How is the 980TI beating the Titan X in quite a few benchmarks ive seen?

Profoundsoup

As linus said, GPU Boost 2.0 is turboing the cards up.

They just got Lucky Samples apparently.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

DEEZ NUTS

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

NVIDIA made so much money from the 900 cards, this is like charity. They're selling 980Tis at a loss, but it's to give back to their wonderful supporters. 

because nvidia trolled people into buying the titan x because it has 12gb of vram, just like they trolled us with the 970 having "4gb" of vram when it slows down after  3.5gb.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

The boost clock, and I wonder if it could be from the thermal throttling that I've heard the titan x has a few issues with.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

it boost clocks higher

the difference is irrelevant when you overclock both cards

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

because nvidia trolled people into buying the titan x because it has 12gb of vram, just like they trolled us with the 970 having "4gb" of vram when it slows down after  3.5gb.

The 1st 1/2 of this post makes no sense...

The 2nd part is plain wrong, unintentional design error =/= trolling...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Well for one, they're trading blows; the 980 Ti isn't outright decimating the Titan X. Price-to-performance it is, but not pure performance.

Two, it can boost to a higher clock speed.

erm im saying that nvidia tricked  people into buying a titan x when they knew the 980ti would be as good just so they could make more money, second of all no it wasnt unintentional or they would have fixed it......

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

NVIDIA made so much money from the 900 cards, this is like charity. They're selling 980Tis at a loss, but it's to give back to their wonderful supporters. 

coming from an 18 year old

yeah right

Random variance.

Boost clock.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

coming from an 18 year old

yeah right

I don't understand what you're saying...

Nvidia selling at a loss?

3.5/4 joke.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

As linus said, GPU Boost 2.0 is turboing the cards up.

They just got Lucky Samples apparently.

"lucky"

marketing division at work.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Nvidia selling at a loss?

3.5/4 joke.

It was a clear joke. :-) (I hope it was clear. I thought "wonderful supporters" and italics should have sold it quite well.)

It was a clear joke. :-) (I hope it was clear. I thought "wonderful supporters" and italics should have sold it quite well.)

didn't seem like it to me

if it is, damn man, how do you get girls?

erm im saying that nvidia tricked  people into buying a titan x when they knew the 980ti would be as good just so they could make more money, second of all no it wasnt unintentional or they would have fixed it......

1a. What does that have to do with the 12 GB of Vram at all...

1b. Anyone who bought a Titan X would have probably done research into Nvidia market trends, and saw a 980 Ti would come out, and spec for spec it's technically insuperior. And stock to Stock the Titan X wins. If one overclocks the Titan X, it still wins.

2. How could they fix a hardware issue on a product that was out for 3 months, before anyone realized it was an issue.

"lucky"

marketing division at work.

Silicon lottery, we don't know if the cards will be good overclockers or not, as the heat benchmarks Linus showed in the video, they have lots of potential.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

didn't seem like it to me

if it is, damn man, how do you get girls?

I work on a farm. Physical labor goes a looong way. 

Erm by rectifying it... If someone makes something that doesn't work as intended it's their job to fix it, they should have given people compensation. Dm anyway this is about something else. I'd get a 980ti if I could afford one, still quite expensive but Deffo worth it.

Nvidia rick rolled everyone xD

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-