I am wondering if I need to upgrade to gaming keyboard and mouse

michaelwoodard187

Hello again I have been toying with the idea upgrading from my $30 walmart wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard.

I game a lot on my pc and I don't have a problem with my set up but I am wondering if I am missing out by not having a good gaming keyboard and mouse.

It's just something that is bugging me lately any info or thoughts would be awesome thanks.

You don't need to, but you could.

I'd recommend the corsair m65, its a pretty great mouse, and for a keyboard any decent quality mechanical keyboard should be fine, just be sure to get the type of switch that you want.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Hello again I have been toying with the idea upgrading from my $30 walmart wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard.

I game a lot on my pc and I don't have a problem with my set up but I am wondering if I am missing out by not having a good gaming keyboard and mouse.

It's just something that is bugging me lately any info or thoughts would be awesome thanks.

You might be missing out if your mouse's sensor sucks but that's likely it. You can buy a Logitech G100s if you want a nice sensor and a cheap mouse.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

You don't need to, but you could.

I'd recommend the corsair m65, its a pretty great mouse, and for a keyboard any decent quality mechanical keyboard should be fine, just be sure to get the type of switch that you want.

M45 has a better sensor but both use a pretty distinct grip so he should know what grip he uses first. 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

You don't have to, but i find a mechanical keyboard is super nice for gaming. Also, if you're going to upgrade, get something wired so it is more reliable.

Hope this helps :D

Dual Boot Windows & Hackintosh

CPU: Intel 4790K | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero Vii | GPU: Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 970 | Display: ASUS PB278Q | Case: Phantom 630 | PSU: Corsair HX1000i 

Canada eh? 

I headed up to frys to check out your suggestions because I am near by it. I do agree that wired would be more reliable. So I am going see what I can find. I will keep yall updated.

I headed up to frys to check out your suggestions because I am near by it. I do agree that wired would be more reliable. So I am going see what I can find. I will keep yall updated.

G402 master race

I couldn't find a g402 mouse all i could find was the g300 series mouses but I did find a g105 keyboard seems pretty solid to me. As for corsair all I see the k 70 , k 40 and k95

Good news I found a g402 mouse and the g105 keyboard was on sale for $39.99. So I think I am going to stick to Logitech for now. So walk out will $100 bucks that ain't bad. Thanks for the help guys

Speaking of that mouse, I  have it and I love it...why does Linus not recommend it due to the laser sensor?   It's accurate for me.

Yeah, and I myself have seen no mouse acceleration from it, though I've also disabled acceleration from the windows mouse settings menu.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It must be a sponsoring deal issue or something. I am not a pro gamer that goes to competitions but I do get a kick when I can make my gaming setup perform better.

Well, here is the difference of what should be(the dot on the left), and what actually is(the crosshair position) with A9800 after approx. 35cm of movement, results vary ofc from unit to unit and are surface depended, altough the Kone XTD i have tested A9800with is already one of the better examples.

sthuywmf.jpg