'm not sure, but I think this might need to be updated.

He still wears socks and sandals. Times for him don't change. 

Hello from a long time lurker of the youtube channel / livestream.

ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme/U3.1 i7 5820K @ 4.5GHz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning 6GB @ 1500/7096MHz (in 2-Way SLI) Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 as Boot Drive 2x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint as Storage Drives Corsair AX1200i Antec Performance One P280 1x Asus ROG Swift PG279Q (27" Widescreen IPS 165Hz G-Sync) 1x Sony GDM-FW900 [22" widescreen CRT] Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP 1

Gr8 forum !!!!!! got my problems solved within hours.....

most active forum and great members.

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Hello from a long time lurker of the youtube channel / livestream.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy this community! :)

Gr8 forum !!!!!! got my problems solved within hours.....

most active forum and great members.

Welcome! Glad you solved your problem quickly! :)

Hello Everyone! I'm new to the forum but not to the linustechtips community, I've done a bit of poking around on the forums and it looks great! Just wanted to say hello.

My Main Rig

-CPU: i7-3820 @ 4.375ghz  -GPU: Gigabyte GTX 670 @ 1ghz  -RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb @ 1666mhz  -Motherboard: Rampage IV Formula  -CPU Cooler: H100i  -PSU: Corsair AX850    -Case: Corsair 600t  -SSD: 128gb OCZ Vertex 3  -SSD: 256gb OCZ Agility 4  -SSD: 60gb OCZ Agility 3  -Monitor: ASUS VE228H -Monitor: Crappy HP 19" -Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate  -Headset: Turtle Beach X11

Hello Everyone! I'm new to the forum but not to the linustechtips community, I've done a bit of poking around on the forums and it looks great! Just wanted to say hello.

i love watching linus and slicks live streams just because of all the problems they have with the stream :) and i just found this webpage and i already love it and just wanted to say hello to everyone :)