school computer experiences

Pony080905

Well they have i3 on the front but I crashed them all in the school by clicking the render button in after effects. Admitted it was a 1hr video.

at my school they have lenovo R61's they are terribly slow, i know that they are old

but what makes them really slow is the fake that they have 1.5GB of ram and a 64Bit version of windows 7, they originally came with windows xp the school "upgraded" them.

they also have celeron 540 cpus

do you guys have any experiences  like this 

they also have the keyboard nipple

Lenovo fanboy incoming....

The R61i are beasts when upgraded to a Core2Duo and 4 gigs of ram, i have one. (and my dad like 3 of them. He aslo has a T60, a T61,T61p, a X200 and a T40)

As for the nipple, look at the Lenovo X1 Carbon.

Clitoris-rubbing-mouse-nipple ftw! 

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

yes my college still use dell optiplexs with pentium core duos, the only area that used something modern is in the library were the use lenevo thinkcentres with i3's (or is it pentiums I forget).

needless to say the dell optiplexs are painfully slow and it causes a lot of frustrations for my CIS instructors, the fact that they expect these computers to run vmware is absurd, my thinkpad yoga with an i 5200u ( not exactly great for virtualization) runs window 7  virtual machines better then the dell optiplex.

as for my high school I have no idea, as I was not into computers at the time, they probably were pentium 4's (considering this was 2004-2008 this would make sense) some ran linux,probably debian with gnome, and others had windows xp.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

For our "Digital Electronics" class and/or the computer room, we have computers with $35 core 2 duo cpu's in them and upgraded ram from 2 to four gigs because our program (multisim) took over one minute to launch. Also, 80 gig HDD's. I also think it's ddr2... bleh.

EDIT- Some have ambient cooled really old quadros in them because they are branded "Workstation" pc's by Hp. Srsly. I can't remember exactly though. Will probably update this post.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

For our "Digital Electronics" class and/or the computer room, we have computers with $35 core 2 duo cpu's in them and upgraded ram from 2 to four gigs because our program (multisim) took over one minute to launch. Also, 80 gig HDD's. I also think it's ddr2... bleh.

EDIT- Some have ambient cooled really old quadros in them because they are branded "Workstation" pc's by Hp. Srsly. I can't remember exactly though. Will probably update this post.

They changed the pcs in our computer lab to iMac, with i3's and a GT 640m

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

Well i had a thread about this a while back

My school computers are crap

The "best" ones have ivybbridge i3s and 4GB RAM and 500GB HDDs. The rest use core 2 duos or pentiums 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

at my school they have lenovo R61's they are terribly slow, i know that they are old

but what makes them really slow is the fake that they have 1.5GB of ram and a 64Bit version of windows 7, they originally came with windows xp the school "upgraded" them.

they also have celeron 540 cpus

do you guys have any experiences  like this 

they also have the keyboard nipple

HEY! Don't hate the nipple, man... my current laptop has one (ThinkPad Yoga). I personally think they add character... haha.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

We have nice lenovo aio's with i3 and 8gb ram in tech labs, aio with pentinum and 4gb ram in library, imacs that are a few years old in video room

Laptop carts with (oldish) i5s and 4gb ram, soon to be replaced by think pad yogas.

So no, we are good

This Is my high school.

Also smart board and projector in every room.

But we had to cancel all field trips and lay off teachers.

And we are getting a 80,000$ "virtual shell" for our stage, as our old physical shell caught on fire...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

My school used to use HP Compaq Elite 8300s but upgraded to 16gb of ram an old probably first generation i7 processor, and than run between 6-10 thin clients off of one of those, and they wondered why they just "stopped" working... So now we have some Lenovo workstations with Core2Duos and 4gb of ram or so.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

At my school, we have 3 generations of Dell OptiPlex desktops. The newest ones have i5-4570s and 8GBs of RAM, with touchscreens, have Windows 7 loaded, so the touch support is awful. The next step down has Core i5-3570s and 8GB of RAM, and then a step down from that are Core 2 Quads with 4GB of RAM.

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

My schools IT lab has i5 with 4GB of ram. We were able to get halo CE and have a LAN party, but the games were running around 30-40 with some dips into the 20. I can't wait until everyone requires better computers. So it would be easy to snag a deal on buying a simple with Windows 7 on it for cheap. But for right now the only unwanted hardware is XP/Vista.

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m

HEY! Don't hate the nipple, man... my current laptop has one (ThinkPad Yoga). I personally think they add character... haha.

they nipple isnt bad, its when the kids steal them and you have to use the end of a pencil

“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

• 3 months later...

We're using Dell Wyse thin clients to connect using RDP to VMs on overdedicated servers. 6 of them, each has 240GB of RAM and some old Xeon. 1.5GB per VM.

Hey that sounds like one of my clients!

we have mostly 2 classrooms with core 2 duos 2.94Ghz nad GT 9xxx (i think) GPUs

and one class room has i think 4th gen i5s and QUADRO K600s, with windows 7

waste of money for the Quadros imo

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

we have mostly 2 classrooms with core 2 duos 2.94Ghz nad GT 9xxx (i think) GPUs

and one class room has i think 4th gen i5s and QUADRO K600s, with windows 7

waste of money for the Quadros imo

we have a class that has a dual xeon for video rendering, and my class has 16 pcs with i7s and 16gb of ram for running virtual machines 

My school uses these dell optiplexes with core duo and 2 gb ram.  They are about 8-10 years old.  They play minecraft like a slideshow and lag on meatspin...We used to have these vista laptops that were surprisingly decent.  Now we have Windows 8 hp laptops that actually worse xD.  

my (high)school runs hp workstations with xeons and quaddros.......each pc cost 4+ grand with a multi GIGAbit network

We have BYOD at our school, so no.

i wish our school would allow that

If the US' education system wasn't so underfunded then maybe their IT infrastructure would be in better shape.

i wish our school would allow that

It's really, really distracting.

I don't like it tbh

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)