Meaning of Strix

JoshK

Has anyone actually bothered to find out what Strix meant in Asuss product lines? Haha well I did. 

"In Ancient Roman and Greek legends was a bird of ill omen, product of metamorphosis, that fed on human flesh and blood."

In Greek it is translated to owl. 

"They are birds with long golden beaks that they use to suck the blood of infants, their favorite victims. They also have wings, usually red, and four black legs, all with clawed feet. Their eyes are yellow and round, without pupils."

You can read more at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strix_(mythology)

Interesting.

Slowpoke.gif

You just found out? xD

Well I knew it had something to do with owls because of the packaging but I didnt know it went as far as Greek and Ancient Roman mythology. 

STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5_2D.jpg

Sure looks like it was designed to resemble an owl's face. (most of it at least)

and this is just a dead giveaway xD

eagle.jpg

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Nice. I thought it was just like Krait, cool but meaningless. Or has Krait meaning too? Probably.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Nice. I thought it was just like Krait, cool but meaningless. Or has Krait meaning too? Probably.

Kraits are a type of snake that have white and black stripes, hence the colour scheme of the MOBO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strix_%28mythology%29

In Greek, Strix means "owl." Strix was an bird of ill omen that fed on human flesh and blood.

Description from Wikipedia is as follows:

They are birds with long golden beaks that they use to suck the blood of infants, their favorite victims. They also have wings, usually red, and four black legs, all with clawed feet. Their eyes are yellow and round, without pupils.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

post-172131-0-48833400-1433508012.jpg

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress