Gmail vs. Outlook? need some advice

MalaCraft

hey guys.

i am planning to move my email & stuff to a new provider.

i think since i already have a microsoft-account for my Windows i might just go with an outlook address & OneDrive.

you should know i am not a heavy email and cloud-storage user so it does not really matter if i am going with GoogleDrive or OneDrive.

it would be practical to stay with one provider instead of having multible accounts for every single service.

i dont know what to choose cause both ways are easy accessible on Phone and PC.

so my question is: are there any major benefits for one over the other?

and please... no childish Microsoft or Google hating.

"Well, not even last night's storm could wake you. I heard them say we've reached Morrowind, I'm sure they'll let us go."

the UI of outlook is horrible

also alot more services use gmail

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I use both - Gmail for my school and outlook for my private, both work nice - but Gmail handles chain emails way better.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

If you're not a big e-mail person then you might as well go for the domain that sounds better

If you want my attention, quote my post or I will not see it. I ignore builds that do not use PCPartPicker.

If I have solved/answered your question, please press "mark solved" to make it easier for the rest of the community find the answer

no need to choose, i use both, and i just have both on my phone to get the notifications of both.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Hey there!

I personally use Outlook because I find that it is a very professional email provider and deals with Junk and spam email accordingly. I also find Outlook much easier to navigate around and I don't know if this is just me but Outlook seems a lot smoother and faster the Gmail.

I use both email providers regularly so I hope this information is useful.

I hope this helps and pick wisely!

Many thanks, Joseph.

I use outlook.com at the moment, and there are quite a lot of really minor issues that are starting to get on my nerves. I have found that it's not uncommon for the whole page to just freeze up and not respond to clicks etc, requiring me to refresh the page to make it work.

Unless you find a nice address on outlook.com, I would probably suggest that you use gmail instead.

HTTP/2 203

4ZHMDKF.png

Here is my justification - is it really needed to split a chain email up multiple times in my inbox? Gmail puts this all in one long chain instead.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I use both

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

If you have an android phone, stick to gmail.

Otherwise try them both and see which yo prefer.

SNIP

P.S, follow your own topics for notifications of answers.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

I prefer Gmail, I've used Hotmail/Outlook for years.

TBH I use both, I have my outlook mail being forwarded to my Gmail.

If you have an android phone, stick to gmail.

Otherwise try them both and see which yo prefer.

right i have an Android phone so i have to have one anyway... maybe i will try both for a while.

for some reason i like the Outlook Ui way more.

"Well, not even last night's storm could wake you. I heard them say we've reached Morrowind, I'm sure they'll let us go."

Outlook doesn't have POP3 services

and it auto delete any account if it's inactive for 3months (it was a year, then 6months, and now 3months)

oh, so they go back with a year again.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/outlook/account-closed

I don't know how many times they already delete my account

with Hotmail, Live.com, and what was it that required for GFWL.

and now Skype also require MSN account.

I'm still using that account and yet, they kept deleting my email acount.

hey guys.

i am planning to move my email & stuff to a new provider.

i think since i already have a microsoft-account for my Windows i might just go with an outlook address & OneDrive.

you should know i am not a heavy email and cloud-storage user so it does not really matter if i am going with GoogleDrive or OneDrive.

it would be practical to stay with one provider instead of having multible accounts for every single service.

i dont know what to choose cause both ways are easy accessible on Phone and PC.

so my question is: are there any major benefits for one over the other?

and please... no childish Microsoft or Google hating.

I use Gmail since I use google for everything (Google Chrome, Nexus 6, etc) so it just kinda all syncs which I like

I use both. Gmail for crap stuff like forum notifications and such.

Outlook for personal.

I prefer Outlook. Cleaner interface, simple to use, yet powerful.

Also the new outlook.com look really nice

Isn't Gmail better for personal use and Outlook for business?

And about clouding, Onedrive gives you 15GB free but you can't upload files larger than 2GB. Google Drive give you 15GB but no size limit (ok it's 5TB but you won't use it).

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Yeah,you're right, they upped it since I last checked it.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

If you download the onedrive app on your phone it will give you an extra 15GB of storage so you have 30GB for free. I use hotmail just because I always have and there is no benifiet to switching. The integration of one drive into file explorer is also very good if you have windows 8.1

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

outlook 

Why did the console player cross the road?......To render the building on the other side.

The perfect system is one with no users.

I have two outlooks, a personal one and one for school, and two gmail, a email for all my accounts and one for putting on my resume, both have features that I like google docs for example, but if you want a good mail app either way get the outlook app.  I remember reading a review that the best app for gmail on Iphone is the outlook app, and on android the calendar widget is amazing

Slightly OT, but can I introduce you to the brilliance that is Mozilla Thunderbird? It's not an email provider per se but it's a client that's basically your inbox for all the email addresses you'll ever use. Atm I have 5 addresses; 3 Gmail and 2 Yahoo. Thunderbird keeps all my inboxes, outboxes, drafts etc in the same window. Really useful. 

In answer to your question though I recommend Gmail. The UI for me is cleaner and easier to understand.