Logitech extends its 'artisan craftsmanship’ series with MX Anywhere 2 mouse

mx-anywhere-2.jpg

The MX Master has a little brother, the Anywhere 2. Same design, same build quality; basically everything you loved about the MX line in a tiny size. Which I think is very appealing for mobile users who don't exactly want to haul around the large version around.

I have the older version, I liked it but IMHO I just dealt with the extra space the MX Performance took up after a while, the ergonomics are just too good. At least this mini mouse retains most of the features of the big brother, so you don't give up much in that regard. It is available now, if you so desire. 

Glenwing, aren't you glad you don't need to lock this thread too? :P

mx_anywhere_2_side_shots_this_time.0.jpg

Logitech says the Anywhere 2 is the "mobile version" of the MX Master, and uses the same Darkfield laser sensor to track on any surface — including glass. It also gives customers the option of pairing to either Windows or Mac computers using the company's Unifying dongle or a standard Bluetooth connection. Pairing via Bluetooth allows users to connect with three devices at once, switching between them using a button located on the bottom of the mouse.

In terms of looks, the Anywhere 2 is less aggressively contoured than the MX Master, with smoother sides and a more conventional, symmetrical look. It does have a similar, if smaller, thumb rest for right-handers adorned in some neat polygonal art as the MX Master, but drops the latter's extra scroll wheel in favor of a pair of buttons.

Like its bigger sibling it comes with a rechargeable internal battery, this one lasting up to two months at full charge and up to two hours after just a minute plugged in. The MX Anywhere 2 is set to retail for $79.99 — $20 cheaper than the MX Master. However, unlike the latter, there's no mention that the Anywhere 2 has been "hand-sculpted." For that you've got a shell out a little extra.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/3/8696667/logitech-mx-anywhere-2

Looks good.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

That price is insane whatever you say. 60 of any currency is the price top end mice should be at. Okay g502 is slightly more expensive, but seriously 80 for a laptop mouse?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

That price is insane whatever you say. 60 of any currency is the price top end mice should be at. Okay g502 is slightly more expensive, but seriously 80 for a laptop mouse?

My Performance MX was bought in 2009, 99 dollars. It still works in 2015, with a single issue. 

Some people like paying for quality, who would've thunk it. 

My camera lenses range from 750-2600 dollars. Are those prices insane too? 

My Performance MX was bought in 2009, 99 dollars. It still works in 2015, with a single issue. 

My camera lenses range from 750-2600 dollars. Are those prices insane too? 

There are quality mice below that price though... I don't see a single benefit of this one over it's competitors.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I guess that's good news for @ShadowCaptain , he liked the nano.

HOLY BALLS me wanty

There are quality mice below that price though... I don't see a single benefit of this one over it's competitors.

Still 100% buying one

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The designs speaks for the price, it's a mouse you will feel proud of having on your desk IMHO that's worth the price premium.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I taught it would have the motorized switch system between click and free spin... but doesn't look like.

It it like the old version, with a bit better sensor, internal battery, and 3 system switch system.

What I find shameful is the warranty of Logitech new mouses.. only 1 year :( They used to be 3 years.

My brother in law bought the Performance MX in 2012./2013. not sure which year exactly. Died few weeks ago. So yeah, quality. I know, don't base the whole series on 1 mouse. Just saying there's 2 sides of every story.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Gold trim and triangles textures. Looks like something I'd expect to see in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

(Which is a compliment)

Hmmmm. 

Looks good. Not compact enough for me though.

I have my Surface Mouse SP3 edition. Is quite a bit smaller, which is important for me.

mk_ATBM_slvr_large.jpg

If going for a logitech mobility mouse I'd rather buy a T630 or T631, also way smaller

When on the move these full size mice are just too thick for most of my carrying bags. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

snip

Well, first of all it looks really good. Also, it's a wireless mouse that also works with Bluetooth for 3 devices in which it can switch between. Then there's also the any surface sensor it has. Sounds quite reasonable to be at that price. Looking at just the gaming mouses, we can see that a wireless version for adds $20-40. Seems like more features for your buck

I wish I had a mouse with the internals of a G502 that looks kind of like that.

Sexy mouse mang

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I so want the MX Master, so I'm ready for Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I've been waiting for a successor to the original!  Has release date been announced yet?  I haven't been able to find one Anywhere.  lolz.  But really, release date?